Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO dealers boat show KC area get together (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40900-loto-dealers-boat-show-kc-area-get-together.html)

tanned fat looks better 01-13-2003 09:45 AM

LOTO dealers boat show KC area get together

Ok haven't heard anything lately. Still on for a get together on Saturday Jan 25th?

The show is at the new Overland Park convention center. Here is a map for out of towners.

http://www.opconventioncenter.com/im...ocator_map.jpg

There are a lot of hotels near by, the Sheraton is attached to place but there are many hotels within a mile or so.
hotel map

Johnny's Tavern in OP on 119th is close and has an area that can be reserved. Do we want to do Johnny's?? Before or after or at all or both or Hooters? I know hooters will not Reserve ant table space though?

http://www.johnnystavern.com/images/gif/jlogo.gif

a map to Johnny's
http://www.johnnystavern.com/images/gif/map-op.gif

Chime in all.............I can reserve Johnny's if that's good with everyone. Once we get some responses maybe we can move this to get together's.

Shorty 01-13-2003 11:50 AM

Count me & Dawn in. You pick the place. Johnny's was fun last year, although Hooter's is probably closer to the new place.

OBNOXUS21 01-13-2003 12:57 PM

I'll be there. I am originally from O.P. but moved to Lawrence for school. I always boat at LOTO and am lookinhg forward to meeting some of the other K.C. OSOer's. See you soon.

Von Bongo 01-13-2003 12:58 PM

I'm Out, I will be in Colorado Skiing :p

H20 Cowgirl 01-14-2003 07:30 AM

Gordo has to work, but I'll probably be there.

Outlawcowgirl 01-14-2003 08:24 AM

I'll be there. Tanned Fat I am up for anywhere after. Just let us know!

FunHome 01-14-2003 10:31 AM

Tanned, set it up and let me know. I'll try and be there!!

Justin, I'll introduce you to everyone.

tanned fat looks better 01-14-2003 07:25 PM

Ok I have Johnny's reserved at 4:30. There is 6 to 8 coming from Omaha (on f a s t b o a t s) looks like 10 or 12 more from here so far. Lutz, Jesse James, Mr & Mrs Dlg, KChotboat, Mr & Mrs Tan~kie, Mr & Mrs Hangin around, Mr & Mrs 283Check where are you guys.

BankerRon 01-14-2003 07:30 PM

I'll be there.

I guess I will see everyone there.

DLG 01-14-2003 07:49 PM

We're in.

mpally 01-14-2003 09:31 PM

How is that boat show? Is it worth the drive from St. Louis?

LakeRacer 01-14-2003 10:06 PM

Hooters will.

Hooters will reserve an area for you. Just talk to the manager and tell them you have 20-30 people wanting to show up and spend money at Hooters. And don't be shy about telling them you will go somewhere else. Just do it nicely. If the manager is worth his/her salt, they will oblige you. I do this all the time in Phoenix. In fact, I have the manager down here calling me once every three months. One last thing, if you're sure you can get 20-30 people to attend, see if the manager will throw in a "wings party."

mpally 01-14-2003 10:10 PM

Well, then I may have to give that some thought. I was going to go to the lake that weekend, but I may just have to head that way.

Griff 01-14-2003 11:42 PM

TFLB, which river rats from Omaha are coming down???

Been thinking about making the trip down, but don't know if Bobbie & I can both get off work and if we can get a sitter for the little guy. I'll check into it more this week and let ya know.

LutzParty 01-15-2003 02:47 AM

Were In!!:D :D

Wherever is good for us to meet. The LakePort crew will be recovered from the trip to Quaffs after the sports show by then I hope. :D :D

Can you dance on the bar at Johnnys???
Not that I would do that or anything.

tanned fat looks better 01-15-2003 06:41 AM

mmmmmmm the Quaff.

Griff I copied this of fast boats dot info re;Omahaians ( or whatever)

Me (Chuck) and the wife (Jaylene) we be coming down after she gets done sucking the fat out of another patient on Sat. morning. We should be in town around 4:30. How far is westport from Johnny's, I like the idea of being able to walk or get a cab to go bar hopping, so somewhere close to everything is ideal, since I can not just hop in the boat and try to avoid the boat patrol.

I think there will be at least four couples that want to stay down there Sat. night (Eddie and wife (special k)(Kathy)), (Adam and Gina (38 special)), maybe (Frog) Terry, and Kiley

Outlawcowgirl 01-15-2003 08:35 AM

Sounds like we are going to have a BIG group! I can't hardly wait to meet all of you!!! :woohoo:

283CHECK 01-15-2003 10:36 AM

Hey Tanned Flabby:p Cyndi and I are planning on hitting the boat show for sure, not sure if we'll be able to make any after festivites. Depends on how she's a feeling after the walking and talking. But that early we'll try and swing by and have a drink or two and chat with everyone. Johnny's(?) across from the sprint complex?

tanned fat looks better 01-15-2003 08:56 PM

so far:
Omahaians-(if Griff and Bobby) 8-10
Tflb's-2
Short's-2
Dlg's-2
Lutz's-2
283's-2
hanginaround's-2
boatlezz & bankeron-2
Tan~kei's-2
obnoxous's-2(i think)
Gordo & H20-2
Funhome's-2
JJ-1 or 2
KChotboat-1
Dunnit52's-2

Damn 37 so far!!!!

If you chime in do the math and tally the #

where's:
KCloto
lotoparty
MPALLY (you coming? bring some St Louisers}
Liquid Lounge
kcbaja

I know i'm missing a bunch......Let's get it going!

HOUSTONPROP 01-15-2003 09:32 PM

Re: LOTO dealers boat show KC area get together

Originally posted by tanned fat looks better
Ok haven't heard anything lately. Still on for a get together on Saturday Jan 25th?

