Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What's a good Digital Camera?? >

What's a good Digital Camera??

Notices

What's a good Digital Camera??

Old 01-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Idealy I would like to spend $400 to $500 on the camera. The ones you guy's are talking about that are over a Grand are way out of my range. (Heck, I live in Kansas there isn't that many things worth taking picture's of!!)
Old 01-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
I just bought a new cannon 60 series dv cam corder that also takes digital pics on either the dv tape or on the media card. Its an awsome camera with lots of features plus its pretty user friendly. I paid about $650.00 for it I feel that its alot of camera for the money.
my.02
I just bought a Cam Corder 3 months ago!! At the time I was thinking that it would be to much to deal with for my wife!! I probably should have gone with it anyway!! Is it easy to use?
Old 01-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an Olympus E-10 and I like it a lot. 4.0 megapixels 4X zoom plus you can add 3 lense adapters. 2 telephoto and 1 wide angle.

I liked it for the larger body, uses CF or SM cards. manual and automatic modes, remote, built in flash and so on. I still have my Nikon FE too and won't give it up.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Mrs 283Check

Originally posted by FunHome
Idealy I would like to spend $400 to $500 on the camera. The ones you guy's are talking about that are over a Grand are way out of my range. (Heck, I live in Kansas there isn't that many things worth taking picture's of!!)
Brad,

Chris got me a digital camera for Christmas that I think was around that price range. I really like it. He knows more about it than I do though. I'll email him this thread and see if he'll expand on it.

Cyndi

Old 01-14-2003, 12:58 PM
kelcom

Nikon CoolPix 2500--$299.00 at circuit city!!

Old 01-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brad,
Last year I bought a canon s110 $400 at the time) and love it to death. I bought it with the intention that I would just use it for internet based photos. If I'm interested in taking quality photos I still use my old film camera. With this in mind the canon has served me well. It's very compact so I can carry it all over with me. The other thing with these little bastards is they are changing so fast that camera's seem to become obsolete very fast(if not significantly cheaper 1 year later )
Just my .02
Heres your boat at on the big dick's run at LOTO this summer
Attached Thumbnails What's a good Digital Camera??-brad-fun-oso.jpg  
Old 01-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Intolerant1

Whatever your choice, get one with an optical zoom, not a digital zoom. I have an HP315 and I love it except that it has a digital zoom.

Old 01-14-2003, 01:19 PM
Registered

SONY DSC-P9

Awesome camera 4.1 MP 3x digital zoom and can handle movies (MPEG) with great soud quality for those Poker Run shots. 128 MB Stick gets you about 18 minutes of HQ Digital video. A 256MB stick is comming out in March which of course double the above number to 36 minutes. They also have an underwater case for the camera which enables you to dive 100' or so for stills and/or movies. Built like a Brick Sh#t House too!
Old 01-14-2003, 02:12 PM
DLG

Funhome,
Unless you’re printing larger then 4x6 you’ll be hard pressed to tell the difference in anything over 2.0 megapixal and 3.0 will print up to 8x10 just fine. I agree with everyone on optical zoom. Personally, I’d make sure it writes to Compact Flash since that’s the format that’s seeming to prevail.

Here are a couple of sites that might help:
http://www.dpreview.com/
http://www.dcresource.com/

BTW, I ordered mine from mail order discount and saved $350.00 over Best Buy.
DLG

Old 01-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Registered

Originally posted by FunHome
I just bought a Cam Corder 3 months ago!! At the time I was thinking that it would be to much to deal with for my wife!! I probably should have gone with it anyway!! Is it easy to use?
totally simple,
there is a switch tape or card. flip it to card and instead of the pause button there is a photo buton in the perfect finger spot just pus it and it takes the photo to the video card.real easy to veiw pics to on the lcd screen. (slideshow )etc.
Martin.

Quick Reply: What's a good Digital Camera??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.