Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hawks Cay Resort - Feedback Requested >

Hawks Cay Resort - Feedback Requested

Notices

Hawks Cay Resort - Feedback Requested

Old 02-27-2003, 10:55 AM
Wild Horses

Question Hawks Cay Resort - Feedback Requested

We are in the Keys in March and were considering staying at Hawk’s Cay Resort for a day or two. Can someone offer some feedback on the accommodations and activities the resort offers?

The dockage is a little pricey, $3.50 per foot, then on top of that to stay in a room!!! Do they offer boaters discount packages if you take a room and arrive by boat?

I wanted so input before I contact them.

Thanks.
Trevor

Old 02-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up N-I-C-E place!

I stopped by for lunch one day a year or so ago and was very impressed with the place, the service and the food. They have lots of different levels of accomodations, from basic rooms all the way up to suites condos, and villas. Unfortunately, you are stopping by in the middle of peak season, so the rates are a little stiff. I'd say that you will get what you pay for - very nice place. Formula has done a few of their Owners Rendezvous events there, so that should tell you something.

I'm trying to get a group together for an informal "roundup" there next fall (October 2004) if anyone else is interested.....
Old 02-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice, we stayed there on the way back from key west a couple of years ago and was very impressed, expensive but worth it.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were just there on Sat. for a cocktail stop. Great place! Get in touch with Rice Hauler, he seams to know the inside track at that place.
Robert
Old 02-27-2003, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ron P has also recently stayed there and liked it very much....I've been through the place..it's beautiful....

Old 02-27-2003, 12:59 PM
DJD
Registered

I've been there on my Cigarette with the Fl Powerboat Club on several occasions.
Very nice place!
They have a couple of restaurants & cocktail places on site & the lagoon is great to relax by & have a cold frozen drink.
The hotel rooms are not bad & the marina condos are new and very nice. I hear the hotel rooms were redone recently.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Registered

Location: Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach and Punta Gorda, FL
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

As all said, a very nice place with accomodations for all. It will be pricey that time of year. We took the Cigarette there this New Years and I believe gas was $3.63 (might be more now with oil prices). You might want to think of day trips from there through the upper Abacos. Beautiful sights and good places for all types of water activities.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:30 PM
Registered

It's very nice but if your going in a boat Little Palm Hut. It's on the south side of the 7 mile bridge. If your going by car you need to take the ferry boat. No car only beach, food, rooms, boats and drinks. Craig
Old 02-27-2003, 04:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We spent the weekend there this past Jan in a villa. It was great! The place was empty. The service was excellent. The dolphins were friendly. We would go back again and again.

There are some pictures of my stay at www.dkorinc.homestead.com
click in "general piscture gallery"

Frank F.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Registered

Very nice place. Stayed there a few yrs ago

Quick Reply: Hawks Cay Resort - Feedback Requested

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.