Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45803-if-wasnt-bad-luck-i-would-have-no-luck-all.html)

Audiofn 03-20-2003 10:30 PM

Vagrant that just plain takes the fun right out of new ownership. Sorry for the problems you are having. Lets hope that a rough start means many many hours of trouble free boating!!!! :D:D

If those manifolds are no good for your motors due to your cam but they are not bad get me some info on them. I may be interested in them. Could maybe take some of the sting out of this.

Jon

OldSchool 03-21-2003 03:56 PM

David,
Any updates to report?

Craig

MitchStellin 03-21-2003 04:55 PM

Oh yes it can be worse. I bought a Donzi with bad stringers, bulkheads and motors. The dealer gave me a survey and whited out the page number, then put new ones on and I missed the bad stuff until the insurance company called and said "did you fix all this?" and i said what? they faxed the real one and I about died. A year long law suit and hundreds of hours gutting the boat and then rebuilding it and I was out $15,000 in repairs. The boat had been repainted and it was my first experience with offshore boats. I didn't find this site until it was too late or you guys would have never let me buy it. Never again. I bankrupted the dealer and then he died on a lawn mower so now I can sleep at night. I know I won't see him again because i am not going to Hell:D

vagrant 03-21-2003 09:02 PM

Thanks for the thoughts guys,, Well the engines are off to the machine shop and the heads are on there way for there rebuilding. Testing should be in about 3 weeks . I have come to terms with my problems on the motors. The thing that really pisses me off is we had the boat surveyed and asked the surveyor to compression check the engines, for some reason he decided not to do it. I GUESS I should have pressed him on that issue. Its not like I didn't my homework on this. I still believe in a mans word should be worth something so I took them for it and got bit. Definitely a lessoned to be learned . But I have also found out that just because a boat is new does not mean you want have problems either. So I guess I am thankful that I found out what I did so we can correct the problems and have a good boating season.
David

Dock Holiday 03-21-2003 09:28 PM

That the spirit Dave!

I know what you mean about peoples word though. It sucks!
I have a couple of thoughts I will share with you tomorrow.

See you in the morning, have you studied for the test?

We are going to drop Dock in the water Sunday, hope you guys are up for another ride!

AIRTIME 03-22-2003 07:56 AM

dave call me I can give you mifo on my rebuild, wet to 600hp at 5050rpm tq625 at4729rpm top hp 647 at 6000. I use stainless marine dry pipes iskey cam dart intakehp500,850 bg carb. 2yrs no problems go around the docks ART 5082308607 OR 6173201496CELL WHY STAY AT 500HP FOR THE SAME CAKE YOU COULD HAVE 575TO650HP:D :D

lucy 03-23-2003 02:30 AM

next time buy without power, power it your self and take out the guess work.

airtime 2 years = how many hours?

Luv-N-It 05-01-2003 12:50 PM

Can you share...

Where did you buy this boat if you can share that? It may help others not going through the same thing. PM me if you like. I would like to stay clear of this place if you bought from a dealer!!