Notices

Boycott Ben and Jerry's

Old 01-29-2003, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boycott Ben and Jerry's

Did you see Susan Sarandon's commercial?

Ben Cohen - Owner of Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream (boycott Ben & Jerry's please) Funded Susan Saradon in this commercial where she asks:

"Before our kids start coming home from Iraq in bodybags and women children start dying in Bagdad, I need to know, what did Iraq do to us "

Are you kidding me? READ A BOOK, or watch the History channel if you are too lazy. Somebody smack her out of the land of make pretend please!

Let's not forget her antics when she protested the imprisonment of a convicted cop killer in Philadelphia. This man Mumia executed a cop in the middle of a city street by shooting him point blank in the head, and she and her movie star freeks rallied for his freedom.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for anyone who dislikes this country and it's policies, by all means, please move one of these great countries you chose to side with.

That goes for all you "fighting for cause of the week" celebrities.

People who abuse their celebrity status and money to create dissent in our country should be treated as terrorists and charged with treason and whatever other crime we can think of to throw them in jail for the rest of their lives.

After hearing about that ad last night, I certainly will never purcahse another drop of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

this **** really makes me mad...
Old 01-29-2003, 11:01 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Unfortunately more Hollywood drivel. Baldwin, Sheen, Sarandon, etc, etc, etc. They complain and boycott the very things that have elevated them to the status they are. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. It is one thing to disagree, but another to blatantly defy and disrespect a country that has given one so much. Let them move to Iraq. Sorry, couldn't help myself. I just think it is disgusting the way some celebrities can misconstrue events to strenghten ones own personal agenda.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:05 AM
RickerTX

Well, for one thing Ms. Sarandon, Iraqis are not allowed to view your movies(ie no freedom). Hello, they are constantly being abused by that freekin dictator!!

Where has she been?

Old 01-29-2003, 11:15 AM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

I wonder if Sarandon saw what Saddam did to the Kurds in the north? Perhaps then she would appreciate the capabilities of Iraq to not only take similar action against the US but to sell this capabiliy to a third party terrorist who may make a visit to her sheltered Hollywood enclave.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 01-29-2003, 11:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Wasn't it one of the Baldwins that said he was going to move out of the country if Bush was elected? Why is he still here?
Old 01-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Dave, it was Alec Baldwin that made that remark. After the election many people offered to buy the plane ticket for him. Unfortunatley, they called his bluff and he folded. Guess he realized it's really not that bad of a country after all.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Damn celebrities forget just how good they have it here in this country

You gotta love Travolta going over to Iraq for a few photo-ops, then becoming all dismayed after he feels that he was "misrepresented and betrayed" by the Iraqi's after he left. Friggin' emptyheader! After "Battlefield Earth", he deserves a few months in one of Saddam's prisons.

And hell yeah I'm boycotting Ben & Jerry's. That ice cream is way over-rated anyway.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Boycott Ben and Jerry's

[QUOTE]Originally posted by at100plus

"Before our kids start coming home from Iraq in bodybags and women children start dying in Bagdad, I need to know, what did Iraq do to us "

Same thing Hitler did to us...nothing....did that make WWII wrong?
Oh he declared war on us after 12/7 because of the axis alliance.

I guess if there is going to be an attack on the US to make us move, I sure hope it is in Hollywood California
Old 01-29-2003, 01:23 PM
Registered

I have no problem boycotting Ben & Jerry's. What about the hollywood idiots themselves? I agree that everyone has a right to their opinion but come on, you or I can't get major news coverage or a prime time commercial to express our views. When will the media stop giving these idiots a disproportionate voice? They are famous for acting, not their incredibly perceptual knowledge of world events. I love how hollywood always rallies to help fight AIDS and two seconds later jumps all over animal testing. Hey Morons, how do you think the scientists are fighting AIDS? I have not gone to a movie theater in years, I do not plan on starting anytime soon.

Quick Reply: Boycott Ben and Jerry's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.