Notices

Thanks to the Stones

Old 01-26-2003, 03:22 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Thanks to the Stones

On behalf of all of us "Obsolete" guys, I would like to personally thank Mick, Keith and the rest of those amazing baby boomer Stones for tearing the house down on HBO and proving that....

Rock and Roll never forgets.............and

old boat racers never die...............

Personal to Steve David:

Now if we could just get "Busta Rhymes" away from the control panel..................... Whatever happened to Vanilla Ice anyway?

T2x
Old 01-26-2003, 04:41 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Thanks to the Stones

Originally posted by T2x

old boat racers never die...............

Whatever happened to Vanilla Ice anyway?

T2x
Yep, Stones. Don't come around like them anymore.

I think Vanilla Ice and Michael Jackson got mixed up somewhere. But what do I know, I'm just a young snot nosed punk!
Old 01-26-2003, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always been a big Stones fan. I saw them at Tampa Stadium around 1990. I personally believe that Keith Richards has been dead since around 1970, and nobody told him. It's a weekend at Bernies sort of scenario.

Here is another of us obsolete guys bands. I ran across this a few days ago going through some old scrapbooks.
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Moved into the Bham Show today .Have an old homemade cassette tape(yes,casette) that I made to play while moving into the same show 32 years ago.Bo Diddley,Rod Stewart, Stones,Marshall Tucker, John Cougar(before Mellencamp) etc. The Hummer I borrowed had a cassette player. It was sweet, no good songs have been recorded since the early 70's. As they said in The Big Chill movie"name one".
Old 01-26-2003, 05:35 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Just saw them before the game started on HBO! They ARE still great. They were here last night and friends that went loved it and the paper gave great review. You know, considering their age and everything that they have done and been through they LOOK REAL GOOD!! nWe all should hope to be that way when we hit those numbers!!!!
Old 01-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Registered

You guys had all of the really good bands back then. Today there are only a few bands that wil stand the test of time.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

The Stones still rock! I like watching a show like that in the comfort of my own home too. I've seen them and many others live but I've grown to hate crowds. I spent more time on the beer and the bathroom lines than I did watching the show! Not to mention the price of tickets these days.

One more thing ... I think Sheryl Crow is pretty HOT!

Dave M.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:43 PM
Tom
Registered

Originally posted by little princess
You guys had all of the really good bands back then. Today there are only a few bands that wil stand the test of time.
It would be interesting to hear what today bands do you think will stand the test of time? What kind of music do they play and what should we listen to?
Old 01-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I still have an original copy of 'December's Children' laying around here somewhere..... I believe it's mono.......

The new bands and their music of today just don't quite cut it. I just can't think of any that will stand the test of time. Most of it relies too heavily on a subwoofer in a Honda Civic.
Old 01-26-2003, 09:26 PM
JnT
Registered

If you've got it flaunt it........If you don't then pretend. The Stones obviously have it cause you can't pretend this long.My 2 cents.Jim

Quick Reply: Thanks to the Stones

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.