Notices

Newbie/ looking for bolsters?

Old 02-10-2003, 02:51 PM
SuperV

kohldog - True dat!

Old 02-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will take some pics.Side by side I need two singles.If you want to get down to it I need my custom seat for me and the outher does not have to drop out or change as on my toy boat you step out of the bolster and move forward 2 feet from the seat and grab hold of the grab bar on the dash to ride the ride. Owell I can dream James

Last edited by FloridianSon; 02-10-2003 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered

superV

I have a 3 man high back bolster all white with yellow piping. the seats are yellow and slide out for stand up. but with minor mods, you can make drop down. its in great shape. i spent 900 just for the upholstery work. i built them my self im my woodworking shop. it weighs about 210 pounds complete, which is really only about 100 pounds more than 2 singles. some people have expressed interest but have not committed yet. i will get you pics and dimensions asap.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:02 PM
SuperV

Thanks for all the help and info guys i will be looking for your repleys!

Old 02-10-2003, 04:49 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

SuperV

You might check with Scotties Canvas. They just built a set of double wide drop out bolsters for me. They carry a ton of leaning posts, I'm sure they can make something work for you. They did a great job for me at a very reasonable price.

Steve H
Old 02-10-2003, 05:05 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Hey, there is a guy here (a friend of mine too, we boat together) with the log in name Super V. He runs a 28 Challenger. Twin 500 hp 502's (that I helped assemble). Sucker flies!!!! His was built in the late 80's or early 90's before the ORIGINAL Challenger went out of business (they were built here in Michigan, locally for us in the West Michigan area).

Those 24's are wickid fast. Know several of them run around here (lake Michigan) and until it gets rough, they really can fly. I've not seen a 24 with stand ups though. The couple I've seen around here all have bolsters, but they don't appear to be drop outs. That would suck when it gets rough!!!

What kind of power do you have in your 24?? Where do you boat??

And Welcome from Post Whore #2. I'll never catch that Audiofn faulker.

Mike
Old 02-11-2003, 08:17 AM
SuperV

Originally posted by Waterfoul
Hey, there is a guy here (a friend of mine too, we boat together) with the log in name Super V. He runs a 28 Challenger. Twin 500 hp 502's (that I helped assemble). Sucker flies!!!! His was built in the late 80's or early 90's before the ORIGINAL Challenger went out of business (they were built here in Michigan, locally for us in the West Michigan area).

Those 24's are wickid fast. Know several of them run around here (lake Michigan) and until it gets rough, they really can fly. I've not seen a 24 with stand ups though. The couple I've seen around here all have bolsters, but they don't appear to be drop outs. That would suck when it gets rough!!!

What kind of power do you have in your 24?? Where do you boat??

And Welcome from Post Whore #2. I'll never catch that Audiofn faulker.

Mike
My boat runs a 502 mag w/ Stainlees Marine ex., And a Bravo 1 with a nose cone and beefed up gears, 26p lab finished cupped mirage III. Boat runs 75mhp, and performs well up to about 3' chop before it get alittle ruff. And it is a 1991 Challenger Aerotech as in the original! Its for sale for $19000 o.b.o. if you know anyone looking for one. Its a great boat and has never let me down...

Old 02-11-2003, 11:23 AM
SuperV

bump

Old 02-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Like I said, quick boats. Does it currently have bolsters???
Old 02-11-2003, 11:19 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

yep i tried to put a group buy together. The place was called hot pursuit marine in dania florida. I think it was dania. In any event a couple people bough them and were happy. I got pair and am happy with the, for the price you cannot beat them. The seats are pretty comfy and teh upholstery and vinyls pretty good as for teh drop out yeah tey will be alitle tough to djust while underway. But other wise they are good for the priceyou aren;tgoign to find any better. YOu can almost buy2 apirs of these for the cost of twinmarines.

search for bolsters in eth archives and ou shoul dfind the link. I'm mobile on my latop now so i don;t have the link.

Quick Reply: Newbie/ looking for bolsters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.