Bayliner
61.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Profile or Bayliner

Old 02-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Profile or Bayliner

good looking boat J. I like the gray and blue. I used to have an old mustang with those colors.

will send further discussions off line..........
Old 03-02-2008, 10:30 PM

Default Profile or Bayliner response

In response to Profile vs. Bayliner, they are really two different types of boats. Profile is more sport power driven whereas Bayliner is a run-about in this class size. Personally, I owned a 2005 304V that I purchased brand new. I had a small problem with two small stress cracks my first season and I did get Profile to take care of them. You can not even see where they repaired them. Yes, Randy does come off at first as not really customer friendly, but after I spent an entire morning in Iowa with Randy, I think I understand him better. He is not a sales person - he is a boat builder. He took the time to take me through the small factory in Iowa and it turned out to be a pretty neat experience.

I really feel the newer Profiles are better than the 90's models. I got many, many compliments on my '05. Just to set the record straight, Jim Barnacle Sr. and Jim Barnacle, Jr. purchased Profile from Randy in April or May of 2005. The Barnacles have kept Randy on to run the Iowa facility, but there is a brand new facility for Profile boats in Wisconsin which is where the Barnacles have their corporate office. I have spoken with Jim Jr. on the phone and he is a very customer friendly person.

Just setting the record straight. Profile is a good boat.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First Post?
Old 03-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by outriggers
First Post?
interesting place to make a first post... had to drag that poll up from a long, long time ago..... musta looked for a long time...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Registered

After reading this thread this morning I would like very much to add that Tom Mcann the guy that earlier on in this that everyone was questioning is one of the 26s that was in my area and I know of his problems first hand. His deck came apart the 1st year as he was using it and as he said Randy blamed it on him as he did with me and my 27. I guess his Offshore Performance Boats were only meant for west coast user's. Our inland rivers and lakes are just to rough for them I guess. Sure is funny how this old thing just popped up.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Registered

Profile boats were junk. Hopefully the new owners will change the company. They might of been good for rivers or small lakes. Thier hulls were very weak. Randy was an asz and in my opinion will always be. Very unproffesional. Did not stand behind his work. I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy his company after what he has done. I like the looks of the boats but I do not understand when peoples commits on here says they used quality materials. Not even close. I have not owned a Bayliner so I can't compare but inm my opinion they are Kmart boats along with Profile.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by laramy
In response to Profile vs. Bayliner, they are really two different types of boats. Profile is more sport power driven whereas Bayliner is a run-about in this class size. Personally, I owned a 2005 304V that I purchased brand new. I had a small problem with two small stress cracks my first season and I did get Profile to take care of them. You can not even see where they repaired them. Yes, Randy does come off at first as not really customer friendly, but after I spent an entire morning in Iowa with Randy, I think I understand him better. He is not a sales person - he is a boat builder. He took the time to take me through the small factory in Iowa and it turned out to be a pretty neat experience.

I really feel the newer Profiles are better than the 90's models. I got many, many compliments on my '05. Just to set the record straight, Jim Barnacle Sr. and Jim Barnacle, Jr. purchased Profile from Randy in April or May of 2005. The Barnacles have kept Randy on to run the Iowa facility, but there is a brand new facility for Profile boats in Wisconsin which is where the Barnacles have their corporate office. I have spoken with Jim Jr. on the phone and he is a very customer friendly person.

Just setting the record straight. Profile is a good boat.
I know nothing of the new people at all. I wish them luck in trying to over come the history.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Registered

Default profile

i have a 2003 900 hp 28 ft cat and i luv it u hav to go with the profile
Old 06-20-2008, 03:28 PM
rjr
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have owned 2 Bayliners. You can't get more boat for the money, BUT you get what you pay for. Less power, wallpaper, stapled together plywood furniture, 7/8 screwed together rails. Lots of plastic in places stainless would be better. Wide flat hull gives decent speed for the power and a lot of room inside, BUT a horrible ride in anything rougher than flat water. OK in lakes and rivers but absolutely S--ks in Long Is Sound

I bought my first one because I thought I was a sailer and wanted to shut my wife up. No excuse for the second one except to say that I wanted a Flybridge and it was cheap.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

You get alot of boat for your money with a Bayliner. Have you ever been on a 325?

Quick Reply: Profile or Bayliner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.