Feb. 2004 South Beach OCEAN RACE !!! >

Feb. 2004 South Beach OCEAN RACE !!!

Notices

Feb. 2004 South Beach OCEAN RACE !!!

Old 01-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Guys,

I hope you guys up North are not freezing your ( cojones ) to bad. It is 70 degrees now after the cold front that came through this week here in Miami.

I want to say thanks for all your support and ideas and we hope to make this happen and be a first class race event.

For all the racers that attend the race and spectators I will set up the party of all partys after the race for a farewell to all of you going back to the great white North.

P.S. Tell Randy from Typhoon I expect him here next year to.

Regards,

JO
Old 01-25-2003, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Bruce..We're aware but you can't blame us for wishing!!!!!!!!!Jo,I asked you for 20,maybe you better make it 30 if it's ok,Thanks Augie. See how nuts we get up here!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2003, 04:41 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I no longer have a boat I will give a fans $00.02. I agree with all those that stress racing closer to shore. I feel this enhances both fan and potential purchaser growth.

The spectator cruise ship is also a great idea.

They wont buy what they can't see...

This is what we wanna see and maybe convince others not only to buy, but to race..
Attached Thumbnails Feb. 2004 South Beach OCEAN RACE !!!-oso-bb.jpg  
Old 01-25-2003, 07:30 PM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

Joe:

WOW!!!! I love your idea of racing on the weekend of the Miami Boat Show.
Are you going to be at the Miami Show this year??? If you are will talk more.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:39 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

I don't think you should be so concerned with the spectator aspect. There are plenty of races setup for the spectator but this would or could be setup for the racers. That in itself would bring in the more serious race/motorsport fan by knowing the they are not coming to see a dog and pony show. As I've said numerous times before, the most anticipated and covered race on the west coast is the Catalina Ski Race out of Long Beach California and the spectator only sees the start and finish. I think the attraction is knowing how serious the racers are(and there's some cool equipment on display). Running past a 2 mile stretch in front of the beach a few times would be more than enough for the spectator.

G
Old 01-27-2003, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

T T T
Old 01-27-2003, 08:58 AM
Gold Member

JO, JUST AWESOME!!! BEING A LOCAL GIVES ME MORE POWER TO GO OUT AND RACE.I`M HERE TO HELP IN ANYWAY JO AND I WILL BE JOINING YOUR CLUB.I`LL STOP IN AND GET THE APPLICATION FOR THE CLUB.GOOD LUCK TO YOU JO, THIS WILL BE THE BIGGEST OFFSHORE EVENT IN EVER MIAMI,SO DONT WORRY YOU WILL HAVE ALL THE SUPPORT YOU NEED.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

T T T
Old 01-29-2003, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Augie,

Your 30 applications for OPBRA are on the way to you this morning.

Stay in touch,

JO
Old 01-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Registered

Hey Jo I'm in, sounds like a great plan also all the charter and gambling boats can sell tickets and line the coarse if you can get speedvision to film and show on jumbotrons at south beach and closed circuit to the gambling boats would be hot. If you build it they will come.
Just hope APBA and SBI don't get jealous and use their clout to keep speedvision away or try to upstage you guys, a colabarate venture would be great for the sport, make sure scheduals don't conflict

Hugh

Quick Reply: Feb. 2004 South Beach OCEAN RACE !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.