Like Tree0Likes

OT Missing Dog????s

Old 01-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

My Boats: boating & cars

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think i've drove about 300 miles today looking, and stoping to ask if anyone has seen him.
So far no luck.I've also visited every vets office within 20 miles.
I have had several pets pass away over the years,but the not knowing what may have happened is what is really eating me!!!!
I keep thinking, is he hung up on a fence somewhere,or laying off the side of the road injured....
Thanks for the idea of hanging posters around....
Steve
Old 01-14-2003, 04:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
Unhappy

Call your local newspaper and give them the sad story , they should put something in the paper, say the dog is like a family member to you. Put flyers everywhere and do not give up! Put food out near some mud and see if prints appear. The more you look, the better your chances are. Did the dog have a collar w/ ID tags? Good luck and keep us posted!

PS - I'm a pro at this with (2) choclate labs - BH

Always put your cell phone number on all ID Tags..............
Old 01-14-2003, 04:57 PM
283CHECK

I'm not a dog owner but if your other dog is looking around the house for him maybe if you let the other out and follow him around? Might be able to lead you to him if he is hung up somewhere ?? Our house cat did this to us new years eve and she finally decided to come home. I know what you are goin through.. Good Luck

Old 01-14-2003, 04:58 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1997 225 BR Crownline.............

Sorry For Your Loss, I Hope It Returns..... I Had A Golden Retreiver That Disapeared, And To This Day I Think Someone Stoled Her From My Back Yard...
I Miss Her....

Good Luck,
Jeff
Old 01-14-2003, 05:08 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: 8' row boat

Try putting a bell on their collar. A real one, not come play thing. It really does help in finding them.

Years ago, I was walking a fence line by our house. I noticed a dog collar tangled in some brush. There was a tag on the collar and I knew the dog. I took the collar back to the owners who where amazed to have it. Apparently, the dog went missing for a couple of days and then turned up without it's collar. It was always a bit of a mystery to them. Well it turns out the collar got tangled up and it took the dog a while to free it's self. Lucky for the dog that it was able to get out of it's collar.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered

My Boats: Donzi Criterion

dont know if there are shelters in your rural area, if so check them. You'd be surprised the lack of calls they get, knowing that many of their residents are lost. Good luck finding her!
Old 01-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Registered

My Boats: Boats, Bikes, Cars

Any update?
Old 01-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Registered

I lost my shepard for about a week many years ago. He was very friendly and after swimming I'd always take his collar off. He jumped into someones car and they took him. I went to every shelter in the area. Then a week later they were driving down the road, him hanging out the window as usual. When he saw me he jumped out and ran over. The people said "We thought he was too well trained to be a stray." Yet they made no attempt to find the owners.

I hope you find your puppy!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

My Boats: boating & cars

As of this morning,not one lead or call,on what may have happened to him.We have a small radio station in our town,and 2 days ago I had an announcement made,with no results .
I've pretty much accepted that I probably won't find him.
Last night, my wife and I decided to get another dog.One of the main reasons being, that I am gone from home 10 days a month.And my wife feels much safer with a large dog around.
The breeder we got him from has gone out of business,so we are trying to find another breeder of black shepherds.If anyone knows of any,let me know.
Thanks to all,for the interest and concern.
Steve