Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
APBA single engine program for Super Cat?? >

APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Notices

APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Old 02-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey tx2,Are you ever going to race again.I know you have the talent,and I know that you could even get a major sponsor if you wanted,I think the problem with most of the people that are replying to you dont really know who you are and that you have been around the sport for more years than most of these guys have been alive.I for one do believe that there are alot of talanted individuals when it comes to boat racing but when it comes down to it,the guy that is spending the most money is usually the guy that wins,on the other hand if it is equal on all ends of the playing field it would be better for the sport and all those involved,Brian Hollis and crew in F2 are exactly correct it would then come to boat set up,prop selection,weight ,ability and the shier talant of those on the race team not just who can out spend the next guy.WHEN you look at base ball,football,nascar,tennis,golf or whatever except boat racing,9 out of 10 times the playing field is even,and usually the best prepared team wins,not the welthiest team/usually the team with the most talent or the person with the most talant.I also know that there are alot of people that are commenting that have never raced anything at all,and all I can say is that if you think it is so easy,bring yourselfs,your boat and everything else that makes it all work and see how well you can do and I think that you will find that it is not so easy and you will also get your BUTTS SPANKED/See you at the races.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:59 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: nice friendly debate

Originally posted by PWRBOATTOURS
Rich - I do thank you for debating this topic with me like a gentleman. I still stand by the fact that our modern APBA Offshore Racers are spending less money, receiving bigger purses and competiting on a level playing field. The facts are that many race teams are joining APBA Offshore in 2003 that have previously raced in other series , it's all over this board. I support APBA Offshore and those that don't can go play in somebody else's sand box - Brian Hollis

Brian:

For the record......... I respect your efforts and I have watched you race for some time now. I believe that you could , in fact, compete at the highest levels if given the opportunity and budget............. But, that would also require time and more experience........ something the big names (Joey, Jerry, Johnny, and Stevie --- Curtis) already have invested. I know for a fact that all of the top guys have sacrificed greatly to "earn their bones".......and it shows in the results.

I am loyal to APBA, as you are, but I lost my pollyanna views years ago. .......

This is also a function of time.....and experience.

Both APBA and SBI have blindly loyal followers and that is the biggest problem, because it demands no accountability from either leadership group............. and none is given.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 02-20-2003 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EXCELLENT thread guys. I have some things to contribute, but for once, I am going to shut up and sit back and listen. I am truly enjoying the RESPECTFUL nature of this debate. Keep it going.

Shane
Old 02-19-2003, 12:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up thanks Rich

Rich - thanks for the compliment , coming from you that means alot. I have seriously always respected your commentary and witty humor. Christine was classic. Back to Super Cat - I'm sure Offshore will keep doing everything in their power to make it affordable and maintain parity in the class. Man what I would give to run one of those puppies one day - BH
Old 02-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Shane, Please contribute, Start a new thread, I've been hearing all kinds of chit in bits and peices, it all adds up to bad news, if anyone knows the story lets here it.

Eddie
Old 02-19-2003, 01:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up no bad news

Eddie - there is no bad news - trust me - BH
Old 02-19-2003, 04:38 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I hope your right,

Thanks BH,

Eddie
Old 02-19-2003, 05:39 PM
trooper1467

If any of the rumors are true things should start happening in the next few weeks....

Old 02-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Registered

fastedy,

I have no enlightening news to bring forth. I simply have my opinions about the state of offshore, its players, leaders and potential future. This comes from many years of participation and many more years as a spectator/fan. I meant nothing more byu saying I have some things to contribute. Sorry if I mislead you.

Shane
Old 02-19-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Shane ,
If you could get Nicky to get the SKATER out of the pole barn then you would be doing something.

Quick Reply: APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.