Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Profile or Bayliner

Old 03-06-2003, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch! goody76: are you refering to htm?
Old 03-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Goody76

maybe, not to put other builders down but these guys post alot of negative reviews about builders and don't look at the track record.

Old 03-06-2003, 09:06 AM
Tom McCann

WTC,
I am in sales and I am very good with people. As soon as I said I was from Ny state he started in on me. I believe there was more to it than I knew. I know that he and my dealer were having problems because he made that very clear, but you know what there was no exuse for his actions towards me.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Profile or Bayliner

Upper NY State, I assume.

Originally Posted by Tom McCann
WTC,
I am in sales and I am very good with people. As soon as I said I was from Ny state he started in on me. I believe there was more to it than I knew. I know that he and my dealer were having problems because he made that very clear, but you know what there was no exuse for his actions towards me.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom McCann
I can finish this. I sold my brand new profile. I can speak from experience. I bought a brand new profile in 1996. I used it for one season and it needed alot of work. I dont want to slam profile becauses he is just a guy who likes boats and is trying to make a living, but I can not excuse the behavior of Randy Shultz when I personaly spoke to him on the phone about the problems with my boat. When I told him about the problems with the boat he statred to use profane language towards me and blamed me and everyone on the east cost that owns a profile that it was our fault with the problems. He also gave me details about the relationship between him and my dealer that I needed not to hear. In short he would not back his boat and I had to have my dealer arrange to fix the boat locally. Pretty good for a boat I bought brand new with a 5 year hull warranty. I should of just bought a used boat and took a chance. I was not the only one with problems with profile. There were 6 other people in my area that bought them and all of them had hull problems. Sorry to seem so digruntled about the situation but you know what, I am a very fare person and easy to get along with if that phone call I made to Randy went differantly I would not be so negative towards profile.

Tom, please contact me about your experience. [email protected]. We share a common experience, and I intend to stop it from happening to someone else.

270-554-0720
Old 02-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

I have ridden in two Profiles. A 28 cat with a 875 and a 29 with a 525. Both nice boats. I also love to go tubbin behind my buddies bayliner. So I cant say anything bad about either company.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Registered

take a good look at the lines on deck/strakes ect ect are there any stright ones? wtc .that cat is an old red line mold that randy got about 12 yrs ago. my 27 fell apart and the repair was even worse. enough said
Old 02-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought the cat hull was redone in 2000 or 2002?(I can't remember). There were a couple in our area and they looked like a nice boat. They definitely performed very well.

I have heard some things about the quality in the 90s.

Obviously there are better quality boats out there but they seem to be a good bang for the buck.

I think Caincando1 toured the plant and was very impressed with the facility and the boats.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Registered

Why bring back a three year-old thread???
Old 02-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

I would guess that something triggered it. I have no love lost to seeing it.

Quick Reply: Profile or Bayliner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.