Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
real news from middle east!the last sit. >

real news from middle east!the last sit.

Notices

real news from middle east!the last sit.

Old 02-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are now considered a "HYPERPOWER " I think we need to live up to that name and quit worrying about world opinion.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:21 PM
Tom
Registered

Originally posted by Playn
Well , some FACTS first...

The population of the US is 284,421,906 (every man , woman, and child regardless of being of voting age or registered to vote or not). The votes cast (popular) for President Bush were 50,456,169.

So based upon your "fuzzy" math, one would have to correct you and say that 233 million people didn't vote for Bush (regardless if the could or not) not the 250 million you mention. Of course, based upon the closeness of the election the same would have to be said for Gore (based upon your logic) wouldn't it

OK, the population of the US is 284,421,906 and 1,500,000 watch Fox News. Given even 90% believe any of their propaganda leaves 1,350,000 people being duped, or 0.474647%, many of which appearantly own boats or at least wish they did. Kind of reminds me of the moral majority, neither moral or the majority.

I know you all like to bash everyone who does not agree with you, but did you notice that the countries that are going along are the ones with the greatest number of protesters. Lets see, the Pope, Desmond Tutu, the top leaders in Bush's cult, many other religious leaders against; Bush marching along like this is some kind of directive from God and you still think everybody else is a fool.

And then there is the notion that the French have so much to hide. Who ripped out 8,000 pages of the report to hide what US companies were supplying Iraq when Rumsfeld was buddy buddy with Saddam and helped him gas Iran? Why is the leader we put into Afganistan an employee of Unical, the same people who wanted to build a pipeline ten years ago and are doing it now? Why did the Bush bunch write this whole plan to take over Iraq as the beginning of PaxAmericana ten years ago?

Oh yeah, its all Clinton's fault and he is an idiot too. Bush is so smart he couldn't have gotten into any college if he was black unless his daddy had connections, has managed to turn the whole world against us, yet you guys think we should think him and his gang are saints. Time to turn off Fox News and start asking questions.

Funny nobody corrects Steve 1 for quoting 298 million repeatedly that did not protest. Add the 2 million who did protest makes 300 million minus 50 million votes for Bush makes 250 million give or take a fundamentalist or two, but then who's counting? Anybody who does not agree with you guys is a fool who wants to destroy the world. The few who do just say F*ck the whole world just like in Hitler's day.

FACTS = anything said on Fox News.

LIES = anything Fox News does not agree with.

TRUTH = Things are way worse since Bush said it would be much easier if he was dictator.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Tom, Fox News got you all in a tizzy because they won't tell you what the Democrats want you to know and then what to think of it, like ABCCBSNBCCNNMSNBC. Sorry that they tax your brain too much by actually just reporting a story without telling you what they think about it or Terry McAulliffe wants you to think about it. Please feel free to stick with the big three (falling fast) and they will take care of all that nasty thinking stuff.

I think it was a perfect example on the night of the State of the Union address. Fox showed bush, then showed Locke, the anchors had about 3 minutes of comment, and then said good night, The other three ABCCBSNBC had another 30-45 minutes of commentary until 11:00, during this time they talked with Daschle, Gephart, Kennedy, etc. But the byline under the whole presentation told the whole story-this was on all three, I checked:

"The Democratic Response to the State of the Union"

And that was probably the most honest reporting all evening
Old 02-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

Tom to tell the truth just about every problem we have in the Middle-East has been the handy work of the Liberal Democrats (scumbags for short) and all I hear from those Nit wits is Iran Contra or some other even more Pathetic Asinine Quotes.

TRUE the liberals created the Problem in Iran that spread across the Middle East.

TRUE we are going to correct their MISTAKES for them once and for all.

TRUE we are just letting them play their dirty little game and go thru the motions until we are ready and I would say like Very soon.

Here is a post I made in another thread

These Cowardly FRENCH Like our very own Anti American Liberals should run and hide their Faces at the even mention of the word Iraq, For it was French who Coached the Ayatollah and with the blessings of another wimp and Horrible person in his own right The Traitor Carter!! Remember he got the Arafat Award recently.

You Remember Carter's human rights program, where he demanded the Shah of Iran step down and turn over power to the Ayatollah Khomeini? Who then flew in from where??

Where else!! Paris France! Where he was living and being helped by that Piss-Ant Government there! They also did a brilliant job on the Coaching the Bastard.

No matter that Khomeini was a madman.(aside from the worlds ugliest Person) Carter had the U.S. Pentagon tell the Shah's top military commanders – about 150 of them – to acquiesce to the Ayatollah and not fight him.

This After the Shah was our only friends there in the Arabian Gulf remember he even fueled our Warships during the embargo??
The Shah's military listened to Carter. All of them were murdered in one of the Ayatollah's first acts.

