Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43167-ot-paul-harvey-incredible-rest-story.html)

Shane 02-11-2003 04:44 PM

OT: Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story!

THIS WILL OPEN YOUR EYES.

By Paul Harvey -

Conveniently Forgotten Facts

Back in 1969 a group of Black Panthers decided that a fellow Black
Panther named...Alex Rackley needed to die. Rackley was suspected of disloyalty.

Rackley was first tied to a chair. Once safely immobilized, his
friends tortured him for hours by, among other things, pouring
boiling water on him.

When they got tired of torturing Rackley, Black Panther member,
Warren Kimbo took Rackley outside and put a bullet in his head.
Rackley's body was later found floating in a river about 25 miles
north of New Haven, Conn.

Perhaps at this point you're curious as to what happened to these Black Panthers. In 1977, that's only eight years later, only one of the killers was still in jail. The shooter, Warren Kimbro, managed to get a scholarship to Harvard, and became good friends with none other than Al Gore. He later became an assistant dean at an Eastern Connecticut State College. Isn't that something?

As a '60s radical you can pump a bullet into someone's head, and a few years later, in the same state, you can become an assistant
college dean! Only in America!

Erica Huggins was the lady who served the Panthers by boiling the water for Mr. Rackley's torture. Some years later Ms. Huggins was elected to a California School Board.

How in the world do you think these killers got off so easy? Maybe
it was in some part due to the efforts of two people who came to
the defense of the Panthers. These two people actually went so far as to shut down Yale University with demonstrations in defense of the accused Black Panthers during their trial.

One of these people was none other than Bill Lan Lee. Mr. Lee, or
Mr. Lan Lee, as the case may be, isn't a college dean. He isn't a
member of a California School Board. He is now head of the US
Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, appointed by none other
than Bill Clinton.

O.K., so who was the other Panther defender?

Is this other notable Panther defender now a school board member?

Is this other Panther apologist now an assistant college dean?

No, neither! The other Panther defender was, like Lee, a radical law student at Yale University at the time. She is now known as The "smartest woman in the world." She is none other than the Democratic senator from the State of New York----our former First Lady, the incredible Hillary Rodham Clinton.

And now, as Paul Harvey said; You know "the rest of the story".

Playn 02-11-2003 05:17 PM

Actually, this story is a hoax that has been making it's way around the internet for several years.

wwwTOPDJcom 02-11-2003 05:31 PM

HOAX

Hauling Trash 02-11-2003 05:56 PM

Shane- Your a good guy for a Republican.

MIke Merola

Steve 1 02-11-2003 06:44 PM

Sounds true to me after looking at who's involved!!:D :D :D :D

EvilTwin 02-12-2003 08:40 AM

Wow,

We now have to pay to see pictures and then we get to view peoples political and religous views. Everybody has the right to believe in what they want to, just don't force them down other peoples throats. Is this still OSO?

Shane 02-12-2003 08:46 AM

Originally posted by EvilTwin
Wow,

We now have to pay to see pictures and then we get to view peoples political and religous views. Everybody has the right to believe in what they want to, just don't force them down other peoples throats. Is this still OSO?

First of all, I am NOT forcing it down anyones throat. If you will notice it came to me as being authored by Paul Harvey. I did not write anything you see. I merely copied and pasted it. Secondly, where in there did I mention anything about religious views? NEVER! Geesh!

Shane 02-12-2003 08:47 AM

Originally posted by Runaway
Shane- Your a good guy for a Republican.

MIke Merola

Thanks Mike. You are not so bad for a liberal yourself!;) Hope to see you soon.

Shane

kitten 02-12-2003 09:02 AM

Urban Legend

Versions of the e-mailed denunciation headed "Paul Harvey's 'The rest of the story'" began circulating on the Internet in June 2000. This header plus a comment at the end of the text ("And now, as Paul Harvey says, you know the rest of the story") caused some to believe Paul Harvey had read this piece (or a shorter version of it) on air. Paul Harvey's people confirm he has never broadcast the Panthers and Hillary Clinton story.

Additional information:

Two Controversial Cases in New Haven History
(Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute)
COINTELPRO: A History to Learn From

The URL for this page is (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/panthers.htm)
:chimp: :chimp: :chimp:

Steve 1 02-12-2003 09:03 AM

Evil maybe you do not or fail understand “OT” Besides that whatever you pay here is Pennies not even a decent meal at Denney’s and OSO is the best deal in town besides that!!

If you do not believe me then try to put one of these sites together yourself and check out your hard cost verses revenue from the sponsors you will find The OSO Group is very very fair and is doing this as more as a love affair than a Business!!

Now for the OT an Example if one of the…. Godless ones makes an OT thread like I asked God for Ice Cream and did not get any!! Then I have a right to Reply. If you chose to believe eather that is up to you.

