Notices

ot:John deere Tractor

Old 04-02-2003, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

My dad has a couple 8N's, 900, two 600's, Fordson steel wheel, and big newer one but I can't remember the model.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:31 AM
C team

Lotoparty,

I have a little over 50 hours on the tractor. I was doing the first service when I also noticed lots of shavings. So far, no problems (knock on wood). I hope it lasts since I will be paying for it for a long time. Hate to try to explain to the wife again why we need a new tractor.

Old 04-02-2003, 08:54 AM
CJC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lotoparty,
It's not a tractor, but I bought a JD snow blower - biggest one they make. I bought it because "nothing runs like a deere". We have always owned JD equipment and they sure take a beating.

But...... recently, their quality has DROPPED. This snow blower has plastic on plastic driving the snow chute -I've already had to replace that once. They use thinner gauge steel for the body now - not like the good old days. Just way too much plastic on such an expensive piece of equipment.

If you don't mind paying for the name, but still want the high quality that goes with it - buy Massey Ferguson!! All companies are trying to cheese out now a-days, but MF hasn't let it affect the integrity of the equipment ..........yet.

CJC
Old 04-02-2003, 12:05 PM
Jeff

No problems like that on our 2 John Deere's.ALTHOUGH TODAY HAS BEEN INTERESTING, one of our guys was digging a lake in a new subdivision we are developing and got the 2.5 yard Kobelco track hoe f'n buried. It was a biotch but between a D7 dozier and me pushing with the bucket it finally started to move. It only took 4 hours with most of our guys up to their a-holes in muck digging with shovels. I'm ready for some Jamaican and a Bacardi and coke. Or maybe a boat ride, ahh damn engines are on garage floor.

Old 04-02-2003, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Loto,
I talked to my friend, who is a service manager at my dealershop, and he said they have run into this twice. The first one they torn completly down and it was fine. Though it is hard for me and even him to believe it is ok by Deere.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Steve_H

boatfreak28 , thanks for looking into it.
it confirms that J D doesnt care enough to make it right.
maybe the power of the internet will cost them some sales.