Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SE florida Boating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42027-se-florida-boating.html)

Tim G. 01-27-2003 01:33 PM

SE florida Boating

I'm fairly new to S. Florida. I'm looking for some fellow performance oriented boaters to run with.
We're in a great area, but I'm having a hard time finding some compadres that don't get scared when we leave the No Wake zone.
I put in in Delray Beach and run from Palm Beach down into Miami, and the Keys.
Anyone, Anyone?

Horseplay 01-27-2003 01:44 PM

Check out the Florida Powerboat Club. They have runs almost monthly. They are based in Ft Lauderdale at everglades marina. Good way to meet like minded individuals.
www.flpowerboat.com

puder 01-27-2003 11:36 PM

drop me an e-mail i'm goign to be in lauderdale/miami for the boat show. I'd love to get a ride in a fast boat :D

Pantera24 01-28-2003 06:52 AM

Hey Tim,

I usually hang out down in South Biscayne Bay at Elliot Key during the summer. Don't worry I think we will be getting a few more Pantera brotheren in the upcoming future in the South Fla. area.

On this board I know we have

"MYPANTERA", "PANTERALOVER" and "GARYMMM" that reside in So.Fla.

Also, I sent Jo my application today for "OPBRA". You should consider joining they have some good ideas and are looking for new members.

audacity 01-28-2003 07:14 AM

we are A LWAYS down there!...going back this weekend to key largo...i have to go for a sea test....so we'll be out and about...my guess is burn some fuel and hang out at the sand bar.

Jayl13 01-28-2003 08:31 AM

Actually im working with a head hunter right now and trying to square away a new job in Boca myself
This company pays relocation and all but can someone tell me where is a good place to live down there in this area?
A house with its own dock leading out to water?
Can anyone help me on this ?
Thanks
Jason

CigDaze 01-28-2003 08:38 AM

Jay,
Saltwater access in S. Fl?......Get ready to shell out some major cash. :)

Glad to see that you're really persuing that move to FL. I hope all goes well for ya.

Jayl13 01-28-2003 08:43 AM

your the one that said there is no shortage of waterfront access down here
Friend said they do 50 yr mortgages in Fla is this true?
if so I can get more house wiht the low rates these days would not be too bad,
nothing that leads out to intercoastal or something?
Or should I just bend over and leave my baby at a marina?
What do you guys do down there in this area?
Jason

CigDaze 01-28-2003 08:51 AM

Don't get me wrong, there is no shortage of available waterfront, just big bucks! :)
I don't know anything about the 50 yr deal? I haven't heard that. It's almost excessive, I think.

Jayl13 01-28-2003 08:52 AM

what is a good area to look in around these parts?
maybe LAKE front or something?
would like a nice house ya know?
anyone?
or a good website to check out?
Jason