B Max vs Imco extreme sc ? >

B Max vs Imco extreme sc ?

Notices

B Max vs Imco extreme sc ?

Old 01-11-2003, 08:30 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YOUR BOAT DOES NOT WEIGH A WHOLE LOT BUT YOUR TOURQUE MIGHT KILL EMCO'S . WAIT ABOUT ANOTHER 40 HRS & YOU MIGHT BE CALLING ME. $16000.00 DIV.x(60 HRS)=$266.00 PER HOUR.IF YOU LAST 60 HRS WITHOUT BREAKING. I KNOW I HAD TRIP EMCOS. ON MY 37 OL . THEY STARTED BREAKING AT 80 HOURS AND I ONLY HAD TRIP 500 HP'S.AND NEVER QUIT BREAKING!REPAIRS ENDED UP COSTING AS MUCH AS THE DRIVES. WISH YOU LUCK. RON
Old 01-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Raypanic
My opinion is they fill the gap between 500 Hp and 800 Hp After that B-max seems a better choice. Other things to concider is re-builds, If I pop a seal or something minor Most dealers could handle it being IMCO's. The b-max seems too exotic for just anyone to work on. (IMHO)
I agree with Ray!
Old 01-11-2003, 09:08 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

ALL DRIVES ARE BASIC. LOWERS ARE THE SAME WITH DIFFERENT PARTS. PARTS ARE ONLY LARGER.WARRENTY CAN ONLY BE DONE BY FACTORY OR JR MARINE. THERE ARE TIMES DEAN WILL LET A DRIVE SHOP WORK ON ONE ONLY WITH HIS OK. THIS SPEEDS UP REPAIR DEPENDING ON THE PROBLEM.SO EXOTIC MAY NOT BE THE CORRECT WORD TO USE.THE ONLY EXOTIC THING ABOUT THE B-MAX IS THAT THEY WORK LIKE THE ENERGIZER BUNNY THEY KEEP GOING AND GOING AND GOING..................................
Old 01-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Registered

Originally posted by WILDTHING TAZ
YOUR BOAT DOES NOT WEIGH A WHOLE LOT BUT YOUR TOURQUE MIGHT KILL EMCO'S . WAIT ABOUT ANOTHER 40 HRS & YOU MIGHT BE CALLING ME. $16000.00 DIV.x(60 HRS)=$266.00 PER HOUR.IF YOU LAST 60 HRS WITHOUT BREAKING. I KNOW I HAD TRIP EMCOS. ON MY 37 OL . THEY STARTED BREAKING AT 80 HOURS AND I ONLY HAD TRIP 500 HP'S.AND NEVER QUIT BREAKING!REPAIRS ENDED UP COSTING AS MUCH AS THE DRIVES. WISH YOU LUCK. RON
Were these drives the Imco Extreme, or the new style Imco Extreme SC?
Old 01-12-2003, 08:16 AM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

MARK THEY WHERE THE EMCO ETREME'S. BUT REMEMBER EMCO STILL USES MERCURY GEARS! THEY CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH POWER THEN THEY FAIL NO MATTER WHAT NAME YOU PUT ON THEM. RON
Old 01-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the Imco Extreme SC on my 37 A.T., the weight of the boat is approx 10100 lbs, I have only 30 hours on the boat, all of it dyno it in or test rides, and 2 poker runs, to new to rate , but am pleased to this point.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Registered

Question Gears

Is the reason the gears fail not because of the upper gear housing flexing, and allowing the gears to seperate or grow apart untill they break? That is why I thought B Max and now Imco started building there own upper gear case.
Don't get me wrong I know that the B max is a good drive but the $$ differance is a good bit, and I just think the drive looks a bit heavy for a stock Gimbal.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:45 AM
Registered

Originally posted by JASSMAN
I have the Imco Extreme SC on my 37 A.T., the weight of the boat is approx 10100 lbs, I have only 30 hours on the boat, all of it dyno it in or test rides, and 2 poker runs, to new to rate , but am pleased to this point.
How much power are you running, and what ratio is the drive & prop size?
Old 01-12-2003, 10:09 AM
Registered

Jassman is running 675 Eickerts, through1.35 IMCO SC's. Though the boat only has 30 hrs, they were almost all at WOT. The props have ranged from 32 Bravo's to Hering 5 blades, and the boat handles flawlessly. IMCO SC's are great to about 900 HP, after that, the B max is the drive of choice. The gears weren't the weak point, it was the housing, which has been changed.
Also keep in mind, B max uses an IMCO lower.

IMCO is much cheaper, almost half.

Steve
Old 01-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Registered

B-Max has the own lower now, much higher qualitity than Imco's, there isn't any filler or bondo. If your going with big power the B-Max is the only way to go.

Quick Reply: B Max vs Imco extreme sc ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.