Notices

OT: Mariah boats

Old 07-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of this has already been stated, but let me add to it

I looked at them in 98. They were sold in St Louis at St Charles Boat and Motor. A couple of years later GRC/GRB/Inland or whoever they were at the time picked them up at LOTO. They carried them for a few months only and then Big Thunder Picked them up at LOTO. The first dealer talked badly about the boat but I have to consider all things before accepting that conclusion. I was a little surprised that Big Thunder took on the boat however.

Then, at the winter 2002 boat show I talked to the Challenger guys and they told be that they bought the molds and were going to correct some structural deficiencies with the stringer system.

And, now Big Thunder is located where St Charles Boat and Motor was, where Mariah was originally sold, in the St Louis region.

I guess however, that the best test would be some real life use of the newer boats. Sorry, I dont have that, maybe a call to Big Thunder to see if they still carry the ChallengerMariahs or if they are just clearing out the old.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OT: Mariah boats

Originally posted by lotoparty
not really a performance boat but they look kinda cool.

anyone ever owned one or know much about them?
Hey Steve,
Mickey and Christine had 2. Ask them about them.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Buddy has one. Bought it because of the lifetime warranty on the hull. LOL Doesn't do much good now. He has cracks in Gel Coat. New owners won't warranty the product either.

Other than that he likes the boat.

Buck
Old 07-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A guy near me bought one in the mid 90's. Major hull cracks after one year. Warranty covered it, no more cracks for two years. Traded that one in on a new, larger model, that one cracked soon after purchase. Company fixed that one too.

Bottom line,,,,,,,,,,,warranty coverage appeared to be very good. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't care how good the warranty is - I don't want the only thing between me and the deep blue sea cracking!!!!! Ever!!!!!

Steer clear until the track record is better. Let someone else test drive those things.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:24 PM
Boating Fool

Mariahs were being built right down the road from me in Benton, IL. When they went out of business, of course it was closed and I don't think it was reopened.

I have always heard of problems with the hulls warping on them.