After Market Truck Warrantee's

Notices

After Market Truck Warrantee's

Old 01-24-2003, 07:56 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default After Market Truck Warrantee's

Ford offered me my money back for my warrantee as they have not been able to fix my truck tranny to my satisfaction, and will not replace the tranny. The are going to leave my warrantee in place so that is cool but I have to keep in mind that they have not been much help with the tranny issue. what I was thinking as a option to getting rid of the truck (do not think that I can replace it for anywere near the same money). was to get a aftermarket warrantee with the money that I am getting back from Ford. This would allow me to take the truck to a tranny speciallist and have it repaired properly, the way that Ford is not willing to do for some odd reason. Does anyone know of a aftermarket warrantee place that offeres good no fuss coverage with quick payment?

Jon
Old 01-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Yes. Will get details to send to you.
To refresh my memory this is a Ford PS diesel 3/4 ton 2001??
What are its miles?
Old 01-24-2003, 08:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an aftermarket policy on my F-250. After several "sorry, it's not covered" repairs I cancled it.
If the part(s) being replaced aren't specifically listed by name in the "what's covered" section of the policy, then it's not covered.
Make no assumptions. Read the transmission coverage carefully, see what's covered and try to think of how many other internal parts aren't covered.

I tried to have the pitman arm on my steering system replaced. Every part on the front end was covered except the pitman arm. WTF???
I had a sensor go bad causing it to stall at idle and ocasionally buck at low speeds. Wouldn't you know it, that part too wasn't covered.

My daughter had similar touble with hers. She cancled her policy too. It was almost useless.

I know you're having trouble with Fords warrenty but it's better than what's out there.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:24 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

I used to be a Mechanic and back then I saw both good and bad ones. The good ones were great, never put up any fuss and paid off. I just do not know who those companies are any more.

Jon
Old 01-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Originally posted by mcollinstn
Yes. Will get details to send to you.
To refresh my memory this is a Ford PS diesel 3/4 ton 2001??
What are its miles?
My truck is a Frod F350 PSD Dually with 35,000 miles in it.

Jon
Old 01-24-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with what Iggy said about the warantees. The aftermarket ones are all but worthless. They are there for the sales department to get a big commision on when they stick you with it at the time of the sale. My friend had a similar experience with Ford on a 2002 F 150, They would not repair it properly. He was just about to get it replaced under the Illinois lemmon law when they offered a real good deal on a brand new truck. That way they could put his truck on the used car lot without disclosure and shove it up someone elses ass! Which they did!
Old 01-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default AFTERMARKET WARRANTIES

Stay away! Many years ago I worked as a claim examiner for several of these companies.I was fired because I approved too many claims.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a general rule after market warranties are not worth the money unless they are an extension of the manufacturer's warranty. I still don't follow you with the problem with Ford. Your truck is still within the original warranty period. They can't just tell you sorry we can't fix it. If the dealer you are taking it to can't fix it, get in touch ford directly. Either ask the dealer for the name of the regional service rep or contact Ford through their web site. If you accept their current offer you may not have any further recourse against them. If you get an aftermarket warranty now they will not fix the problem that already exists. In my opinion your best chance of getting it fixed is with Ford.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

check out WWW.WARRANTYGOLD.COM
Old 01-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Originally posted by Quest for Speed
As a general rule after market warranties are not worth the money unless they are an extension of the manufacturer's warranty. I still don't follow you with the problem with Ford. Your truck is still within the original warranty period. They can't just tell you sorry we can't fix it. If the dealer you are taking it to can't fix it, get in touch ford directly. Either ask the dealer for the name of the regional service rep or contact Ford through their web site. If you accept their current offer you may not have any further recourse against them. If you get an aftermarket warranty now they will not fix the problem that already exists. In my opinion your best chance of getting it fixed is with Ford.
Dude I have been as far up the ladder as they will let me go. I have had the regenal rep on the phone a million times, had the service "speciallist" take it out for a drive and still not problems that they can find. They are going to leave the warrantee in place, but they are making no promisses on the tranny that is in there. They have implied that i must be abusing the truck to get the tranny to overheat by towing such large boats with it. I pointed out that my boat only weights 7500 pounds and they replied with then you must be trying to accelerate to hard. I then pointed out that they problem has never shown when towing just with nothing in town and they said well we can not duplicate the problem even though we got the code out of there. It sucks I know but I have lost my will to fight them on this. They are going to leave the warrantee in place so that is good. I just figured if I took the money that they are offering and hopefully have a sort of back up plan that I would be better off. This offer that they are making is actually more then by law they need to offer so I guess I am lucky in that respect. I hate the idea of hireing a lawer and having to deal with this thing for years. I just want it to run ok and get it either fixed or replaced. So those are the options that I am looking at.

Jon

Quick Reply: After Market Truck Warrantee's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.