Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
PRESS RELEASE: Extreme Boats Magazine >

PRESS RELEASE: Extreme Boats Magazine

Notices

PRESS RELEASE: Extreme Boats Magazine

Old 01-05-2003, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Art, i just sent you an email regarding our local poker run here in August.
Old 01-05-2003, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We Need some more here on the East coast of Michigan possibly Detroit or Port Huron or as far north as Bay City Tawsas or Oscoda. We have people intrested from the Tawas, Oscoda area that own resorts and would like to host. Let us know what we can put together as far as preliminary info, Also when we were in Key West talking with PR America they indicated something in the offing for Detroit in the next year or so..... Again to a guy like me with a 26 Cat that does'nt break 100mph ,a fun run is sometimes more enjoyable..... It's only money I know but it can make the choice sometimes..... so if you can keep the entrance money low 'they will come'..... Thx. Bill
Old 01-05-2003, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Art,good luck in your venture,I know its not as easy as it looks,cause I know what Bill Frenz goes thru and im just a by stander Long Island N.Y. is a prime area for a poker run,i have posted this before hoping some of the local marine people would see it,no luck. I really think its funny that no locals can get in on it because it would be benifical to them. some guys ran 2 pokerruns out of oceanoutboards place (no assn.) and they were extremly successful. the NJPPC came over here bout 4 years ago,again another success. L.I. is wide open and prime for poker runs. there plenty of boats, nice water,plenty of stops,could be both offshore and in the bay. I could offer some assistance and have some other people who could help. tripps email [email protected]:
Old 01-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a multipule location events or a series of events ??

Maybe over a 3-day weekend hit 3 to 5 lakes with 3 to 5 hands on each one, or a series maybe by month where the boat with the best 5 hands overall is the winner ?
Old 01-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Keep them coming!

I knew you guys would come through. Don't forget to tell me what you DON'T like about poker runs. I'm printing this thread so I can keep track of all suggestions...but don't stop now
Old 01-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Registered

I love to watch Outerlimits, Skaters,MTI,and Nortechs as much as anyone but some of the poker run entry fees are getting a little steep. Maybe you guys could organize some runs with smaller guys in mind.
1. Keep the food simple and cheap.
2. Maybe incorperate a radar run.
3. Maybe a 2 day event so the schedule isn't so tight.
4. Keep the entry fee low.
5. More runs in the midwest.

I would still go to couple more expensive runs each year to see the big boats, but I think alot of boaters out there are a little intimidated running with the big dogs. And are looking for something smaller and more affordable.
Just my $ .02
Old 01-05-2003, 07:53 PM

Patti Mcgees (Long Island) was a great spot for a run, If you can get everyone to work together what a place for a Poker Run,
Old 01-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Registered

i am with 25daytona events for smaller boats as well
Old 01-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

lake of the Ozark ( LOTO ) is prime for a poker run there are many offshore style boats, more than ive seen any where else, in one place, i know Missouri water patrol is a stikler but i would think it is doable.
later
Dave
Old 01-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Originally posted by 25Daytona
I love to watch Outerlimits, Skaters,MTI,and Nortechs as much as anyone but some of the poker run entry fees are getting a little steep. Maybe you guys could organize some runs with smaller guys in mind.
1. Keep the food simple and cheap.
2. Maybe incorperate a radar run.
3. Maybe a 2 day event so the schedule isn't so tight.
4. Keep the entry fee low.
5. More runs in the midwest.

I would still go to couple more expensive runs each year to see the big boats, but I think alot of boaters out there are a little intimidated running with the big dogs. And are looking for something smaller and more affordable.
Just my $ .02

We are thinking somewhere in the range of $200 - $250 for entry fees and this could include a couple of t-shirts, and a couple of dinners. Alot depends on the amount of support we get and where we end up hosting it.

As for running with the big dogs, how about a short course and long course? Or maybe a two day event...first day the big dogs, second day everyone else? Then a big party afterwards.

Keep the ideas coming guys. I'll try to incorporate all the best suggestions that you put forth.

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE: Extreme Boats Magazine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.