Notices

Overland Park Boat Show

Old 01-23-2003, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Overland Park Boat Show

ANYBODY GOING TO THE OVERLAND PARK KANSAS BOAT SHOW THIS FRIDAY AND SAT. WOULD LIKE TO HOOK UP WITH SOME MIDWEST PERFORMANCE BOATERS. THINKING ABOUT GOING FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. HAVE A GOOD ONE.........
Old 01-23-2003, 11:15 PM
Registered

We will be there on saturday night. I think a few other OSOers will be there too. We are meeting some friends there.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:30 AM
skaterize

How big is the boat show there was thinking about going to Louisville or Kansas City show, would love to hook up with some OSO guys or gals i will check thread later, please let me know....thanks, Craig

Old 01-24-2003, 11:04 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is sounding like the Overland Park boat show is the place to be tomorrow, (Saturday).
In fact, by Saturday afternoon, you won't be able to swing a dead cat by the tail without smacking an OSO member. I know there are quite a few going to the show early, then EVERYONE is meeting at "Johnny's" on 119th street, just east of old Metcalf, then after drinks and a quick bite, back to the show.
And yes, I GOT OFF DUTY FOR THE DAY !!!! Woohoo!
Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Now, about that vaccuum thingie...
Old 01-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Registered

Here's the link from the thread that has the info;

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=40900
Old 01-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts
Default OP Boat Show

Went last night (Thurs) to the show. Will go back Saturday to follow up on some things.
The new center is larger which has allowed more room between each display. There are a couple of new dealers and dock builders there including Ozark Barge's Gene Genniton's display of his floating breakwater. Way cool! Only $320 a running foot, yikes, only need about 100'.
Lots of cruisers, water bikes, etc. Not too much of the performance boats this year. Couple of the new Profiles, small Fountain, couple of Formulas, several sizes of Envisions, 2 Eliminator cats, small Baja's , Sunsation 28?. bow rider Donzi and some others. Was there trying to help my neighbor buy his first boat (family). The dealers are making some good deals especially on the big stuff. Check out Kelly's new Caranci (sp). Very nice cruiser with Volvo Diesels/outdrives upper 40mph < $270000.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:47 PM
Registered

CRAIG, THIS IS A NEW SHOW THIS YEAR AT A BRAND NEW CONVENTION CENTER IN OVERLAND PARK KS. IT PUT ON BY THE LOTO BOAT DEALERS. FROM READING SOME OF THE OTHER REPLYS IT DOES NOT SOUND TO BAD FOR THE MIDWEST. THERE IS ANOTHER SHOW AROUND THE FIRST PART OF FEB. AT THE OVERLAND PARK INTERNATIONAL TRADE CENTER ALSO PUT ON BY THE LOTO BOAT DEALERS.IT USUALLY HAS A LOT OF PEFORMANCE TYPE BOATS. BIG SHOW IN ST. LOUIS MO. COMING UP. NOT FOR SURE OF THE DATES THOUGH. GOING TO THE SHOW IN OP SAT AFTERNOON. SHOW ENDS SUN. HOPE THIS GIVE YOU A LITTLE INSIGHT ON WHAT IS GOING ON. HAVE A GOOD ONE..... PARTYHAWK
Old 01-24-2003, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

We'll be there on Sat afternoon and then Johnnie's late afternoon.

Can anyone tell me why they're calling it the "MIDWEST COAST BOAT SHOW" I've been in Kansas my entire life and have yet to locate the coast...
Old 01-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Charter Member #1015
Charter Member

The Mrs and I will be there sometime in the afternoon. I'd wear my OFO t-shirt except I wore it out last summer.
Gordo, watch it when you swing that dead cat!
Old 01-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Registered

Default Vacuum thingie

Is that a Bentford turbo charged high output super suction double bagging shop vac, as shown on Home Improvement! My wife says no lipos when she down there, although you do have the right shop vac. She said she will be intoxicated. She would hate to suck out size in the wrong place.

Quick Reply: Overland Park Boat Show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.