The show is at the new Overland Park convention center. Here is a map for out of towners.

http://www.opconventioncenter.com/im...ocator_map.jpg

There are a lot of hotels near by, the Sheraton is attached to place but there are many hotels within a mile or so.
hotel map

Johnny's Tavern in OP on 119th is close and has an area that can be reserved. Do we want to do Johnny's?? Before or after or at all or both or Hooters? I know hooters will not Reserve ant table space though?

http://www.johnnystavern.com/images/gif/jlogo.gif

a map to Johnny's
http://www.johnnystavern.com/images/gif/map-op.gif

Chime in all.............I can reserve Johnny's if that's good with everyone. Once we get some responses maybe we can move this to get together's.

LETS GO TO TANNERS /ITS A GREAT PLACE !!!!!:D

tanned fat looks better 01-15-2003 09:41 PM

Hey!! you've been here!

So if we came down there should we go to SRO?

Or Woody's Coastal Cantina? (Galveston)

HOUSTONPROP 01-15-2003 09:49 PM

YOU BET O.V.P/ITS GREAT

LOVE THAT PLACE/if you come down here we will just hit both places.:eek: we are going to try to hit the boat show up there /If we do we will get in touch with ya/take care.my brother lives on west 152nd.he is a local attorney there.:eek: :eek: :D

KCHOTBOAT 01-15-2003 10:17 PM

TFLB
I better not go out that weekend. I have to take care of the new toys.

tanned fat looks better 01-15-2003 10:20 PM

It would be great to meet you guy's. If your going to make it call me or Gordo.

me 913-238-1090 nextel 140*23*23162
Gordo 913-485-3151

tanned fat looks better 01-15-2003 10:21 PM

KC,

I feel your pain :):)

Holy Smokes 01-16-2003 09:59 AM

KC Baja and the Mrs. checking in. That makes #38 and #39.

Hey Darin, where does your brother live? We're on West 152nd Place in OP. Can't be far away... and you can never know enough attorney's!!

HOUSTONPROP 01-16-2003 12:27 PM

KC Baja

My brother address is 6312 W. 152nd St. on the cul-del-sac. Darin

Griff 01-16-2003 03:03 PM

We'll be there!!!:) Probably get there around noon or 1pm.

OBNOXUS21 01-16-2003 03:37 PM

So I am confused,..........Tanner's, Johnny's, or what?

I know many people that I grew up with that work at Johnny's and Tanner's. I am sure either would be great as both places are usually a good place to go any night!

What night and time?

Holy Smokes 01-16-2003 03:43 PM

I think that makes #40 and #41 with Griff and company.

Darin... What a small world!! Your brother and I live in the same subdivision! 'bout a half mile apart. Is he a boater, too? So, when I need some props redone, I can just drop them off at his house? Just kidding... This is kinda freaky, you spell your name just like my brother (kinda rare)... If your brother's name is Travis, then that's just too wierd!!

fountain525sc 01-16-2003 05:49 PM

YOU CAN COUNT ME AND MY BETTER HALF IN IF YOU'LL HAVE US!!

MnFastBoat 01-16-2003 09:46 PM

hummmm
just realized with the help of BoatlessCowgirl that this is NOT the weekend i am goin to Richmond
I just MIGHT be able to make it down :)
any cheap places to stay for one night.
Bad thing is I have to work Sunday night so I will have a 8 hour drive then work that night :( talk about another 24 hour day :(
but then again its not like its the first time :)

HOUSTONPROP 01-16-2003 10:46 PM

SMALL WORLD

Originally posted by KC Baja
I think that makes #40 and #41 with Griff and company.

Darin... What a small world!! Your brother and I live in the same subdivision! 'bout a half mile apart. Is he a boater, too? So, when I need some props redone, I can just drop them off at his house? Just kidding... This is kinda freaky, you spell your name just like my brother (kinda rare)... If your brother's name is Travis, then that's just too wierd!!

COOL! I have four other brothers but none named Travis:D Kevin like to go boating but does not have one to cheap:D no not really but he is alot of fun stop by and say hello to him if you want /and yes you can drop your props off /he has been trying to get me to open a retail outlet there and was going to have someone he knows run it and ship props back and forth:eek: I havent decided on that one yet.do you know where Smith Center,KS is ? My Parents live there.(out in the middle of know where):D talk to you later .Darin

tanned fat looks better 01-17-2003 09:09 AM

Obnoxuos......It's Johnny's 4:30 saturday.

Hugh it would be great to see you again.

525 I guess we could do that :)

tanned fat looks better 01-20-2003 01:40 PM

Ok I guess we'll all see each other around 4:30 ish on Saturday.

Should we do Hawaiian shirts and beads and stuff??

Outlawcowgirl 01-20-2003 02:10 PM

It might be too cold for my grass skirt and coconut bra. :(

OBNOXUS21 01-20-2003 03:51 PM

Does anyone want me find out about some special or package deal?
I know a lot of people that work there so I could put in a work for about a party of 40....?

tanned fat looks better 01-20-2003 03:58 PM

Originally posted by boatlesscowgirl
It might be too cold for my grass skirt and coconut bra. :(
NOPE!!

FunHome 01-21-2003 10:12 AM

I have a Question!! Since it's at 4:30 in the afternoon is everyone going to go to the Show after Johnny's??? (Some of us have things to do during the day on Saturday and won't be able to get away until about 4:30!) I just got word that we need to add one more to our count, Wife says her sister wants to go. But, they thought it was later in the evening???

Holy Smokes 01-21-2003 11:03 AM

I plan on going to the show before the 4:30 get-together.

Excessive drinking before looking at new boats is hazardous to my finanacial status.