Notices

Old race boats ??

Old 03-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

JJones,
I think I have some photos of your boat from the origianl Hennesy/Benihanna Grand Prix.
One of the interesting stories about your boat was that during one of the NJ Races, the thottle cable became disconnected, so Smitty (Smith) tied them so the boat ran at full throttle for the remainder of the race. Obviously the boat was taking some wild leaps for the remainder of the race.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:53 PM
merlin540

I BOUGHT THE OLD 32 SKATER NAMED AGITATOR I AM SURE YOU GUYS ALL KNOW THIS ONE. IT WILL RACE THIS YEAR IN EITHER P1 OR PX IN THE APBA. IT WAS A LOT OF FUN RESTORING THE BOAT TO AS NEW CONDITION

Old 03-19-2003, 12:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here`s some
Attached Thumbnails Old race boats ??-benihana400.jpg  
Old 03-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

more
Attached Thumbnails Old race boats ??-betty-cook-1.jpg  
Old 03-19-2003, 12:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

heres more
Attached Thumbnails Old race boats ??-benni.jpg  
Old 03-19-2003, 01:49 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Robert,
Your just a regular Offshore Historian. This guy knows where all the old race boats are located!!!!!!! This guy has more offshore history in his head then most of the books that have been written to date.

DPT

Last edited by DPT MOTORSPORTS; 03-19-2003 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Bulldog,

I remember seeing the "Soxcess" Scarab up at lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire about 10 yrs ago. It was at Channel Marine in Laconia, If I remember right, the owner donated the boat to some charity for a tax deduction???

Cool piecs of history!!!

Jonesj,

your boat must be the one sold on ebay a couple months back. I had been following it! Would have loved to bought it, but it`s better that you did! How about some more pics!!!!!!

Kurt
Old 03-19-2003, 07:03 PM
jonesj

Thanks for the info. and picks. I will have to post some pics here soon. Thanks James

Old 03-19-2003, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Biggus-

Yup- that's right. It went from Hirshberg to Associated Marine, an outfit that helps rehabilitate 'ornery young un's' as we say down here.

I am hoping to put together a 'timeline' of when and where it was. I am REALLY curious about the time frame when it was run as the Michelob Light boat.

I think I saw it at the LA Superdome boat show. I was at the show in spring 1982 and remember seeing an offshore raceboat on display, but not sure if it was the Michelob light boat. I do think the hull was white- the advertisement jpeg I have shows the hull quite well. I remember looking at it thinking 'that lucky SOB.....'

Thanks for the help, and keep it coming. The boat comes out of hibernation this weekend, so maybe I can post pics.

Thanks again!
Bulldog aka Ronnie
Old 03-20-2003, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bulldog,

I have a Michelob press release for the Betty Cook scarab. Several black and white photo's (one of the boat running, one of Betty and Bernie Little, others), and some letters describing the history of the racing season.

I will dig out the press packet tonight and scan some of the photos and letters.

Quick Reply: Old race boats ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.