Notices

Hummer H2 - Any problems?

Old 02-25-2003, 06:37 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I am waiting for the Duramax in the 3/4 Suvurban myself !!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Sydwayz Too

I love both hummers, H1 and H2. But, the real deal is that H2 is only a cool looking truck that has the military look but does not perform as tough as its look. The real one is H1 which is in around 100K. There are some people who don't mind spending that much for a truck, but the ride is as rough as h**l. Brian has convinced me of not getting an H2. But I still think they look cool.

It is just my opinion, I might be wrong!!

Neda

Last edited by Sydwayz Too; 02-25-2003 at 07:33 PM.

Old 02-25-2003, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unlike my boat, my truck doesn't like the water.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, OK, I tried to post a pic of my truck but the file was too large and I don't know how to reduce it. Oh well.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Drove an H2 for a couple of days. Visibility was fine. Maybe not Honda CRV kind of fine, but fine nonetheless.

Motor is a 6.0 and has adequate oomph. Not quick like a 6.0 Escalade, but adequate if not towing. If you want more, Whipple has you covered. Would be great with a DMax.

Pitiful fuel economy, but no worse than a fulltime 4WD 3/4 ton Suburban 6.0 with big tires (wonder why).

It's got plenty of gawk-power in the brighter colors, especially.

If somebody told me that I had to choose a $50,000 6-person fullsize SUV then I'd be torn between an H2 and an Escalade. If I wanted to be looked at, I'd definitely buy the H2.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold 2 this last month. In Orange County there is a 4 month dealer back order and they are selling at $7K above sticker. Nice truck though!
Old 02-26-2003, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already have a 10 MPG gas Excursion. If I were going to spend 50K on a new truck, I'd buy a new X with the PSD and every other possible option before they stop making it.
It will tow more than the H2.
It will carry more people than the H2.
Might not ride as well, but I can live with that.
Not to mention, based on my past GM experiences, they'd have to hold a gun to my head to get me to spend $50K on one of their trucks.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:55 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 943 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally posted by obnoxus
I am waiting for the Duramax in the 3/4 Suvurban myself !!!!!!!!
I dont think it will happen from what i have heard on some other truck forums, they (GM) would have to modify the firewall, and the motor mounts to fit the Duramax/Allison combo in the burbans. From what i have heard the firewall would have to be moved back taking away leg room and the engine dropped about 2" to fit. I dont think GM would be willing to redesign the burbans just to fit this engine combo....it would be the cats a$$ though!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

The PSD Excursion is a good ride.

I don't like the odd tailgate door setup and don't like the spare in the cargo area when you get the big tank.

Rides like crap unless you're pulling a heavy load (that's where it shines brightly).

I have heard that there is a 1 1/2" lift "smoothride" kit out there that doesn't affect the towing capacity. If I were looking at the Excursion, I'd want to ride in one of these (with the kit) before I bought one.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:43 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear that the transmissions aren't the best unit. They could have gone another step. This is what I heard. Other than that I'd like to have one ...or two

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 - Any problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.