Anybody Know This Hustler?? >

Anybody Know This Hustler??

Notices

Anybody Know This Hustler??

Old 02-11-2003, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Question Anybody Know This Hustler??

A broker at LOTO has this 1982 Hustler 32 OS listed. Looks decent from the photos, obviously an inspection is required. From what little I know about Hustler's this must have been from one of the very early molds. Their website says they've been making boats for 22 years (1980 or so). Does anybody have some input here? Workmanship, quality, history, etc...

http://www.lakewideyachtbrokerage.com/1190.htm

As mentioned in other posts, if anyone on this board snatches it up... they'll get the bat!! HA HA.

Thanks,
Travis
Old 02-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure looks alot better then the Red 32' Hustler at DSM in SoCal for about the same price.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this is one of the original boats owned by Paul Fiore. What type of out drives does it have? And what type steering?
Old 02-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

I may be at the lake this weekend and if I will check it out in person. That would make a great LOTO for little money.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Registered

adam--- I recognize your screen name from that old cop show. The ad says it has TRS drives, not sure about the steering. It did not mention hydraulic, so it may just be std merc. power steering

Rich--- that would be great! If you don't get a chance to make it by, don't worry about it. I'll see if I can find some details on it yet this week before leaving for St. Louis.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:38 AM
Registered

bump
Old 02-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like it has been re-done. A survey is deffinately a must to make sure hull is structurally sound with no moisture in it.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Early example of the 32. Model was made by Hustler from early 80's to aprox. 2000 when 344 Cheetah was introduced. Definitely appears to be redone including paint( semi-Outerlimits scheme); interior, as well as dash.Like any boat of this age, should get a good look over structurally & mechanically.Great model boat that could take a lot more HP. Depending where you'll use it, handles well in rough water.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:06 AM
Steve_H

KC Baja , i dont know the boat but i do know the owner of lakewideyacht.

nice honest guy. if you want i can call him for you and try to get a scale of 1 to 10 for you.

Old 02-16-2003, 09:08 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input guys. I spoke with the broker the other evening. Boat has been updated on the exterior only. Cockpit interior is original and reported about a 6 out of 10. The cabin interior was in the early stages of an update, but unfinished. He didn't know the history on the engines and will need to get back with me. Boat has spent some time in saltwater, unknown how long. Broker further said the owner is moving up (aren't we all!!) to a 40' Fountain and really needs to unload this boat. Boat does come with a decent trailer (big plus).

Lotoparty-- you're right, Carl ( I think?) the owner of lakewide is who I talked with. Seemed like a stand-up guy.

32storm-- How do you like your Hustler? Give me the +'s and -'s of this hull. Do you know of any recognized problems with the early mold that has been corrected over the years. 20 year's for a mold is a pretty long time. Must be alright?

Quick Reply: Anybody Know This Hustler??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.