Notices

Boating While Pregnant

Old 03-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Angel

Default Boating While Pregnant

OK...I am going to try to post this one more time...

Thank you to everyone who responded. I had no idea so many people would. This is a whole other world I didn’t know existed!

I also want to apologize to all of the ladies, especially those who responded, for addressing the husbands in my post. My husband set everything up for me to post and he actually posted my original question. I hope I didn’t offend anyone!

Cyndi…My doctor did not give me any reason. He just said ‘no’ to boating. I am going to ask again at my next appointment. I did have to be on fertility drugs to get pregnant and I had a miscarriage very early in the pregnancy in August 2002. So maybe he is just being very cautious since it has taken nearly a year to get pregnant.

Rorry…It is nice to hear that your wife, a physician, did go boating. I wouldn’t expect to go in rough, or even moderately rough, water. And I don’t expect to go the speeds that my husbands boat, a 24 ft. Pantera, is capable. I agree that standing is better. I prefer that anyway.

Pantera24-650HP (my husband)…Nice try!!! I am going to have to veto the 20 year old bikini models. Anyway, you should be happy that on any given day I can comfortable wear a thong…although maybe not this summer!!!

Tbikini and h20warrior…Thank you both. I am also very active. I do high impact aerobic activities, lift weights and have run marathons. So, as long as we take it easy, I don’t understand how that is much different. My doctor also said to keep my heart rate under 140 which has been very difficult. I am probably only doing 50% of my normal intensity to keep it under 140. The ride on our boat is pretty stable and smooth. And there is not much bouncing where we boat either. I am sure I will adjust things depending upon how I feel as things progress. I am only 8 week pregnant now (Due October 18) and don’t feel much different yet. Thank you for all of your input and advice. I am glad to hear that everything went well for you.

Thanks again to everyone. It is nice to be able to talk to others about this. Especially since we haven’t told any family or friends about the pregnancy yet.

Old 03-10-2003, 10:12 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about getting pregnant while boating!

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 03-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Registered

all i have to say is......Never touched her.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:06 AM
Angel

Very funny guys!!! The rest of the peanut gallery need not respond.

By the way, the getting pregnant while boating has been tried more than once!

Old 03-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Registered

was only trying to keep it on top for you......just another way to "ttt" the thread.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Angel

I would have to say listen to the Dr.

Given your previous complications I would suggest she has given you sound advice.

Best of luck.

Wannabe
Old 03-11-2003, 05:06 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Peanut Gallery..................Little Miss 3 posts!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 05:14 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Originally posted by Angel
Very funny guys!!! The rest of the peanut gallery need not respond.

By the way, the getting pregnant while boating has been tried more than once!
As a card carrying member, ne one of the founding fathers of the OSO Peanut Gallery, I must ask: 1) Who was throttling? and, 2)how high were the seas? and, 3) Was it the size of the ship or the motion of the ocean?

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 03-11-2003, 05:34 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Good Questions!!! You are a lawyer aren't you!!!?
Old 03-12-2003, 08:15 AM
Angel

Rough crowd! I was only goofing around!!!!

Quick Reply: Boating While Pregnant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.