Notices

Mid-cabins ??????

Old 02-24-2003, 07:37 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to post the same idea but Hyper beat me!
I like the concept, I would buy one for a second boat maybe.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Word on the street here in Michigan that Sunsation is going to make the 32ft Dominator a open bow soon. Twin 525's (yeah i'll ride up front!! )
Duane
Old 02-25-2003, 05:29 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

open bow on a performance boat looks like training wheels on a Harley. I don't like the look at all. I understand it's popular out west, but it seems if your running that in BIG water - what happens if you stuff it???? I guess you keep the bilge pump running all the time. I'll stick with the closed deck and nice lines.
As for gauges up front - what for ?? to scare your non-boating passengers. A new way of "backseat" (front seat) driving??
I could already hear mother-in-laws screaming "too fast, too shallow, are we gonna run out of gas???"
.02 in the coffer for this opinion.
Bouy
Old 02-25-2003, 06:29 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Cig 1 is right,

The boat mags have been pushing those a lot with tests...

I think they look plain goofy.

Also I stuffed twice (both time under 40 MPH)in 20 years both times pop back out and kept going, with one of these things I'd still be going down.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good feedback guys ... thanks !!!

1. This is obviously not a boat designed for rough water (especially with people up front)

2. I am looking at these as a possible family friendly "LAKE" (as in "inland lakes") boat. We do a few trips a year to upstate NY.

3. This would actually be looked at as a third or fourth boat that would really only be used for the above trips ... mostly with lots of kids along as well.

4. Sunsation does the hard cover for the bow.... Does anybody else .... maybe Donzi eh?

5. As far as the look ... yeah some of them look pretty goofy, but that Nordic has a really nice line to it .

6. Thanks again .... Keep 'em comin....

JM
Old 02-25-2003, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Open Bow - No Problem

Originally posted by mpally
The problem I see with them is this, who is going to sit up there on a weekend at LOTO? No way in hell I am going to.

Plus, I don't like the looks of them. I am not a open bow guy. Just my opinion though.
Can't argue about personal taste. I know this isn't a windshield and open bow crowd, but when we go to LOTO my friends fight over who gets to sit in the front - especially on weekends. I guess you need a boat with a great rough water ride, which is what an Envision offers.

I always thought boating was about being with friends having a good time. In our boat I can seat 12 adults comfortably. We don't have to wait till we get where we're going to party, we party on the way
Old 02-25-2003, 09:20 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Even on inland lakes you may encounter a large cruiser wake and it could come over the bow and get REAL interesting Real quick!
Old 02-25-2003, 09:59 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

The sunsation version is the exact same performance specs as the closed bow version except it doesn't have a V-berth. Great configuration for lakes, rivrs, etc. but offshore you could find youself with a big bucket of water up front if the waters get snotty. The other thing is the additional vinyl etc. you've got take care of on top of the cockpit. PLus, unless the water is glassy, it's the worst place to ride on a boat...
Old 02-25-2003, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a closed deck kind of guy too. I just love the lines of a long deck. But, those new open bow rigs are pretty cool. I had a bow rider when I was Hyper's age, had a friggin blast in it. Did almost 60 mph, used to jump out of the front at WOT!! Fun Fun.

I could be tempted into a nice open bow go-faster. Heck, put a couple of cutie-tooty-fruities up there and the view from the helm gets even better.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Reckless thanks for reminding me about the ride up front in ruff water

Quick Reply: Mid-cabins ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.