Were do you keep your anchor?

Notices

Were do you keep your anchor?

Old 03-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

43Thunder,

Nice boat! Is it new? I will introduce myself the next time I see you. Where do you put in? I didn't stick around Tim's long. I was in the mood to do some running but the river was a mess.

Dave M.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave M.
Thank you. It is new to us but a 1998. Right now we are keeping her on a trailer at Goose Bay. We were going to get a lift over on the Bay but are rethinking that because we want to do more Poker Runs and trailering to different places. Yes, the River was a MESS on Saturday!

To answer your original thread question, the Black Thunder has an anchor locker in the bow. But on the 42 Sonic we had, we kept two anchors in the side compartments in the cockpit.

Look forward to meeting you. Have a safe summer.

Patti and Bill
Old 03-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I donated an anchor to the Potomac River a few years ago. While anchored at Fairview, fell asleep on the sunpad soaking up some rays. Was strangely awakened by a large shadow taking the sun away that as I turned over, I expected an airliner to be passing over (flight path to Reagan National Airport). Opened eyes, and rolled over, and low and behold we had drifted under the bow of some 50 foot fricking cruiser, and the pulpet was about 18 inches in front of my nose. In one single motion, I rolled across the bolsters, dropped the drive, and fired, and moved out in a hurry. We were lucky not to collide.

Come to find out the turnbuckle on the end of my line, attaching to the anchor had snapped clean off.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 03-25-2003 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting story there Sydwayz.

I keep mine in the under deck ski locker. I have nothing else to store there anyway. I do have a smaller second anchor that I keep in a storage bin in the engine compartment.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a guy make me a holder. It has a tube welded to a base plate. I flip the anchor upside down and side the rod thingie into the tube. A bungie cord holds it in place.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

43Thunder

Did you run the Poker run last year at Tim's? We stayed overnight tied to the dock at Tim's after the run and the next morning there was a beautiful Black Thunder anchored a few hundred feet out. Then we went to Leesylvania to gas up and saw it again. Was that you?
Old 03-25-2003, 12:41 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

In the toilet.............Ok I'll explain, have you ever heard that you don't $hit where you sleep........well my porta potti was under the v-berth, key word WAS. Now I have 4 bathroom's in my house

I bought some very dense padding, can't remember exactly what it was used for, about 1 1/2 - 2" thick. Cut this to fit the 4 sides and the bottom of where my $hitter used to be. Works great and keeps it out of the way. Luckily we raft up alot of boats and I'm always late so the anchors are out already!!
Old 03-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Thanks for the anchor suggestions. Keep them coming. I think if I cut an inch or two off the end of my anchor it will store easier. I took some small pieces of PVC pipe and put them over the ends of the anchor so they are less likely to damage something.

Hey Shah Mat,

Did you get out Saturday? There is another 43 BT on the river called Absolut ??

43thunder,

Herndon to Goose Bay?? What a hike! I'll probably see you down at Goose Bay. I put in there often.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shah Mat,
No, unfortunately that was not us. We just got the Black Thunder in November. We didn't do any Poker Runs last year (and will not do the Potomac River Poker Run).

If you see us, please introduce yourself.

Patti and Bill
Attached Thumbnails Were do you keep your anchor?-black-thunder03.jpg  
Old 03-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

Good story Brian. I too donated my small mushroom (I carry 2) anchor to a cove in Potomac Creek while we were skiing behind my buddies Mastercraft. I was in his boat and said to myself "Dam it looks like my boat has moved." It was in about 5 ft of water but we couldn't find it. We always anchor in the same spot and a month later, I was walking over to our floating dock and stubbed my toe on something. It was my anchor.......2 days after I had bought another.

Brian when are you and Neda going to get that Sonic Wet?

DaveM,
I keep them under my back seat. One side for my mushroom anchor and fenders, and the other for my storm anchor.

Quick Reply: Were do you keep your anchor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.