OL 37' is gonna be the boat.... >

OL 37' is gonna be the boat....

Notices

OL 37' is gonna be the boat....

Old 02-06-2003, 11:41 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok he has some boating experience. I was under the impression this was his first boat. Seeing as he has some experience he'll probably be alright.

you know if he's interested in a sunseeker he shodul head to the miami show. Stop by sunseeker and ask for me.

we'll take care of him.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:02 AM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MIGHT LOOK AT B-MAX'S. BRAVO'S MAY NOT HOLD UP WITH A NEW BOAT OWNER.REMEMBER I OWN A 37 OL WITH TRIPS.HE CAN CALL ME IF HE NEEDS ANY QUESTIONS ANWSERED FROM A OWNER NOT A DEALER. I FEEL OL"S ARE THE REAL DEAL IF YOU CAN SWING THE COST. RON BENDER 216-390-1330

Last edited by WILDTHING TAZ; 02-07-2003 at 05:05 AM.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Make sure he takes his time learning the boat!!!!!!!

a few years back a buddy of mine bought a brand new 32 sunsation - he was used to running a little 18 ski boat (inboard/rudder....) The first day he gets it in the water me and the girlfreind are in the boat with him. I asked him if he'd put the boat through it's paces yet (turning at speeds, adjusting trim etc...) he's driving - my girlfreind is in the other bolster and i'm standing between the bolsters - he decides to crank the wheel hard left - (at about 50mph) - the boat hooks and I'm almost ejected - I slam into him against the gunwale. he notices in the process I dropped my beer and it is spilling out on his new cockpit carpet and leans down to get the beer. WE ARE STILL RUNNING AT 50 AND HEADING FOR A CONCRETE PIER ABOUT 200 YARDS AWAY. I grab the sticks and crank the wheel(standing over top of him while he handles the critical part of the spilled beer). after that he let me take the wheel for awhile and see what the boat could do - and teach him a little about how a performance boat differs from a ski boat.

So again - make sure he doesn't just go out and slam the sticks-
if he wants to do that let him go out alone and take out a large life insurance policy on him!!!

BTW - the OL is a nice boat - and good luck to you in your search.

bouy
Old 02-07-2003, 08:38 AM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=42573

look at this one!
Old 02-07-2003, 09:22 AM
O-Limit37

Just because you own a Ferrari, doesn't mean you will drive it 200mph on the highway. Give the guy a chance.

If your boss has an ounce of common sense, he'll be fine. If he's a daredevil lunatic, then I'd have some concern for the safety of himself and others. On that note, wasn't there a guy from California last summer (around the time of the DSM Poker Run) who was driving his OL with big power for the first time and got into a little trouble from inexperience? Remember common sense is key.

The OL with 575's handles extremely well. However, he should put in a lot of hours of practice to become "one with the boat" before zipping along at top speed in the 90's. At that speed, you must react quickly based on your instincts and experiences. Plus it always helps to have a co-pilot on board for an extra set of eyes.
If he's willing to spend that kind of money, he should go for #6's, they're more dependable than Bravos. Even with 575's, there's a good chance that he'll blow a few drives.
OL37

Old 02-07-2003, 09:43 AM
Registered

bouyhunter,
After that experience, I'm surprise he was cleaning more than beer out of that soiled carpet!!! Great job w/ the reactions!

Old 02-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Registered

What is the weight of the 37 OL? I am not sure if he will blow alot of bravo xr drives with 575's. If he does have any thoughts about upgrading to bigger power(which he probably does) spend the money for the 6's and be done with it.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default T

Thanks aqua
scary experience - but I did have some fun running that boat out in Lake Erie - 2-3' chop, was able to catch some air a few times. the girlfriend/wife said she would never ride in that boat again if he was driving.

the funny thing is... he didn't even realize what happened - he was too worried about the cockpit liner, so his draws stayed clean, it was me and Mrs. Bouyhunter cleaning our shorts

I guess the point of this whole thread is that you should be educated before you throw the sticks to the wall - I know this has become off the topic of the 37OL, but we all love boating and the other people that love boating - doesn't matter if it's a cabin cruiser or a fountain (and we also don't consider PWC's, Blowboats, or Bayliners "real boats").

We all just need to remember to BE SAFE!!!

I hope he takes his time learning that boat - it's gonna run a little different than a large fishing boat.

and you don't have to run a ferrari 200 mph - but you also buy it because you can - and at some point you will try it. just to see if it really will - hopefully you are "one with the machine" when you try it.

Old 02-07-2003, 10:41 AM
Registered

Default shakin'

Has he shopped around?
Attached Thumbnails OL 37' is gonna be the boat....-boar1.jpg  
Old 02-07-2003, 06:41 PM
O-Limit37

thunderdan,
depending on options, the OL 37 weighs approximately 10,000 lbs.
I agree, go for #6's and do it right the first time. We've blown several Bravo XR's with 500's and 575's.

Quick Reply: OL 37' is gonna be the boat....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.