Notices
View Poll Results: Do you think the fight was fixed?
Fixed
80.33%
Not Fixed
19.67%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Fixed fight!

Old 02-23-2003, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Being a ex-boxer , and having my bell rung a few times it is normal to pull your mouth piece out at that given moment. He was knocked slightly unconcience on the way down, via the foot/leg bent and when Rhino hit the canvas he was back into it but not enough to get up. It was a hard right, as well as a devastating blow. Even if Rhino would have got up it would have been over. I don't care for Mike Tyson and still feel he is emotionally disturbed individule. The stupid ass interview after the fight proves that. From a promotional and business point of view he does draw a big crowd, and many poeple still feel he is the Tyson of old, when Cus was still living. He cannot fight tall fighters, even middle ranked do to a 4 point stance, short reach, no game plan, not enough bobing and weaving. To have power is not enough. I enjoy boxing, thank god it is not quite like wrestling, but I see where every one might think that after last knights fight. I predict Lenox Lewis to knock Tyson out before the 5th round, Just my .02, Jeff
Old 02-23-2003, 09:16 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picking easily beatable oponents IS fixing the fight.
If I challenge a 17' bayliner to race in 6' seas, even if I lose an engine I have no doubt I would win. Makes placing bets a sure thing. Cheating is cheating.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:34 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

and my favorite gentile lady also lost a boxing match last nite and this one has one of the cutest faces goin..Who you ask??

Ms Tonya Harding of course..in a "split" decision. No pun intended!!
Old 02-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe the fight and KO was real. if they were going to fake it they would of waited at least until Round 2 or 3.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:36 PM
blackhawk

GO4BROKE is right! As far as I am concerned it was a "bogus" fight. Maybe not "fixed" but a total BS waste of time. I did not watch it and I will not watch Mike Tyson fight any longer. The guy is a total POS and should be banned from professional sports of any kind.

And he can take Don King with him!

Want to watch a real fight watch Roy Jones Jr next weekend. That guy ius amazing. He has become much more catious recently just going for wins instead of KO's but he is still a blast to watch. That is real talent. You will get your money's worth there!

Old 02-23-2003, 06:39 PM
blackhawk

Now that I am riled up. My opinion is the heavyweight division of boxing has WAY too much money and corruption. Ban Don King from boxing and start making the matches a more "winner take all" payday.

Winner earns $10 million, loser wins $100,000. End of story.

Old 02-24-2003, 08:34 AM
25 Eagle

Who Cares... should have been one of the questions. Tyson is a animal and his fights should take place in a zoo.

Old 02-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Registered

Sorry, but I think anything associated with Mike Tyson is a joke and it amazes me that people will piss away their hard-earned money on him. I wouldn't watch him fight in my backyard for free...

I agree with Blackhawk. But, I say the loser gets $10,000. Lose 5 fights a year and still make more than the averge person...

Sorry guys, but I would get in ring for $1,000,000 in a heartbeat....
Old 02-24-2003, 08:36 PM
blackhawk

Well, if all you have to do is take one punch and then pull your mouthpiece out and lay there then i'd do it for $10,000.

Hell, I guarantee my skinny ass would have put on a better show! I could have at least out ran him in the ring until I got tired. That's at least 60 seconds.