Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm beginning to think that Formula might just be a front for the Devil... >

I'm beginning to think that Formula might just be a front for the Devil...

Notices

I'm beginning to think that Formula might just be a front for the Devil...

Old 01-22-2003, 12:36 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only wish I was in a financial position to be tempted. Five hundred bucks/month for daycare would be a good start for a boat payment!
Old 01-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Uncle Toys

Dockrocker – I feel your pain bro. Damn, I feel your pain daily! But, and this is a big but – you’ve got to keep your priorities straight! All kidding aside, your top priority now is that kid. If you can afford the boat and the wife can stay home and raise your child – great. If not, your rationalizing on the priorities.

Probably only three priorities you need to deal with: the first one I don’t even want to touch on this board, the second is the kid(s), third is probably retirement. After that take on whatever debt you two feel comfortable with and live for the day.

In my opinion, if you rationalize the wife needing a job so you can have a boat, your screwing up. For perspective though, all the above sermonizing comes to you from one of the sickest guys on the board. Just ask Mrs. Toys.

Old 01-22-2003, 12:52 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Be sure you get the new SS windshield and radar arch option,it transforms the looks of the 280.
Old 01-22-2003, 12:55 PM
Registered

UT,

We won't buy a boat if it means Mom has to go back to work - that is a non-starter (both with me and with her). And the retirement $$ doesn't get touched for anything short of a financial calamity - hell, now is the time to buy! I'm more looking at whether I put off redoing the landscaping in the front yard, that sort of thing.

So, I think I might have to do a bit more "serious" shopping at the boat show this year (of course, the Mrs will act as my conscience - she's great for this, UNLESS she happens to want something too. Then all rational thought goes out the window... )
Old 01-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Magicfloat
Be sure you get the new SS windshield and radar arch option,it transforms the looks of the 280.
Magic, I'm not real hot on the arch for the 280 or 33, to tell you the truth. Love it on the 370/400 (I *will* buy a 400SS with twin 525s if those lottery numbers come in!), but not the smaller boats. Of course, I've only seen pics, it may be different in the 'glass, so to speak.

BTW, do you guys have a website? I was looking for your dealership today but "nelemsmarine" was some dealership in Georgia - that's not you, is it?
Old 01-22-2003, 01:21 PM
Registered

What, what?!?!? *looking frantically all around* What did I do?!?!?

(I have a feeling I just opened a big ol' can o' worms!
Old 01-22-2003, 01:31 PM
Uncle Toys

Originally posted by dockrocker
hell, now is the time to buy! I'm more looking at whether I put off redoing the landscaping in the front yard, that sort of thing.
Gee, let me think - landscaping or boat? Dude, thats a tough one.....NOT

Old 01-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Don't get me started. Some jerk in Atlanta registered a bunch of names hoping to sell them. I didn't really want a website,don't have the time, All my boats are on Boatrader.com,search for dealer. So apparently the guy sold my name to Park Marine in Atlanta, I guess thinking they could steal a sale or 2 , but I think my customers are smarter than that.Trailmarine .com also goes to Park, they wouldn't buy either,they use .net.I'm pretty sure they are in violation of the anti-cyber squatting law, but it's too much trouble to fight it. Screw em and their sleazeball tactic.

Last edited by Magicfloat; 01-22-2003 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Registered

*******s - that sort of thing just boils my blood. Robert, if we decide to move on anything, I'll be giving you a call. I think I showed the Mrs a used 280 I found at your dealership a while back. She loves that boat (and so do I, truth to be told...)
Old 01-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Uncle Toys
Gee, let me think - landscaping or boat? Dude, thats a tough one.....NOT
True, but I don't have to rack-store or put gas in the landscaping Dammit UT, I'm trying to be responsible here, and I've left-coast jokers like you eggin' me on!

8 degrees in Detroit this morning - this kind of "virtual boat shopping" helps keep us folks in the snow belt sane!

Quick Reply: I'm beginning to think that Formula might just be a front for the Devil...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.