Notices

NEWBIE TO THE CLUB! Please read.

Old 02-26-2001, 05:09 PM
NICKSLICK

what the heck is a whipple charger?!?!?1

Old 02-26-2001, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I am sure you will be totally hooked once you do! I would highly reccommend that if you need any advice contact Sean Stinson at Dick Simon Marine. Additionally, don't rush up to really high speeds until YOU are perfectly comfortable! It takes time to learn to run a boat fast especially when it get rough! Take your time and learn the boat and individual characteristics. Each boat handles differently, especially at speed. There is nothing wrong with finding some open area of calm water where no one is around and just try different things slowly and work your way up. You will be much better off in the long run! Good luck and say HI to Gina!

Shane
Old 02-26-2001, 05:10 PM
jb
Registered

Dont get too addicted like most of us. There are some people with real problems out there. I dont mention any names!!! They know who they are. I am just glad to see another Scarab owner out there. I was beginning to wonder what happened to us all.
Old 02-26-2001, 05:15 PM
Offshore1

Nick Im sorry but I dont think its gonna happen bud. That was 880hp 20 years ago big difference between then and now. That is also a big deep v weighing quite a bit. On a gps you'll probley get readings in the mid to upper 60's.
ps. whipple charger is a supercharger
p.s.s- thats crankshaft horse power not prop shaft. Please dont shoot me !!

Old 02-26-2001, 05:18 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally posted by NICKSLICK:
the guy im buying it from says he can take it to 75+ with room to go! he claims that the engines are 440HP EACH for a total of 880hp. Should I believe him?
Dont mean to burst your buble but I dont know if i would put too much stock into those numbers! Granted you have 502's but from the looks of the pics, if they are correct, you have a restrictive exhaust with those logs. I've got a 1984 ScarabII with worked over 454's they are pushing a solid 450+HP. I havent found the right prop combo for it yet but the best I've got to date is 67MPH. It takes alot to get a heavy boat like ours to get going!
-Wally

Old 02-26-2001, 05:19 PM
NICKSLICK

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Old 02-26-2001, 05:23 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Hey Nick,

Not to worry. Just have your wife with you at all times in a bikini and no one will be the wiser.
Old 02-26-2001, 05:27 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

I find that women usually tend to get scared when the boat starts to go over 50mph. So theres not much to worry about. Its all your friends who will make you want to go faster. And the ocasional impromptu lake race against another guy! gotta love those!

-Wally
Old 02-26-2001, 05:27 PM
jb
Registered

Nick,
sounds like you are new to performance. Do yourself a favor and get someone to go out with you and teach you how to drive a performance boat. It will be much safer for you and the family(and everyone else). We as performance boaters get a bad rap as it is. Besides you will learn how do get the most of that Scarab out on the water and not in the shop.
You should expect 67 - 71 out of that boat. But that is fast so dont be fooled. Its a great riding boat and you will like it.
Old 02-26-2001, 05:39 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome to your new home
david
vagrants twins
lake norman cn

Quick Reply: NEWBIE TO THE CLUB! Please read.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.