Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Smith Mountain Lake Virginia >

Smith Mountain Lake Virginia

Notices

Smith Mountain Lake Virginia

Old 01-27-2003, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Irish Pub is Sargent Pepers and it sucks!!

The best palce is Port Side!! Thats the marina where the Virginia Dare dinner cruze are from. Port side bar is the cove north of the state park on the Roanoke river.

We had a few poker run boats to stay at the bar last year, thought the bar was more fun than the Poker Run.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary C,

SML is a great lake, it is the prettiest lake in VA. I second what everyone is saying on this thread. As for navigation at night, it is allot better now, a few years ago my brother totaled a boat at night, allong with two other boats in same area that summer. I guess the lake figured after 3 accidents on the same turn, in one summer it was time for new markers????

Anyway, as for hanging out at the Cliffs on Blackwater it is a great time. Most the people at the lake are friendly, just watch out for the game wardens they like to check everyone.

Will
Old 01-28-2003, 12:30 PM

Engreps,

How often do you go to Portside?? What boat are you usually in, your profile didn't have much info???

Will
Old 01-28-2003, 04:22 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I prefer John H. Kerr Reservoir down in south central VA. Much larger and much more pristine...
Old 01-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Registered

Fountain 27

We were running the Prototype 28' modified 502 Chevy.

We are curently looking, don't know which way I will go.
Wating on this stupid economy to streighten out.

We usually go to Portside most every night on the weekends, Sunday afternoon is usually the best.
We could be in anything from a pontoon to a couple types of v bottoms. The Bridge club had some great bands this past summer on Saturday night.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:38 PM

Engreps,

I have seen your boat before, it has "Prototype" in green on it right? We are usually in my brother and my 27 Fountain, name on back is "Sangria"

Although many times I am in friends boats, also if you see a helecopter around the lake it is my family also, my cousins have three of them and fly them to the lake all summer.

I heard Tim Arrington (spelling) purchased a new boat, 30 Eliminator cat w/ 500s, guess he will have the fastest boat this summer??

As for bands at the bridge, I really only made it a point to see "The Works" and a few others. I usually have so many friends with me that we can' take the Fountain, and the pontoon is very slow. So we just drink and party on my Dad's beach.

Will

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 01-29-2003 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Registered

27 Fountain
My Boat was white and blue and yellow with purple lettering. We are down on the good side of the lake. I am a pilot and a number of my friends fly helicopters to the lake. I read the old thread about last years poke run and I know wher your fathers place is. A lot of the locals call it Wally World because of the Teki Hut and the water trike. We hang out a lot across the cove from your fathers at the B26 marker Twin Chimneys.

Our Place is in Pen Hook. Where the party people usually are hung over!!

Hey are you going to the Miami boat show?

I have an industrial show the week before and was planning on staying over for the boat show.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:12 PM

Engreps

I will most likely be at the Miami Show, and yes Dads house is "Wally World" my friend Marshall Prilliman gave it that name back about 1990, it just stuck. My cousins are Lee, Dana, and Leslie Hussey, maybe you know them? I know what you mean by "good side of the lake" all we have are old retired yankees moving in around us. They want to put all these restrictions in our neighborhood, I mean damn if you don't like it the way it is don't move here Also if the developers actually figure out a way to keep people off the Cliffs, their will be really no reason to go up Blackwater

I think we might look at buying property at Lake Murray SC, it is a fun party lake and very undeveloped, reminds me of SML back in the 1980's Also since I am in FL for now might look at buying property here also.

Will
Old 01-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Registered

27 Fountain

Well I should know you, we party with Marshall and have been knowing all the Husseys for ever. We are in the Pen Hook cove.

Will be in Miami on the 11 12 13 14 15 and 16 I have an electronics show there before the boat show.

Catch you for drinks there.
You pick the plcace.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default SML Poker Run

Does anyone know if there is room for more boats in this years run? It sounds like it would be worth the 3-4 hour tow.

Thanks, Craig

Quick Reply: Smith Mountain Lake Virginia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.