We are Adults here.

Steve 1 02-12-2003 09:10 AM

Besides any Filth involving the Clintons is totally believable:p

Shane 02-12-2003 09:30 AM

Steve 1,

You crack me up!:D :D :D

RickerTX 02-12-2003 09:59 AM

Well, it may not have happened as the story says, but its fun just to get liberals defending the undefendable.

EvilTwin 02-12-2003 10:01 AM

Shane,

I never said you talked religion, but there have been many religious "conversations" on here. If you didn't say anything then don't get worked up over it. I don't really care as it does not affect me either way. Stating a fact as a FYI. As far as political comments or topics I think everybody knows you have made more comments directed to these than anyone else. I believe your Sign off line is (or was a political comment). Again, this does not affect me either way, but to bring ones political or religious views to a boating forum (or any forum not related for that matter) is just looking for trouble from others. Just trying to keep less "ammo" for people to use to start problems. Nothing else.

Steve,

I know the price and I know what OT stands for. I love to see the jokes and the polls as much as anyone. What I have seen is the religous and political (not as much) comments turn into something more than a conversation. Which I don't think we need anymore "misunderstandings" here. I believe there is a saying "You can ask me about anything but, Poilitics and Religion" They are topics that are asking for problems unfortunetly. I am not a very religous person nor do I try and get to wrapped up into politics so they don't personally bother me, but if I have to pay for a "boat" site then I would like to think I don't have to always see argueing about such maters. Just agree to disagree.

Shane 02-12-2003 10:15 AM

Evil Twin,

My suggestion to you is if you do not like to read things that do not relate to boats on here then simply avoid them. If others wish to discuss current events no related to boating with other OSO members it (as you say) does not effect you. It's like not liking rated R movies. If you don't like them, don't watch them.

As far as saying that I have made more political comments than others...I suggest you think long and hard about that my friend. There are MANY others here that have made many more comments than I.

So what bone do you have to pick with me anyway?:(

Queen Baja 02-12-2003 10:29 AM

Shane,

Do you have anything better to do with your time?
:crazy:

Shane 02-12-2003 10:39 AM

Originally posted by Queen Baja
Shane,

Do you have anything better to do with your time?
:crazy:

Queen Baja,

Your second post is less than flattering. Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Who you are, what kind of boat YOU have? Where you are from? etc.

EvilTwin 02-12-2003 10:41 AM

Shane,

First off I do not have any bone to pick with you.

Secondly, you are proving my point. You say I should just ignore these posts, but if more and more are coming up that may not pertain to many on this board don't you think they will stop visiting. Then add the fee involved. Isn't the point of the board to bring together people with like interests (boating) and share knowledge and info? If the topics are going to be argumentative and so off color, and they make you pay fees to see this, don't you think the user count will drop? The advertisers I'm sure would not want this ( and I am sure they are paying attention)nor would those who like to use this site for informative conversations. Making this just a personal website for a chosen few and getting away from what this site was originally created for can only hurt the site down the road. I liked it very much (and still do somewhat), but it has lost alot of the luster it once had. Some of the people on here Nort, Packin, etc are extremely funny and I love it, but some of the other comments and "opinions" should be thought out more before they are made to keep the site relatively on the path for what it was intended for. FUN and INFORMATION. Just my opinion.

Chris

Queen Baja 02-12-2003 10:42 AM

Shane,

There is no need to know more information about me but I sure do know some about you?:D

Chris288 02-12-2003 10:50 AM

So what your saying is, it's o.k. to post non-boating related crap and " use up precious BANDWITH " as long as its FUNNY ??.. Obviously you did not find the intial post of this thread funny, I DID !!! so does that make it o.k. ?? can you say HYPOCRITE ???

RickerTX 02-12-2003 10:52 AM

Queen Baja,

Not fair creating a new screen name to flame Shane. Be proud and be yourself.

Shane 02-12-2003 10:52 AM

Originally posted by Queen Baja
Shane,

There is no need to know more information about me but I sure do know some about you?:D

Queen Baja,

First, if you are who I think you are, we are having an intelligent and respectful discussion. Your addition to the thread was surely not adding any value to the converstaion. What I do with MY time is MY business, but again, if YOU are who I THINK you are then what you do on work time is MY business as well as all the tax payers in NY.

If you are NOT who I think you are, then...my bad.

Evil Twin,

I will agree to disagree and hopefully see you snowmobiling soon or boating this summer. No need to argue over this, we just have a difference in opinion and certainly can get along just fine not agreeing.:) What makes this board great is teh diversity of the membership and their participation in many broad topics. I hope it continues.

How was your trip to Canada?

Shane 02-12-2003 10:54 AM

Chris232,

GREAT POINT!:D

Queen Baja 02-12-2003 11:07 AM

Shane,

Your bad!

