Didn't watch/Don't care
13.74%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: State Of The Union Address

Old 01-29-2003, 02:36 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Puder Show me where I called you a LIB. Feeling guilty about something I live in Fla. you better bring more firearms than that with you. Some people down here carry more than that in thier cars. I glad to see a 20 something that knows more than who the top 20 Rapper is.
Dirty Hippie and proud of it. What a strange long trip it's been
Old 01-29-2003, 06:18 AM
Offshore Addiction

It was alright I guess,till I fell asleep,still looked like a bunch of over payed people w/great jobs and benefits and of course over fifty,gettin paid!Tax cuts would be nice......but do they really have to worry about us,are we really that important to them right now,I thought elections were over!I know I'm like alot of yall,I own a small business,I have yet to benefit from anything or any of there promises.......when I see something from the president cross my desk as far as tax breaks and helping small business create more jobs,then I might get a little more excited!........

Old 01-29-2003, 06:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel it was good,to the point!!!!
Old 01-29-2003, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big waste.

No tax on dividends is obvious payback to high dollar campaign supporters, most people have less than $100 in dividend income. No tax on ANY interest income would help a lot more people.

Hydrogen fuel initiative is stupid. Hydrogen is NOT a primary fuel, just a portable secondary fuel. Better to spend the money funding petrolium fuel cell development.

Much talk about medicare, but no substance.

War still just opinions, no facts.

my $0.02 (woth only slightly more than his speach)
Old 01-29-2003, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I liked the SOTU address. I thought it was well layed out, thoughtful and meaningful.

Lots of great ideas, but I doubt that even a small fraction will make it into existance.

One gripe I have is that I couldn't believe how lazy the Dems were(or is there another reason ). Those silly bastards couldn't even get out of their seats half the time.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:45 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Lot of promisses that I am not sure that he can deliver. If he does then the proposed tax cut would be great. I mean in the example that was used a family with a income of 44,000 would have a taxable income of 44 bucks down from 1400 bucks. That is fairly significant. The magiage penalty that is totally bogus going away is also a good thing. The idea of war with Iraq being a good idea he has not swayed me on and I am still seeing both sides, however I DO understand and trust that they have MUCH more info then we do. I hope that they are not just "jumping into this war" I think that they so far have shown a lot of restraint in not going to war yet.

Jon
Old 01-29-2003, 07:58 AM
Registered

To Much Clapping, He Would Say 10 Words Then Everyone Would Stand And Clap......... He Could Have Said Every Thing In 20 Minute.... But That Means There Was 40 Minute Of Clapping...............
Old 01-29-2003, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was informative...however I guess I was looking for the points he would propose to decrease the unemployment rate. For instance, Allowing foreign countries to purchase US companies for the sole purpose of closing them down, hence eliminating their competition....If you can't beat them buy them. This is a frequent occurance in the US and it just never has set right with me. Just my .02. I really would like to see something done to decreased the unemployment rate. I own my own company so it is not personally effecting me but I do see many freinds, clients and accquaintences being effected by our current economic conditions and I am saddend by the effects that this has had on them and of course their families. Again just my .02
Old 01-29-2003, 08:09 AM
25 Eagle

Someone should have given this speech the last time we had lines at the pump. Hydrogen fuel is the future and we need it now to got away from those a-holes in the middle east. That is the only reason we are even over there, besides the Jews. Here's a few stocks to watch FCEL BLDP PLUG

Old 01-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

I give the speech a B+, As for the Tax cut, I would love to have some of MY MONEY Back!

Quick Reply: Poll: State Of The Union Address

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.