Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How do you justify the gas? >

How do you justify the gas?

Notices

How do you justify the gas?

Old 03-28-2002, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

100 BUCKS two weekends cruise at 4 grand,have alot of fun,alot more fun than one game of golf,and i dont play. these mercs dont like gas im lucky tripps
Old 03-29-2002, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in a pinch to pickup my new boat and my chevy 1/2 ton was NOT up to the task of hitching up to 10 thousand pounds of boat and going about 330 miles north to connecticut to pick her up
Bought the truck and 4 days later I was off to pickup the boat

funny though, soon to be wife *****es about me spending money but she is the one that called me one day and said,
"Would a F350 be a truck that can handle what you need?"
I said "Hell yes, why? you know someone or something?"

She said there is one in the paper for 5 grand
Bought it next night for 4300

Now I know why it was so cheap
get this, it is fuel injected as well to boot LMAO

also to boot, bastard needs High Test 93-94 to tow cause if not, she pings out the ass even on highway
so not only do i get 3 mpg towing, ***** needs the most expensive gas available

The DAY my trans am is paid off, Im taking this truck, trading her in on a 2001-2002 F350 turbo diesel 4x4 dually crew cab and maybe my payments will be in the 400-480 range and Im a happy camper

You guys find it tough to get a station that sells diesel?
Not too many around here that I know of
Jason
Old 03-29-2002, 07:57 AM
Registered

without a doubt diesel is the way to go!!!! but these people are sticking it to us!!!! it usually goes up in may here we are in march it went from 1.31 for 87 to 1.45 what the fu__ is that all about??? what will happen come memorial day????
Old 03-29-2002, 08:02 AM
Registered

gas prices have gone up because of the spring/summer coming, we as a country use more in spring,summer than we do in winter so they charge us more for the higher consumption and more refining that has to be done
also OPEC or whatever has cut production (as per usual) so that they can get more money per barrel.
(this is what the news said a few days ago)
that is why over the past 2 weeks prices have gone higher in that time period than ever in history
and ya know what, that is NOT going to stop me from being out on the water jamming with the waves and having the time of my life
yeah ill be pissed as **** at the gas station with the boat on the trailer (you should see the gas station people HATE me)
screw it, my money is just as green as the next (too bad I stick a knife in their side for 200 gallons though)
Dont care, the truck sucks ass and Ill have to do something about that in the next 2 years but hey, screw it
I have my thirsty mercrusiers to play with and IM going to have the summer of my life
Jason
Old 03-29-2002, 09:57 AM
jokerswild

I've got a 100gal tank, but who cares when the boat is paid for! Its all bout havin fun in da sun!