EvilTwin 02-12-2003 11:31 AM

Chris232,

Boy you sure can change your tune in a hurry. One minute you are stating facts about the fee and what is happening to the site and then you come on here and make a statement like this. Does the top of the fence post hurt? If you reread and maybe reread again if necessary, I am not saying what is right and wrong, but I said maybe rethink what comments and subjects are used (particularly when concerning personal beliefs and opinions). Discuss them rather than get "too personal". Not everyone believes in the same things which is perfectly OK. Just don't go flaming someone for not seeing things the same way. And what my point is (was) is that some subjects are not good topics to "push" (politics and religion). Discuss yes, push no. Use commen sense. Other wise many may be turned off and leave. Which as many will say is OK, but then you will have the same "members" without any new input. I'm sure that is not what was intended with this site.

Shane,

Canada was not that great. Trails needed alittle more snow. I ended up going through a lake at 1:30 in the morning at 25 below. I was in the water for 45 minutes. Got sled out and running in 30 minutes. Not a good trip. It has been great at the lake though. I may be coming up to Lake George for the Truck races this weekend.

Shane 02-12-2003 11:53 AM

Evil Twin,

You going to watch someone you know or just to watch in general? If you have never been...they are pretty boring! I would suggest coming up next weekend for the snowmobile and quad/motorcycle races. Much more exciting and lots more action. This weekend is the one weekend in the winter when my family comes up, so I will be tubing with my nephew and riding him around the house on the lake. A bunch of us are riding next Friday through Sunday. Friday in Indian Lake to Old Forge etc and Saturday and Sunday on and around the lake. Friends are racing cars and sleds etc. Let me know if you are coming up.

Shane

EvilTwin 02-12-2003 12:03 PM

A group of about 20 of us are going up with the sleds. We know about 15 of the trucks racing. We have been going for years (except last year).

Shane 02-12-2003 12:07 PM

Cool. Have a good time. I would really like to hear more about your going through the ice in Canada. I went through LG about 6 years ago. Blew the sled up like 2 or 3 weeks later in Canada. You were in the water for quite a long time. Any problems with hypothermia? Any damage to the sled? How deep was the water? I bet it has been really hard to get all the seat foam thoroughly dry. I know it was for me and my buddy that went in a few years back. Good luck.

wilerty 02-12-2003 12:26 PM

Some further information ...

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...rypanthers.htm

Chris288 02-12-2003 12:46 PM

Chris232,

Boy you sure can change your tune in a hurry. One minute you are stating facts about the fee and what is happening to the site and then you come on here and make a statement like this. Does the top of the fence post hurt? If you reread and maybe reread again if necessary, I am not saying what is right and wrong, but I said maybe rethink what comments and subjects are used (particularly when concerning personal beliefs and opinions). Discuss them rather than get "too personal". Not everyone believes in the same things which is perfectly OK. Just don't go flaming someone for not seeing things the same way. And what my point is (was) is that some subjects are not good topics to "push" (politics and religion). Discuss yes, push no. Use commen sense. Other wise many may be turned off and leave. Which as many will say is OK, but then you will have the same "members" without any new input. I'm sure that is not what was intended with this site.

Shane,

Canada was not that great. Trails needed alittle more snow. I ended up going through a lake at 1:30 in the morning at 25 below. I was in the water for 45 minutes. Got sled out and running in 30 minutes. Not a good trip. It has been great at the lake though. I may be coming up to Lake George for the Truck races this weekend.

I agree that if we increased the population of members that maybe more sponsors would pay to advertise on this site and that maybe the fee won't go up, because its probably not going to go away. But if you think that political or religious discussions will keep people from comming to this site, well thats your opinion, were all for the most part adults and in many cases share the same views but what fun would that be, thats what makes us unique and the same.... IF people can't handle discussions about things they find objectionable, they don't need to read them, thats what O.T. means and they should stay away. It really bugs the SH!T outta me when it clearly states O.T. and people just have to reac it anyway and then complain they are offended by what they were just warned not to read, do we really need such thin skinned people on here whining and complaining ??. ANYWHO, Like I said before, I belong to many other msg boards, some with over 30,000 members some with the exact same layout as this board,,, reefcentral.com to name one, and it totally free.... I have a lot of hobbies, skiing, boating, RC cars, salt water reef aquarium, jet-skiing, if I had to pay 20 or 30 dollars for each of these boards, then yes the fees would start to get costly and I probably would not belong to 1/3 of them. IF anything will scare potential new members away from this board it will be the FEEE....

EvilTwin 02-12-2003 01:21 PM

Chris232,

I agree with most of what you are saying, but you are right about thin skinned people. I don't have a problem with the subjects, it is what happens when they are brought up. If people on here want to talk trash about each others wives/girlfriends go ahead just so long as it doesn't leave permanent damage to the site or the people that are on it. This way the site can be fun(yes I said fun) and informative with out having to go through the crap that certain issues seem to always cause. Again it is called common sense.

