Prayers For Fellow OSO Member >

Prayers For Fellow OSO Member

Notices

Prayers For Fellow OSO Member

Old 02-07-2003, 02:29 PM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never met Mike C. in person, but we have chatted on various boat boards starting about 4 or 5 years ago. Lost touch over the past couple of years, but was happy to hear he was busy at work, inspecting on the APBA circuit.

So to Mike C. and "Scarallama" --

Hang in there Mike! As Intolerant said earlier..miracles DO happen!

I am a believer too. - Remember that you have a great family here on OSO and your "Llama relatives" are keeping vigil too . We're all praying for you and want you back healthy and strong.

fondly,
BK and Kasseri
Old 02-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Wardey
Just spoke with Miklos on the phone and Mike is banged up pretty bad.....Steve thinks he is in St. Joeseph's Hospital in Tampa.Dave Warden
Wardey, That is correct. He is at St Josephs over next to the stadium. I picked his personal stuff up from the Carrollwood Fire Station this morning. He had a full face Arai helmet, kevlar jacket, Sidi riding boots, and kevlar gloves. Thank god for the quality of his equipment or he would no longer be with us. The only things that were missing were his wedding ring and his wallet. I'm sure the wedding ring was cut off of his hand and is probably laying in the middle of Dale Mabry Hwy. His wallet is a mystery. I have not seen his bike yet but the police officer told me it was toast.

I tried to call Lisa at lunch time to let her know I had picked up Mikes stuff and all I got was voicemail. I will try again shortly and keep everybody updated.

Mike
Old 02-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

Big Mike - Tell Lisa if she or the family needs anything to let us know. Our prayers are with them. Dave Warden
Old 02-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

Just spoke to Lisa. She said Mike is out of surgery now and is in the intensive care unit. The doctors seem to think that his leg is doing o.k. but have told us that every hour he survives is a major hurdle. He went into cardiac arrest twice today on the operating table but was revived. C'mon Mikey. Dig deep brother.

Mike
Old 02-07-2003, 05:55 PM
Registered

Yeah, I would also like to send a card. Hope it all heals ok, and as quickly and painfull-less way possible.

Tommy
Old 02-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

If someone will post an address i will also send a card.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:43 PM
BK
Registered

I just got verification of exactly where Mike C. was and talked to his nurse, Vivian. She says right now he can receive cards at:

St Josephs Hospital
ICU - c/o Mike Carter
2929 W. Dr. M L King, Jr Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607

We're pushing for you to get well, Mike!
Old 02-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Registered

If anyone has a suggestion of something to bring to the Hospital, I am in the area and can help out. Sometimes the best healer is the support from friends that come forward and remind those in an unfortunate situation of the support and strength from friends. Hopefully soon Mike can look back at this event as just a bad day.

Last edited by Andy Buzz; 02-07-2003 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink OSO Buzz...........

Mike is a great fan of OSO and I know that he would find some joy that we are wishing him well on here. Andy - Big Mike - let Carter know we're talking trash about him on here . CARTER GET WELL SOON AND I'M COMING TO SEE YOUR ASS SOON - Hollis
Old 02-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Registered

May God bless you mike with a speedy recovery.
Hang in there.
May God bless the family also.

Jaye

Quick Reply: Prayers For Fellow OSO Member

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.