Notices

Catmando where are you

Old 04-11-2003, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian

I stand by my original post. Some people bring out the worst in others. From your statement, I suppose you feel that I should be gone as well...perhaps you'd like to do a search on some of the topics I've created or participated in...then make that determination. For his part, catmando made some pretty unpatriotic statements at a time when our country needs to be united...I have no use for a person like this.(btw---the particular thread I ma referring to has been deleted)

I would also like to add that until the addition of the Public Affairs forum, the majority of catmando's posts were not boating related and showed up in the General Discussion forum. Additionally, just so there is no confusion, I don't feel one needs to own a boat to participate in this forum...just the passion for the sport that we all share.

Furthermore, please do not speculate on whether catmando has received threatening PMs from others...you have no idea whether this has occurred or not. That comment is uncalled for and leads one to the conclusion that anyone who disagreed with catmando has threatened him in some way. Any heat brought to this man was of his own doing...there's a phrase I'm sure you are aware of and in short is says one should "be prepared to reap what they sow..."
Old 04-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even in exile, he gets a rise. I'm sure he's reading this with a chuckle...............
Old 04-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Risk Taker
Even in exile, he gets a rise. I'm sure he's reading this with a chuckle...............
Just what I was thinking!!!! I want him back...
Old 04-11-2003, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as I know Cat has served in the armed forced. (I could be wrong). And he is no way unpatriotic, if you ever visited the Chat room, you would have known that. There is a post that asked him if he wanted the USA to win this war, his answer "YES." I just think it's time to stop kicking the man while he's down.

If you think about it, I know this is an extreme comparison but, his opinions are only as strong as how some people feel about their Apaches, Cigs, and Fountains. We bash people enough on this board for there love of these boats. We all bring out the popcorn when a Fountain vs. Cig or Apache thread comes up. And those get down and out right nasty.

I would like to see Cat back. (Can't they just put him on probabtion, limit his posts, or something to that extent.) Like any other business, when $ comes into play so does politics (and I mean politics of business). This is all I have to say on this matter anymore.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:50 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

OSO had a reason for doing this (and If they wanted us to know they would tell us).... But I know it has nothing to do with his bashing, politics, beliefs or comments...
Old 04-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Banned

I also disagreed with 99% of his posts, but that's ok, it's his choice to be who he wants to be. It's also OSO's choice to allow who they want to allow to participate. I don't think even he believed half of his rhetoric, but just enjoyed rattling everyone's cages, which he was good at. You have to admit, that even though he's gone, his legend lives on. How many others of us would be even noticed if we were banned? Btw, I think I picked up in chat that it wasn't his veiws that got him banned, but another instance of something to do with a commercial entity without the consent of the board, but I could be wrong.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally posted by Sean
UT is right on the money.

Many of catmando's posts seemed to be aimed at stirring up controversy on subjects not even remotely related to boating. I often wondered why he ever came here in the first place since he didn't even own a boat until recently...

I am no fan of censorship, but in my opinion removing him from the board was a wise decision...and while I enjoy spirited debate, this guy just seemed to bring out the worst in people. The board is far better off with him gone...

Sean
I rarely if ever disagree with my buddy Sean and won't here as well....

This board is not any less effective towards its purpose with Catmando gone.

Just my .02
Old 04-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Registered

Cat rules. He didnt have to say one word, and he got one hell of a thread going here!

Now I dont like to start rumors, but Im pretty sure he is out campaigning right now. I hear he is running for Governor of his state.
Old 04-11-2003, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Love him or hate him, it's gotten a lot less rowdy lately.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:13 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Cat .... I know you're listening .... since I can't BS and slam your Mav's in the Chatroom, I'll do it here.

Mav's Suck !

Lakers own them !!!

You better hope we don't meet up in the 1st round !!!

Did you see the game last night .... well, the Lakers now own the Queens !!!

Lakers Rule ...... 4-Play 4-Peat 4-Sure

Gary

missin' the Cat

Quick Reply: Catmando where are you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.