Shane,

In the forty five minutes I was in we got the sled almost on the ice, But I ran out of energy. Got on my brothers sled to the condo and warmed up a while and went back and got it out and in a heated garage. Had it running in about 30 minutes. The seat is in my house drying out. Other than that there is no damage. The back of the sled was in about 6 feet of water while the ski's were in about 11 feet. I had to keep a strap on the back of it to keep it from going down the drop off. A crappy night to say the least.

Dredgeking 02-12-2003 01:23 PM

BELIEVE NOTHING YOU HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE!

Steve 1 02-12-2003 01:51 PM

The fun begins when one of our “Left-Wing Nutcases” makes an OT Post; we are all family here and the Debates weather heated or not are all normal Family Squabbles.

Again as said before by another family Member simply do not read it!!

EvilTwin 02-12-2003 03:05 PM

Steve 1,

Again let me say it, put enough of these topics that people do not "need (or want) to read" and then make them pay for it and what do you have? A site that will lose alot of good input from people who know more than you and I. Would you pay a membership for a site that has alot of members, but doesn't give you what you joined for? If all I wanted to do was to shoot the sh#t with some buddies I can do that on a chat line or on the phone. If you want a site that will draw people and you expect them to pay, give them something for there money. I know it is not alot of money, that is not the point. Point is keep the site infomative and fun without making it too much overboard to keep the Majority of the members happy (enough to shell out money) so that the advertisers think it will be worth their hard earned money to pay for their ads. No advertisers, no site (without digging deep into your pockets). The fact is that the site wants members thus helping to draw more advertisers. A happy medium has to be established. Enough fun and humor and enough boat related topics that can keep the "majority" happy. The site is good just don't want to see it go to sh*t. Don't just tell people "not to read it" if they don't like it. What the h#ll is that? If your boat insurance next year jumps to $75,000 a year (and you never had a claim) and nobody else will do it cheaper you would piss and moan. All the insurance company has to say is "just don't use the boat". Thats what I thought.

Steve 1 02-12-2003 04:15 PM

Evil you seem to be still missing the point; this is General Discussion (where we are right now)
Now the Technical Q&A should be fairly sterile regarding Boat only Issues.

Look Politics, Woman, and World issues will always be a part of the discussion in the General Forum there is a great deal of room in there!

And speaking for myself and many others whenever we are asked a question related to boats in our area of expertise have spent time on long essay type answers.

My Personal feeling is that the OT Threads enhance the General Discussion Thread. And a lot of us will sometimes find a topic or a news Item and share it with the Board.

After all to broaden one’s Knowledge is not such a terrible thing now is it? and another example: if I wanted a New Truck believe me I would go OT General Discussion and within an hour there would be more people trying to help than you could Imagine Not only that Engine/Transmission Packages and the Family members Past experience with Dealers , Longivity, Towing abilities and so on.

Chris288 02-13-2003 09:15 AM

noooo, its right here

EvilTwin 02-13-2003 09:28 AM

Shane,

Just read your other post about this one getting poofed. It is not controversal for me at all. It has to do about discretion. But obviously you don't get it. Look up validity of sources before posting. Just like you thinking this one got poofed. Research can go along way. And for the record I do not like the Clintons either, so your post was not offensive to me.

EvilTwin 02-13-2003 09:35 AM

Steve1,

I do agree with you that all different kinds of posts are great for the site, but leave the "bashing" polititions and religions aside. That is like pulling a pin on the grenade and waiting for it to explode. Believe me, nothing offends me, but I would think it would be best suited for the site and members not to "instigate" a few touchy subjects that have been proven to cause problems between members. Thats all I have been trying to say, nothing more. Would you tell a member that his Skater is a piece of Sh!t? Then why would you say that his political party is? Not exactly the same, but I think you see my point. (and did I tell you that I am not at all a political person)

Shane 02-13-2003 09:39 AM

Shane,

Just read your other post about this one getting poofed. It is not controversal for me at all. It has to do about discretion. But obviously you don't get it. Look up validity of sources before posting. Just like you thinking this one got poofed. Research can go along way. And for the record I do not like the Clintons either, so your post was not offensive to me.

Chris,

I did look and didn't see it. Sorry that I missed it.:rolleyes: Geez. If it does not offend you then why even worry about it? Also, if we are on the topic of research, maybe you should have done your research when you said that I had the most posts on political topics. Clearly that honor belongs to Catmando.

Shane 02-13-2003 09:52 AM

discretion: n. 1. The quality of being discreet; circumspection. 2. Ability or power to decide responsibly. 3. Freedom to act or judge on one's own.