Notices

Eliminator

Old 01-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have an Eliminator D-33..............and live 2000 miles away and have no problems with anything with the factory. I had a few cuts on the seats..I called and they sent me 12 yards of the same covering. (My friend does furniture retoration) so he recovered no problem. Rocker switches weren't releasing each and everytime...alled and they sent me not just the one I talked about ...but all new rockers. Wanted to try new props.......they send them, take your credit card#, when I was done.. sent them back and only paid freight.....I have had a great relationship with.
ANT.........you probably and might have gone about it the wrong way. If YOU would have called and talked to Bob or Brent.
They have done other things for me and my boat...too much to get into

Last edited by enticer; 01-13-2003 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Rather than winning about it, why don't you just replace the blower with some plastic ones? Besides, those squirrel cage blowers look butt ugly. I saw some axial blowers recently on ebay that were supposed to raise the hp of your engine too. Sounds like a win-win situation.

You know, it's guys like you that prove that our legal system is really screwed up. It's a $40 dollar part, and a little labor! And you want to sue them! Wow...
Old 01-13-2003, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ant,

Sorry man to hear your situation, but calling a lawyer and having them send stuff to Eliminator. I agree with Cord, you should made it a point to talk with someone before jumping like that, I had to call Fountain a couple of times over a cracked hatch but once I talked to Steve Harralson (hard to reach) I had the hatch ups to me free of charge.

It wouldn't surprised if they don't ignore you now for the simple reason of not wanting to deal with a lawyer.

If I misunderstood anything I apoligize.

Will
Old 01-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Registered

Mpally-When I took delivery of my boat it had some things that were not perfect. I was afraid I was going to get the run around when I brought up the problems I had, but I worried over nothing. Eliminator had boat picked up & taken back to CA. & then sent back to me just as they said they would do. I am guessing it cost them at least $1, 500 just to get the boat picked up & sent back.

Will I buy another one. Hell ya!
Old 01-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Registered

I am not going to get invovled in this debate, but I will say that another member of this board had major problems with his Eliminator. We are not talking about a part rusting. His hull delaminated and Eliminator would not stand behind their hull. If you want details, pm slydog and I am sure he will be happy to fill you in. I, myself would never buy an Eliminator. I am glad that you are satisfied with yours.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:16 PM
RickerTX

My boat has been excellent and my local, Eliminator owned dealership, is great to work with. IMHO - Lawyers+boats = nobody wins. My experience has been that Eliminator wants your boat to be the best in your area. I am sure it is a miscommunication.

Old 01-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I've had some powdercoated EMI hardware and it faded in 1 season. My current and previous boats were always covered.
1998 232 Islander 7.4 (got the 25 OL)
Tow Rig
04 Excursion EB PSD 4x4 6" lift 35's
MY PICS: http://community.webshots.com/user/skygod73
Old 01-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Ant

Thanks for the replies. What you have to understand is that I am not whining, but very frustrated. We are not talking about just a few dollars here, we are talking about a couple of thousand dollars. There are a lot of things that have to be replaced. The blower is just one of them. Would take too long to list all problems. The boat simply is not of the quality that ELiminator has professed it to be. As far as Bob and Brent Leach are concerned, more than a dozen calls have gone unanswered. Two attorney letters have gone unanswered. Ti ease everyone's mind, Eliminator, in the beginning had promised to send out the parts that were needed and pay my mechanic's labor charges. Then Eliminator stated that they "lost" the estimate and parts sheet. After faxing them two more times, my mechanic called and I believe it was Brent Leach who stated that they were not going to honor their previous committment. Siting lack of maintenance
caused the problems I experienced. How do you stop rust when sea water is alllowed to spray the engine and blower motor? How do you prevent blistering of gauges and peeling of the powder coating? So you see Cord, your comments are those of a dealer who has sold a boat and left the buyer to be damned. I am sure if it was you who had to shell out a couple of thousand dollars because of a manufacturers defect, you wouldn't think It was whining.

Old 01-15-2003, 01:36 PM
liquidlocomotive

does eliminator still have the yearly regatta? take your boat there and make a hugh stink about it in front everyone. That wont help brand loyalty. Love to see the reaction.

Old 01-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Registered

Liquid- Good idea, I will be there. May 2 - 4th

Quick Reply: Eliminator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.