Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by surfacetension
"A class of people"
and some people with class......
Old 02-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Wild Horses

Originally posted by harbormaster
Hey surface Tension,

The Donzi Registry IS NOT EVEN DONZI'S WEBSITE!

Nothing tickles me more than to read someone's long ramblings when they have no idea what is going on.

I deleted not the thread but the "Ask Donzi Marine" entire forum. I was hoping that it would provide a vehicle for Donzi owners to communicate with Donzi Marine in an open forum. In a perfect world this would have worked.

It DID NOT work for two reasons:

1) Donzi did not provide answers to members' queries.

2)There was a class of people who were voicing their uninformed opinions and turning it into a mob scene. THEY WERE NOT EVEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH DONZI MARINE!
The entire forum served no constructive purpose.

Until you have operated a forum like Offshore only or The Donzi Registry on a daily basis, then perhaps you should reserve judgement.

Thankyou For your consideration
Scot VanAlstine
The Donzi Registry
www.donzi.net
Seems the perfect way to start off on OSO to me Welcome aboard

Old 02-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Registered

Default Check his profile...

A quick look at the Harbormasters profile should tell you that he's been around for awhile .....
Old 02-05-2003, 02:18 PM
jb
Registered

Thanks for checking in Harbormaster...love the donzi.net site!
Old 02-05-2003, 02:28 PM
Registered

Frequent it often myself....it's a great site for Donzi Owners and Others for that matter...even though i couldn't go to the Donzi Owners gathering in Sarasota last year.... sounded like a blast...

Surface Tension...I have no real world exp with Donzi but they do have quite a loyal following..which does mean something...although so did Jim Jones...just do your homework and make the choice that's right for you ...
Old 02-05-2003, 02:47 PM
Registered

Im going to defend Donzi.net. It is where Ive learned quite a bit about smaller boats. Theres tons of info on Proping the boat right, gear ratios, aftermarket goodies, etc. The other members there would always quickly answer any question I had. In no way am I going to compare OSO to The Classic Donzi Registry.

Originally posted by NASTY HABIT
Surface Tension...I have no real world exp with Donzi but they do have quite a loyal following..which does mean something...although so did Jim Jones...just do your homework and make the choice that's right for you ...
for the loyal fan following-
Quality is one reason. Not sure about the quality on some of the boats now, but there are people who have gotten their boats in pretty quickly. I had the honor of riding in a 22 Classic over the summer, and at 60 it was more stable than our Baja (which has a centerline of 21' 8") at 45(wot).
Old 02-05-2003, 05:38 PM
Registered

I am one of the people who started posting my problems on the ask Donzi Marine section. The only reason I turned to that forum was due to a lack of response from Donzi Customer Service. I have purchased three Donzi's including my 2001 33ZX in the last four years and I was ignored when it came to warranty work. I love my boat, I just wanted it fixed so I could put it away for the winter. It took me over 11 weeks, calls daily, "bashing" on the Donzi classic registry and an extreem effort to get Donzi to stand up and authorize service, that is simply unacceptable. My dealer is still waiting for Donzi to ship them a defective shelf in my cuddy over 15 weeks later. I paid a preium to buy this boat and I am being treated like I bought a used Bayliner. I know of two other people who have had a similar problem in the recent past, in fact one still has not received authorization to have his warranty issues fixed. I could go on and on but I think you get the just of the story. I have been considering a 38ZX but I have put that on hold until I get some committment that their warranty practice has changed. Rick
Old 02-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Registered

Thanks for the kinds from you guys,

I do not get over here as often as I would like.

Rick,
The Ask Donzi Marine section was for New Donzi owners like you.

You had valid gripes that were not being addresses. If you had spent the same chunck of change that you spent on that boat, the auto dealer would have been kissing your butt.

I really thought that it could help folks with situations like yours but found out otherwise.

Good luck on your quest for satisfaction.

Cheers everyone
Scot - Harbormaster
The Donzi Registry
www.donzi.net
Old 02-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Registered

By the way surface tension,
I have no problem with hearing both sides.
I allowed the factory's side and the owners' sides.

How about the people with no warranty problems who did not own a new boat...

What side do they fit on? I saw no constructive purpose to their posts in this area. This was not the charter of this section. I asked nicely for them to hold their comments, but some folks refused.

It was a difficult thing to do (deleting the post). I got tired of all there hassles and pulled the plug, simple as that. No hidden agenda's etc.

By the way I do appreciate the kind words you said about the website. It is definetely a labor of love.

Scot
Old 02-05-2003, 08:23 PM
donzirat

Surface, you must like the donzi line if you fequent the site.. I have owned my donzi for 4 years & when purchased I had some gel coat problems that my dealer took care of with donzi supplying the product to due the repairs. it is your dealer's responsiblity to take care of you & donzi. not the factory. you don't buy a ford & recieve repairs from the factory. by the way, I feel that untill you have owned one you have probably have no idea what one might be worth. I am totaly happy with mine & consider it the best boat I've ever owned.

the rat..

Quick Reply: Donzi What,s going on?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.