By allowing the Shah to fall, Carter created one of the most militant anti-American dictatorships ever.
Soon the new Iranian government was ransacking our embassy and held hostage its staff for over a year. Only President Reagan's election gave Iran the impetus to release the hostages.

Carter's decision to have the Shah fall is arguably the most egregious U.S. foreign policy mistake of the last 50 years.
With the Shah gone, the whole region was destabilized.

The Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan; no doubt a direct link to the rise of the Taliban can be traced to this invasion.

HERE IS THE POINT: now Iraq also took advantage of the Shah's departure to invade Iran. The long war followed that helped make Saddam's Iraq a great Middle Eastern power.

And decades after Carter's ignominious act, Iran is still bent on destroying America. President Bush named it one of the three nations in the "axis of evil." Iran is developing both nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver these weapons to its enemies.

The Embassy takeover and Burning 650 People alive in a Movie house were nice big all controlling Government touches only a Liberal could love.

We can thank none other than The French and the Fool Jimmy Carter for all of this!
Old 02-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree 100% Fred They forget all to easy.

I remember seeing a French Farmer who in his Barn had a Tractor the said "Gift From the people of the United States"or something close.

This guy was most likely first in the protest lines
Old 02-16-2003, 10:57 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

As an unbiased Canuck, I can say that the world is extremely lucky the U.S. is the superpower and not Iraq or China or a bunch of other nations we all could name.

Fact is, when the U.S. intervenes anywhere on the planet, the local population is almost always better off as a result. The U.S. acts for the majority of the local population against the oppression of corrupt and/or incompetant governments. Sometimes the U.S. does not succeed, but it certainly tries hard to do the right thing.

The U.S. is much like the British Empire which brought prosperity to much of the world controlled by it. A weak Church of England with little fire behind it and a high tolerance for local customs helped enormously (same with the Romans and the U.S.) Also, in both the Roman and British cases, foreign lands often WANTED the influence/prosperity and perceived good government of the British/Romans compared to their own local despotic leaders. Since the British left Africa, most of these countries have collapsed economically and socially.

I suspect the Iraqis and Iranians are no different in this respect, and are hopeful of increased U.S. influence over their destinies. It will be funny to look at Europe's reaction when liberated Iraqis are cheering U.S. troops the same way the Italians did in WWII!
Old 02-17-2003, 07:51 AM
mlitefan

So if those numbers are true (amount of protesters), which I think they are totally inflated btw, why don't we show how many people Didn’t protest?

Makes for a much better story...

Old 02-17-2003, 07:52 AM
mlitefan

In France alone, it looks like close to 61 million DIDN't protest...

Just once, I would love to see the news reported this way...

Old 02-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Tom
OK, the population of the US is 284,421,906 and 1,500,000 watch Fox News. Given even 90% believe any of their propaganda leaves 1,350,000 people being duped, or 0.474647%, many of which appearantly own boats or at least wish they did. Kind of reminds me of the moral majority, neither moral or the majority.

I know you all like to bash everyone who does not agree with you, but did you notice that the countries that are going along are the ones with the greatest number of protesters. Lets see, the Pope, Desmond Tutu, the top leaders in Bush's cult, many other religious leaders against; Bush marching along like this is some kind of directive from God and you still think everybody else is a fool.

And then there is the notion that the French have so much to hide. Who ripped out 8,000 pages of the report to hide what US companies were supplying Iraq when Rumsfeld was buddy buddy with Saddam and helped him gas Iran? Why is the leader we put into Afganistan an employee of Unical, the same people who wanted to build a pipeline ten years ago and are doing it now? Why did the Bush bunch write this whole plan to take over Iraq as the beginning of PaxAmericana ten years ago?

Oh yeah, its all Clinton's fault and he is an idiot too. Bush is so smart he couldn't have gotten into any college if he was black unless his daddy had connections, has managed to turn the whole world against us, yet you guys think we should think him and his gang are saints. Time to turn off Fox News and start asking questions.

Funny nobody corrects Steve 1 for quoting 298 million repeatedly that did not protest. Add the 2 million who did protest makes 300 million minus 50 million votes for Bush makes 250 million give or take a fundamentalist or two, but then who's counting? Anybody who does not agree with you guys is a fool who wants to destroy the world. The few who do just say F*ck the whole world just like in Hitler's day.

FACTS = anything said on Fox News.

LIES = anything Fox News does not agree with.

TRUTH = Things are way worse since Bush said it would be much easier if he was dictator.

A little defensive arn't we I responded to your post with some facts, that's it. You'll notice it makes NO mention of Fox News, Clinton, religion, cults, Hitler, Iraq, nor politics. Just states facts - that's all
Old 02-17-2003, 02:22 PM
mlitefan

Fact is, if you do the math, the number of protesters equals about 5/100's of a percent of the worlds population...

Most of the protesters despise America in the first place. Much news about nothing really.

Tom appears to like the conspiracy books...

Quick Reply: real news from middle east!the last sit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.