Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poll: For or against losing 2 days of posts for 1 post? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44959-poll-against-losing-2-days-posts-1-post.html)

G-Force 03-10-2003 11:57 AM

Poll: For or against losing 2 days of posts for 1 post?

Okay...I'm curious. Had it been put to a vote, which way might it have gone?
Would the majority have voted that 1 post, which was taken down by the author of the post worth losing 2 days of posts?

Board Gods - you can POOF this poll or not, I'm just curious what the members would have voted for. Maybe you'll be interested too.

G-Force 03-10-2003 12:12 PM

22 views and NO ONE has an opinion one way or another?:confused:
You guys leave your balls at home today?;)

ScottB 03-10-2003 12:14 PM

I voted for the 2 days of posts vs the 1 post

Rippem 03-10-2003 12:17 PM

See my post "taxation without representation" I voted and I posted 'cause my balls are right here with me! :D

G-Force 03-10-2003 12:17 PM

Whoops....forgot to vote in my own poll - which is why I couldn't see any results!
Sometimes I am such an idiot....:eek: :rolleyes:

Okay...you guys all brought your balls with you - I seem to have simply left my brain at home. Oy vay...

CigDaze 03-10-2003 12:23 PM

No

388Hustler 03-10-2003 12:24 PM

I don't hold much faith in the polls on OSO. I've seen too much "manipulation" with them.

Thirsty Turtle 03-10-2003 12:26 PM

Bring it back

I voted to bring it back. OSO said we'd lose a couple days worth of posts, but I thought it would be only to the APACHE thread.

The thread is a masterpiece IMHO.

Bruce

G-Force 03-10-2003 12:27 PM

Originally posted by 388Hustler
I don't hold much faith in the polls on OSO. I've seen too much "manipulation" with them.
What type of manipulation?

388Hustler 03-10-2003 12:34 PM

Manipulated to reach a certain outcome... Who knows, maybe I have imagined things. I don't even know how anyone could do it. Did you see the Cig/Apache poll? It was in the low 100's for weeks and jumped to 300 or something crazy overnight...

Cord 03-10-2003 12:43 PM

I kinda view it as water over the dam. Spilled milk. A wet kitty...

PhantomChaos 03-10-2003 12:48 PM

Originally posted by G-Force
Whoops....Sometimes I am such an idiot....:eek: :rolleyes:

No comment. :D :D :D :D

Biggus 03-10-2003 12:50 PM

I could care less:D

Does the two days of mindless drivel really matter???

Sorry, but thats how I feel:p

Relax guys, spring is right around the corner!

Kurt

G-Force 03-10-2003 12:50 PM

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
No comment. :D :D :D :D
Been waiting a long time for that, haven't you!!??:D

Steve_H 03-10-2003 12:55 PM

there IS a way to vote as many times as you like.......but im not tellin ;)

KCHOTBOAT 03-10-2003 12:57 PM

There where some very important pictures lost in the uncensored section. Now what is Tanned Fat going to do at the fire station?

G-Force 03-10-2003 12:58 PM

Originally posted by lotoparty

there IS a way to vote as many times as you like.......but im not tellin ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rippem 03-10-2003 01:01 PM

Biggus..I take offense to the idea that Velocity history/pics and our Powerboat Club Forum discussing upcoming meetings and events with members....is "mindless drivel" :mad:

Rippem 03-10-2003 01:06 PM

KCHOTBOAT....I also (you as well I suspect) don't consider XCAV8's, BayouOutlaw's, and my own uncensored postings...mindless drivel! Certianly not mindless..I've put alot of time THINKING about some of those posts. :crazy:

NW_Jim 03-10-2003 01:35 PM

I apparently lost a PM and responses sent to someone selling some props that are not even posted anymore. I don't have an opinion on the decisions made for this site as I run my own and sometimes these decisions are not easy. I hope the person with the props re-posts. I cannot even remember his user name right now. He had a pair of 24p Bravo props I really need.:(

florida gator 03-10-2003 01:55 PM

Originally posted by Biggus
I could care less:D

Does the two days of mindless drivel really matter???

Sorry, but thats how I feel:p

Relax guys, spring is right around the corner!

Kurt

To some of us some very informative and worthwhile posts were sacrificed for mindless drivel.

magnuman 03-10-2003 01:55 PM

I figures.
The first time in a long time that I post a long response , which probably took me about a half hour to put together, gets lost.

