Notices

SCOPE - WHY ???

Old 05-21-2001, 07:26 PM
rick32

I'll be on the Rack at Lido Dry Storage... I'll be ready to go in 15-20min at anytime...
I cant wait ! Who else is in there ???? I walk through a couple of weeks ago and saw a bunch of nice boats... are they all SCOPE Folks ??

R32

Old 05-21-2001, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rick32:
<STRONG>I'll be on the Rack at Lido Dry Storage... I'll be ready to go in 15-20min at anytime...
I cant wait ! Who else is in there ???? I walk through a couple of weeks ago and saw a bunch of nice boats... are they all SCOPE Folks ??

R32</STRONG>

There are a number of SCOPEers there.......I think DMAN is there too. I heard from BC Chick that the rate is moving to $19 per foot..............that's pretty damn pricy!
Old 05-21-2001, 08:18 PM
Charter Member #996
Charter Member

That's true and not true. They raised their storage fees to $16/ft. ($.50/ft. increase) if you sign up for a 1 year contract. If you do not sign up for the year contract and want to go month to month, then you get the huge rate hike. I believe they are trying to deter the month to month tenancy concept. That is why I moved the boat out of there this week. Its a great facility though, just to steep for me now if I want to stay month to month.

Cheers!
Old 05-21-2001, 08:20 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

There are a bunch of SCOPE members at Lido. I was there for about a year. You will do a lot of boating being racked at the dryslip. And being in SCOPE, you will always have a buddy to go boating with. You can have only so much fun boating alone.
Old 05-21-2001, 08:24 PM
rick32

Here's the gosphel ( on a Month to Month )

20'- 29' = $18.25
30'- 34' = $18.85
35'- 39" = $19.50
40'+ longer = 19.85

My boats not even here yet and I paid up so I had a definite home... I guess they fill up fast as summer approaches....

Old 05-21-2001, 08:32 PM
Registered

Sorry BCC if I got it wrong.....I didn't remember the exact numbers. I just remembered that it was expensive. Gary's right though, I can see that you'd do a lot more boating if you can dip that easy! It better be great for &gt;$9K per year! As NickSlick would say, that's around 4000 gallons of Premium fuel (on the street).
Old 05-21-2001, 08:55 PM
Charter Member #996
Charter Member

Originally posted by PhantomChaos:
<STRONG>Sorry BCC if I got it wrong.....I didn't remember the exact numbers. I just remembered that it was expensive. Gary's right though, I can see that you'd do a lot more boating if you can dip that easy! It better be great for &gt;$9K per year! As NickSlick would say, that's around 4000 gallons of Premium fuel (on the street). </STRONG>
Actually, I'm the one that should say sorry, as it looks like I had it wrong. I never did see the letter, but rather was told verbally by their staff and said I didn't need to see it. It was too much for me Then again, the pricing is much cheaper if you sign up for a year at a time. The only thing is, I can buy a new trailer every year for those prices (after the salt water dipping on weekends). Ruckus is now down at Dick Simon with Mr. Stinson to watch out over it. He, he
Old 05-21-2001, 09:26 PM
DEVIL MAN

OK Rick....you asked for it and you will get it!!!! First of all...if you added up the boats on Sunday, there were 11 boats!!!! Not five!!!! Huge difference...huge...your estimate is off by over.....well six boats!!
Yes, it was the weekend before a big weekend and a lot of the guys are getting their boats dialed in for Memorial. Don't buzz by again....stop in and introduce yourself and say hello!!!! If you attended the last Yardhouse get together about a month ago, you would have counted 12 boats, but in reality, there were approx. 24 boats there plus another five car loads of members and friends.....we had over 40 people at one table and approx. 70 in attendance!!! Chaos is right....some events are well attended, some are not....you come and go as you please.

As for the membership being high at $125 a year for your family???? Better do your homework my friend.....you are not even close!!!!! Here is what you got last year and this year...

1 family membership = $125

1 tee-shirt
1 embroidered duffle bag
2 decals
10% off at Pfaff engines...parts and labor
10% off at Teague Custom Marine...parts and labor
10% off at Archer Marine..parts and labor
10% off at Dick Simon Marine....parts and labor
1,000 gallon price at Hill's Fuel dock in Newport Harbor ( I paid $2.05 for 92 octane on Sunday!!!! On the water in Newport...sounds like your membership will pay for itself in about two months!
1 helicopter photo shoot in which you get six to ten photo prints of your boat flying through the air.
1 free Christmas dinner....food and drinks...last year was at the Yardhouse Restauraunt in Costa Mesa!!!! Free.....for you and a guest!!!!!
The ability to hang, party and network with 80 of the coolest guys in So Cal...Stinson included!!! Ask Nick Slick on what a giving guy Stinson is.....all of our members are like that....got an engineering problem....call Lyall. got an electrical problem...call Wayne....got printing needs, call Chris Lee....need shirts, jackets, logo's embroidery, call Speedware or Miken. The list goes on.

Through SCOPE discounts, I saved over $4,000 dollars this year with a couple engine rebuilds and some rigging work...and I just told you what I pay for gas.

On top of these things, we have river trips, San Diego run, go cart nights, bowling nights, Catalina runs (two already this year with a total of 34 boats!!!) Had enough??? Not sure why yet???? I am not done!!!!

We put on one hell of a poker run...open ocean ****....the big stuff!!!! Here is where some of that money goes....here is what you get for a $125 entry fee...yes, that is correct....$125!!!!!! Our poker run is completely non profit!!! We keep
it simple and cheap so the average Joe can come have some fun....last year, we had 100 boats registered....take a seat and hear what you got for $125!!!!!!

1 entry
1 hand of cards
1 tee shirt
4 Lyall leakproof caps
Dinner Friday night at Tequila Jacks....for your entire crew!!!!! Ten big boys....bring them on down....free!!!! Did I say free???
1 dock space for your boat
1 set of color prints of your boat...five to eight prints....doubles....plus, we give you the negatives!!!!!!!! plus, the photographer is one of the Powerboat Magazine photographers!!! Free one year subscription
to Powerboat Magazine....Free
1 huge Saturday afternoon party...catered food and a band.
Last year, we gave out $16,000 in prize MONEY!...not gifts....CASH....plus a bunch of door prizes!

There is more!!!! I just can't remember all the stuff!!!!

If you are looking for the best website, you are on it!!!! No question....but if you want a deal and want to meet other boaters and you want to have a great time, then next time...junk the fly by and come in for a landing!!!! Yes, I am at the dry slip so now that I know who you are, I will hound you until you wave the white flay....and yes, their prices are steeeeeeep!!!!

DMan...and the D is for Dam worth it!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2001, 09:33 PM
DEVIL MAN

Rick....I just re read my message....sorry about the agressiveness....it is aimed at anyone interested....if you use your boat, a person cannot afford NOT to join SCOPE!!!!!!
I am glad you asked the question.

DMan

Old 05-21-2001, 10:08 PM
DEVIL MAN

As for the Dry Slip....yes, they are high if you go month by month....you save four bucks a foot if you go for the full year. It all comes down to convenience and what it is worth to each person.....it sure makes boating easy and you can really keep your boat and the backside hardware clean....plus, on weekends, you have your own dockspace if you decide to leave your boat in the water....To some it is a deal...to others, it is a steal...the wrong way!!!! Rick....if you use your boat a lot, you will love the convenience. Good luck and write those checks!

DMan

Quick Reply: SCOPE - WHY ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.