Notices

Scarab 26 was that you??

Old 01-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jr,
I forgot you where an Icem guy. How come your not trying to get into Ford ? Do you know anyone over there ? I could make some phone calls. They don't have enough people in there as it is. I know a few real heavies that are there.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't that always the case........ Bring back those good 'ole jobbie days in the 80's!!!!!!!!! I moved comanies for less than a buck an hour, I remember all the really good surface guys(heavies) having all the chicks, the toys, all of it, great role models ....... Man I wish it were still that way........ Oh well.................. We are still busy on all the new automotive crash-worthiness mandates that need to met ( exeeded) for the next few years!! 12 yr's direct at Chrysler and a bunch o' time used up (wasted) before that. Retirement is a long way off!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Registered

Damn Bill, its been 12 years since you became direct? Guess it was just after I start at Creative for Chrysler. I'm 5 jobs later and only have 3 years in at GM, guess I have played that game as a whore!

-Tom
Old 01-29-2003, 12:18 PM
Registered

WWWWAAAAAAZZZZZBBBBIIIIIIIII What up Tom? Yeah can you believe it ! I thought I would never have 'settled' but it's pretty good actually!!!!!!!!! I miss my jobbie 'scum' days though !!!!!!!!!!!!! That 's what boats were for then, takin' all the hotties out, being (in a jersey accent) "somebody" Life is good !!!!!! Party On

Last edited by Jolley; 01-29-2003 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Registered

The problem now is most of the companies are run by the bean counters and they are paying for tube jockey's that don't have a clue what designing is or they are sending things overseas to the Indians. How can someone that doesn't even own a car design and interior ?!?!
When I was in Dearborn I was a stones throw away from the studio and couldn't get answers from them much less a continent away.
Hopefully this is one big cycle and things will turn around. I would hate to change careers , I truly enjoy this one an the pay is great !
Old 01-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Registered

Hey, just trying to be a responsible engineer to GM and a husband (11th anniversary coming up) and a Dad to the two boys. If I didn't have the Sunsation to have something of a wild streak in me, then I think I would loose my mind!
Old 01-29-2003, 12:30 PM
Registered

Copy that Brother! I've been rippin around Cass Lk. on the sled just about everyday to fill the outdoor speed need!!!! Gotta do it or you'll go crazy
Old 01-29-2003, 12:33 PM
jr

Chuck, they're only looking for Jobbies at Ford. Also since I belong to the red headed step child of Visteon, I would go back with out my seinority, and some of the bennies that went with me to Visteon. They changed the new hire rules to help stop the flood of us Visteon guys from going back over. I've been direct for 9 years and was a jobbie for 3, so in my group there is one guy above me. It kinda nice to have some of that security when the layoffs come around. Which they will again since only about 300 of the 1200 people took the special earlies offered in December. Good I love this business. If I was still contract I wouldn't have much to loose but now I get to retire at 55 and 30 years. I'll be sittin back watching my wife go to work for another 7 years or so. THEN I might get out on the boat abit.

Old 01-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Registered

Cool Jr, Thats how I see it, hopefully I can stick it out !!! Chuck so far CATIA V5 is just starting around here. I have it loaded on my tube, but I really don't know how to use it yet? Online training available so I'll have to cut back on OSO abit to learn. Sounds really powerfull and it can be loaded on a laptop, imagine working from the lake and e-mailing the 3d model and markup! Talk about cottage industry WooHoo!!!

Last edited by Jolley; 01-29-2003 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:52 PM
Registered

Your right ,
it would be as a "jobbie". Although those "A" surf guys have a little more security than us Ideas guys. I remember the day's were I could change my own class "A" when I was on Pdgs. Now my hands are tied because of you ICEM guys !!

Quick Reply: Scarab 26 was that you??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.