Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
APBA single engine program for Super Cat?? >

APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Notices

APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Old 02-21-2003, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shane B,

Current Super Cat kilo record is held by Tommy Bahama at 136.975mph. Record was set leaving their 300lb weight penalty at the dock.....not sure of the rationale.....or consistency...
Old 02-21-2003, 08:04 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

ZeroDefect ran some of the first dry sump #6 drives by Weismann.
Shiftable Transmissions are far too exspensive to add to the equation. IMO the single engine supplier is a bad Idea. The engine program now is very consistant alowing many different winners, hell everyone says Mercurys program is off but they won a few races this year. They already have mandated parts on the engines it should be left at that. There are lots of other forms of racing that the engines are alost all the same. If guys want to race identical poer let them race SCL. Supercats ARE NOT running 140 on any of these dinky courses that we are racing on. The trading paint thing is getting rediculos, even at "ONLY" 120-130 it's still not safe or feasable cost wise. I bet that there was enough fiberglass damage this year in SC to pay to build awhole new boat. Drambuie, WHM , Desantis, Tommy Bahama, all had some form of damage this year.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:06 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Tachyon, you are assosiated with Callan , right? Are you guys planning on building a SC ? That would be cool.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:28 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: hmmmmmm just some facts

Originally posted by PWRBOATTOURS
Rich ...............At the END of it's life Open Boats went 170 plus mph NOT 150. Super Cats today can run 140 plus and hitting race speeds of 125-135 mph.
Brian:

Check your lap average times (Devil's always in the details...not the "hype")....... These guys are lucky to break 110 at race start...and average well below that......

170....in an Open class RACE???????? Not on my shift! and I was there....... every race.

The point is not the top speed....but the lack of power...and acceleration......

Lock a bunch of "punchless" cats in a turn...relying on full throttle and wacky trim for position...and you better believe you'll create dangerous situations.

T2x
Old 02-21-2003, 08:32 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Rich ................ Your comment on fans following engine builers is really amusing. I would think there are many more fans with Chevy / Vortec power plants in their personal cars and trucks than any custom engine builder. I can see the fans now - Hey man I have one of them Pfaff motors in my truck , get real. - Brian Hollis
BOAT racing fans follow BOAT engine builders........ NASCAR fans drive a Chevy or a Ford........ (Point #2 ......identify your market).
The most successful time in tunnel boat history was during the OMC-Mercury wars......the fans took sides and showed up in droves....... and gave a damn who won.

T2x
Old 02-21-2003, 08:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
From what I am hearing there will be a New Spectre from the Zipp express Team and a a few teams are putting together 36' Nortechs also. Should be a really good year
Those and many others, the class should really be exciting this year.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:33 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Rich ...............I could go on and on here matching wits with every thread on this topic, but I want. Brian Hollis
Want what?

T2x
Old 02-21-2003, 08:35 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Rich ................ You can't argue that APBA Offshore LLC has produced a better racing model over the past 3 years, it's just FACT. Brian Hollis
Brian:

In the USA.......as opposed to the LLC..... I can argue anything I want......check the Constitution.

T2x
Old 02-21-2003, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

APBA needs to ask the racers what they think about it.It doesnt really matter what the non racing people think on this subject.The question should be to the racers if they agree that this will help the class grow. True racers love compatition and if thats what it takes to get more boats in a class then its good to me.
Randy
Old 02-21-2003, 08:52 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Rich ............... You should also use the name Alweiss instead of those veiled references and quotation marks - he ain't that bad of a person and he probally would give you a shot at announcing again. Brian Hollis
Brian:

For the record............I'd rather eat nuclear waste.............

There is some cockeyed idea on OSO that I want to announce for, or miss my role in, the LLC shows..... I have not advanced this....pushed for it or even mentioned it in passing....... I'm much happier having nothing to do with the shows...... or him.

I posted on OSO last year that I loafed through my last two years on APBA TV. I was turned off by the format, direction and approach. Mike felt he didn't get his money's worth, and I had no desire to do more.......We were both right.

If that aint a bad fit, I don't know what is!

I'd gladly announce real racing again...and I will........when the right opportunity comes along, AND I can understand the classes, AND there is no corporate B.S. going on. At present I would be a much bigger asset to the Prop Tour than Offshore as I am obviously....... obsolete.

T2x

Quick Reply: APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.