But, I guess it was just mindless drivel anyway!:D

Turbojack 03-10-2003 02:48 PM

The damage has been done. I think I or some other sql guru's could have recovered the deleted thread from the 2 day old saved database. I am not so sure I would want to do the work required to recover the 2 days that are missing now from all the new threads, PM's, posts & etc. even if that was saved. Since OSO thought is was so inportant to save the one thread I now hope they now have a trash basket where it will be easier for them to recover deleted data instead of going back 2 days.

cigarette1 03-10-2003 03:55 PM

Phuk It ..... do another restore and lose this thread.:rolleyes:

Steve 1 03-10-2003 03:58 PM

Seems to me you guys should complain to the Idiot who deleted the thread in the first place not OSO !!:mad:

Steve 1 03-10-2003 04:03 PM

And while on the subject losing what??? some bull**** posted by the world’s biggest corkscrewed spine Imbecile Cat??So What!!:p

florida gator 03-10-2003 04:08 PM

That idiot has the right, as all of us do, to delete a thread that he started. The rest of us have done nothing but our normal day to day surfing and have been penalized.

It's obvious by your avatar why you stand behind what has happened.

Steve 1 03-10-2003 04:19 PM

Gator bear with me for a second here That thread has a lot of input by a lot of people.

I myself have maybe close to 300 post's in the two halves!

And to continue most of them were essay type on top of that Now to extrapolate further I Personally really like the Apache Boats as for my job again I love the work and Yes this is personal with me..

You need to look further at why this thread was started and for what reason the attempt to delete it..

in closing it was not Mr dummy's to delete it belonged to all of us..

Strip Poker 388 03-10-2003 04:24 PM

Nort just wishes the thread on him being short was in there?

florida gator 03-10-2003 04:37 PM

Steve, I don't take any of that away from you. Likewise, I'm sure there were at least 2-300 posts from many different topics, with many different members that have been deleted.

Foe those like me, who are not very computer literate, a simple post like this can be as difficult and time consuming as an essay to others.

I appreciate most of the info I have picked up here and I don't mean to offend anyone here. I just don't agree with the way things were handled.

WARPAINT 03-10-2003 05:03 PM

What Steve 1 said !!!!!!!;)

G-Force 03-10-2003 05:30 PM

in closing it was not Mr dummy's to delete it belonged to all of us..

I have a question:
So if I initiate a thread, and people respond, I then lose the right to delete it (and at least have it stay deleted)?
What am I missing here?:confused: :confused:

WARPAINT 03-10-2003 05:35 PM

OSO told us they did it to save the most popular, and most active thread in oso history.Sounds like a fairly reasonable explanation to me:rolleyes:

G-Force 03-10-2003 05:41 PM

Originally posted by WARPAINT
OSO told us they did it to save the most popular, and most active thread in oso history.Sounds like a fairly reasonable explanation to me:rolleyes:
Wonderful...I think you're being a little shortsighted on what I was asking.
Now, does anyone have an answer to my question?
I didn't ask why the holiest of holy threads was brought back to life...I asked at what point the person who initiated the thread lost his right to delete it.

WARPAINT 03-10-2003 05:46 PM

G FORCE, no i dont have the answer to your question but maybe leopajm has some insight on all of this:rolleyes:

G-Force 03-10-2003 05:55 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
Oh.....and I see the frigging poll has been manipulated again.

If nothing else, can we at least get fool proof polls? Hell, nothing around here has much credibility anymore.

I gotta agree...the poll was running a steady 4:1 all day long. Now suddenly all the Apache owners must have rushed home and voted....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe all you voters could just voice your opinions as well as vote in the poll. I'd certainly like to see THOSE results - can't fake that.
And as for my vote - one thread for a clique vs. 2 days worth for everyone else? What do YOU think?:rolleyes:

Steve 1 03-10-2003 06:03 PM

G-Force I saw 689 views on this thread…. also the Apache thread has been here not just “2” days but since July of last year and we all spent time on it?? Then someone goes on the rag and deletes it?? Not right my friend not at all .

Let’s put it this way I personally could not do that !!

NASTY HABIT 03-10-2003 06:09 PM

the thread starter should have been blocked form deleting the thread long ago .....but what do I know...I voted NO

G-Force 03-10-2003 06:10 PM

What I meant by "2 days" was everyone losing their posts/threads for 2 days so that a certain clique of people could have their thread ressurected again. 2 days of posts lost - not just on the GD board...but on all the boards here.

And again...just because you may have contributed to it - doesn't make it yours. If someone had a temper tantrum and took his bat and ball home with him, too bad.
Yes...too bad for all and it sucks, I agree. And no, it's not something I would ever do either.
BUT IT WAS HIS THREAD TO BEGIN WITH. That point is simple, clear and irrefutable.

G-Force 03-10-2003 06:12 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
Steve, how about giving me the name of five other threads that have been deleted by the thread starter that were brought back?

I'm listening......

Let alone at the expense of two days worth of other posts.

But I got a serious suggestion..... MOVE THE APACHE POST TO THE APACHE SECTION OF THE FORUM

And take the Cig thread with ya!:D