Notices

fountain owners

Old 01-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a 93 32 with fresh 500hps. The guy says it runs 82 on gps.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Curt

Johnny the 32 Fountain is a great boat. I have really enjoyed mine. It comes from the factory with all the little performance goodies (k-planes, hydraulic steering, full complement of gaffrig gauges, electric bolsters etc.) as part of the package. You don't have to add anything...unless you want more power! I like feeling like I am part of a rich racing heritage. You can't watch a boat race without seeing a Fountain of some type either in front or near the front. Fountain has virtually all the v-bottom speed records which makes for fun "bench racing" with your pals. It's kind of like owning a chevy and living off of Jeff Gordon's triumphs. The boat is rock solid. I added a couple of drink holders last year and broke a drill bit off in the cockpit trying to mount them! I'm telling you these boats are tough. As far as the size goes, I posted on another thread recently that the 32 is just big enough to take on some pretty rough water and just small enough to be able to trailer without a 2500 or 3500 series truck. As far as the wife goes...the Fountain will get you a girlfriend! Good luck.

Old 01-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the guy has owned it since 94, it came w/502s, in 01 the guy had 500hps built, they used factory intake & carbs,roller cams,roller rockers imco exhaust, put bigger vaves in etc. he is asking 45.000w/myco trailer im not neg. im giving what he ask.some may think im stupid but its my money.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Curt

Assuming it's clean and runs great, it sounds like a deal to me.

Old 01-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Registered

i think your going to like it!!!!
Old 01-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Johnny,
It's January...think with your BIG head. Try it before you buy it.
I know people who bought boats off season and took peoples words as to conditions. Bad move in every case.
I went the same route in 2000. Put a deposit on a Formula in early March in New Hampshire. Sale hinged on good survey AND sea trail when the lake thawed. Mid April the survey came back "questionable". Surveyor found stress cracks in the bottom I didn't see when I was there in March with snow on the ground.
Just think how pissed mama will be if she finds out you bought a turd
Oh yeah, I passed on that boat and found one nicer in June 2000 in Virginia. Still got it and mom loves it
Good luck ,Dude
Old 01-07-2003, 11:55 PM
RacerX@LMP

I have owned one and it all depends on what you want out off your boat. 93 has no steps so you are not going to get the speed of new boat. I f you are approved for that year you should look at a newer boat go out longer on financing with the same payment you are looking at now. A 93 boat is bound to have some problems and you could end up spending 10 to 15 k over the next year fixing it. Buy a new boat right with the new lower prices and you will spend more time in the water and less time in the shop.

Old 01-08-2003, 12:07 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i saw a brand spanking new 35 executioner with twin 496HO at the NYC boat show for 120k. That is a hell of a deal on a new boat.

for all teh *****ign abotu fountains they are pretty nice. I think I might even be able to get used to the left hand throttles.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts
Default Ticked Wife

When I sold my 32 Baja and bought a Fountain (35) no step, my wife was ticked because the cabin was so much smaller. After the first weekend , she says, "this boat rides a lot better than the other one". She never used the cabin any way except to store all the crap that they always seem to never use on the boat anyway.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Well it all depends on how you want to use the boat!
Fountain is going to be faster.
Baja much more space, and cabin, but slower
That 32 is really a 29 don't forget!
Plus being a 93 it will be much harder to sell it when you want to move up!
Good Luck

Quick Reply: fountain owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.