Notices

Duramax wins!

Old 01-16-2003, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

MotorTrend doesn't take into affect long term durabilty problems etc.. and they are also looking at new "tech" and most improved from previous year. Don't get me wrong, I think Dodge did a good job with improving the truck, but I have had WAY too many bad experiences with them. Anybody can have a problem with there truck (any brand). But I know that Dodge has had more mechanicle issues then the others (Consumers Magazine will cover this well). This does not mean that yours or the guy down the roads Dodge is junk. One of my friends had great luck with his and bought another. (I just wish I had as much luck with mine or my 5 other friends as well that went back for the lemon law).

mcollinstn,

Thanks for the English lesson.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:57 AM
Intolerant1

Ive seen the Ford comercial where they drag race at a track pulling horse trailers. The Ford beats the Chevy. Now if you have video evidence that the Chevy is faster ????

Old 01-16-2003, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

Motor Trend ALSO picked the Renault Alliance as "car of the year" for 1985. My wife came into my marriage with one - good motor, but the entire rest of the car was pure and total sh*t. Total piece of steaming cr*p.

MT has picked more than a few losers in its time.
I pay ABSOLUTELY no attention to what they choose (although I usually read the CofYr/TofYr issue just to hear their take).

(for the record, I love the new Dodge).
Old 01-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure the Yugo got a Motortrend award sometime in its life
Old 01-16-2003, 09:05 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,736 Likes on 3,794 Posts

I have owed about 9 trucks overall and they were all chevys/gmc's, the biggest problem i ever had was a chip burned out, caused the park brake light to stay on. other than that all vehicles when sold or traded were in excess of 100,000 miles.
ill keep my chevys.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure know how to wake up a sleepy board
Old 01-16-2003, 09:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

The new trailer boats magazine did tests on the ford,chevy,and dodge and the said the ford took truck of the year for them. And yes the ford had the new 6.0 in it.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:47 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh Yeah!!! Well my brother has a nissan shop truck that pulls a 28 ft. Apache. Go ahead Ike show 'em the pictures!!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 10:00 AM
jr

Nothing against Motor Trend but they tend to give the awards out to the new vehicles. My Dodge Intrepid was car of the year the first year it was out too. That was the biggest POS I've ever owned. If you like it buy it, if it works for you keep it. If it sucks, run it into a wall and buy something different.

Old 01-16-2003, 10:59 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I think they all suck...I've owned Dodge/Ford/Chevy and currently own a F350PSD. None of these trucks can even compare to the quality of the Toyota trucks I've owned, unfortunately the Toyota can't pull diddly. Once the foreign manufacturers build a 1 ton truck, I'll be the first in line.

Quick Reply: Duramax wins!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.