Notices

OT: Chip Foose

Old 02-24-2003, 02:20 PM
TulsaLarry

Default OT: Chip Foose

Last night I watched a cable special on famed car designer/customizer Chip Foose and was totally blown away with what this guy can do. The detail in his machines are second to none.

The one car that impressed me the most was his '35 Chevy Grand Master, not only is the car beautiful but when you pop the hood you see the cleanest engine compartment ever. You wonder how the car can even run because you are unable to see any wires, hoses or belts. Really cool machine.

http://www.curtsrodandcustom.com/showcase_riddler.html

Old 02-24-2003, 02:36 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw that show also.... I was blown away by what he can do! I just sat there with my mouth open and repeating to myself holy crap, holy crap! and DAAAYYUUUMMM
Old 02-24-2003, 03:00 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that he also designed the Chrysler Prowler and PT Cruiser. I believe that he worked for GM before going to Boyde Coddington where he start to really shine.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:17 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

he didnt design the prowler directly, but chrysler looked at his design and that is what heavily influenced the look of it.... I think they said on the show he did the drawings for that 10 years prior to them building it!!
Old 02-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was amazed at the way he designs his custom wheels. One pencil,one sheet of paper and presto,a new custom wheel design.

I really liked the way he gives his entire crew credit for the finnished cars and doesn't just hog the spotlight for himself.
Humility is often the last thing these guys have in their tool box.

What I found really great was the way he holds his dad's metal working talents in such high regard. A true "panel beater" is really an artist,not just a body guy.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

seen the car at a dinner for gm brass,car was unbelievable car won the riddler award in 2002 for best car at detroit also was there this year guy that owns the car owns some chevy dealers.Met chip at dinner great guy