Notices

Is this powerboat mag?

Old 01-08-2003, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this powerboat mag?

Got my powerboat today and there is tests on 2 crusers, a ski boat, a bow rider and a rinker. What happened to all the performance boats?
Old 01-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ugh, didn't Rinker come out with a 'performance' boat last year?

I believe they did a 6 page spread/AD of the only performance boat at the beginning of the mag. ......FOUNTAIN!
Old 01-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ya, but look at that 6 page Fountain ad!!!
Old 01-08-2003, 07:54 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks havn't got mine yet. Now I don't want it.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Yup, kinda took the excitement out of getting the next issue.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Registered

I also just noticed the formula ad is for there cruser liene. You know I stopped getting boating ***azine because it turned into fishermans monthly. I hope PB isn't going that way.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 2,967 Likes on 981 Posts

You guys can't slam the mag because they test different boats every once in a while. They have always tried to keep it diverse and give a little taste of other boats. I don't really see why people ***** so much about a certain article. If you don't like to read about a bow rider, or ski boat....Dont read the artcle, I don't! But you can't say that they don't cover, and mainly focus on performance boats...Look at any issue in recent history and you will find a (usually high) performance boat on the cover and several inside the mag.

You complain about these boats being tested but what you don't see are the complaints they (PBM staff) get when they put, say...a 51 Outerlimits on the cover, or the 46 Rough rider where people gripe that the boat is out of their reach and unrealistic. Personally I enjoy reading about these "super" boats just like I enjoy reading in other mags about a Ferrari F-50 or Lamborghini Mercialago

If you have a beef with some part, email them, they actually listen to their readers and try to shape the magazine to fit the readers likes and needs. Bret and his crew are good people and are truley putting every ounce of effort into producing the best performance boating magazine. You can't please everyone all of the time.

Tank
Old 01-08-2003, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

lets see ads for active thunder,baja,cigarette,donzi,douglas marine,eliminator,formula,halletts,hustler,mti,out erlimits,
powerquests,spectre,sunsation,velocity, and a few of the smaller offshore brands, show me a magazine that has more offshore heritage ! and while formula had and ad for there ss line they also had a ad for their fastech line, personally id like to see a mag come out with nothing but the big off shores with a lot of tech articles and boaters rides boats like the hot rod mags 20 years ago but the plain truth is theres probably less then 1000 maybe 1500 offshore boats sold annually and we our a very small market. why do you think you can buy a crusier of any size for far less than a offshore, numbers!
later
Dave
Old 01-09-2003, 07:11 AM
Registered

There's some good coverage of both groups' World Championships and a poker run, even if the boat tests leave something to be desired. Haven't looked at all of them yet, but I did see an MTI cat reviewed.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:23 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't mind that last issue one bit. I look at that test on the Formula SS and PowerQuest SC as a mix between cruiser and performance and not TRUE cruisers.

Heck those so called cruisers were pushing 60+. In fact PQ claims that their's will do 63 that aint to bad for a "cruiser".

Not everyone goes 100+ with cover girl cabins or other amenities

Quick Reply: Is this powerboat mag?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.