Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   scammed on e-bay need advice!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47904-scammed-e-bay-need-advice.html)

Biggus 04-17-2003 10:44 AM

I`ve had hundreds of transactions through ebay and hardly ever a problem. One bit of advice for a newcomer to ebay is to make sure to check the feedback rating if the seller before you bid.

Situations like this really really shed a negative light on ebay but definately is not a haven for criminals.

Sorry to see that you got burned.

Kurt.

wannabe 04-17-2003 10:53 AM

26 Sonic

Your beef is with the lady who set up the auction. She has to make good and I would threaten to send the Post Office after her.

The third party scam is rampant on e-bay, though they will not admit it.

Good Luck

Wannabe

HPChick 04-18-2003 08:44 PM

What a drag. I agree with MrOffshore - use PayPal from now on and only send payments to Paypal people who have verified accounts. It sucks that there are these dishonest people out there selling on ebay - it makes it tougher for the rest of us being honest and just trying to make a living. Sorry for all the headaches this person is putting you through, I hope you nail her!

mcollinstn 04-18-2003 11:42 PM

ebay does have a fraud division and I have used it several times to report offenses on both bidders on my auctions that illegally retracted bids and also ones that never delivered merch. They all got bumped from Ebay. So far, I'm out about $40 on all my ebay stuff and with the zillion incredible deals that have worked I guess it ain't bad at all.

enticer 04-19-2003 05:38 AM

Paypal is now owned by E-bay and is no better than e-bay. They will not do anything for you, either one. But you should always us e a credit card. If the deal says no credit card........you can just about count on it being a scam.

mcollinstn 04-20-2003 08:27 PM

Some sellers will allow you to use a credit card if YOU pay the additional transaction fee (around 3%).

26sonic 04-21-2003 04:47 AM

i live in up state ny , how do i get in touch with the u.s. postal inpector? and how do i lodge a complaint on e-bay? seller is supposily going to contact me today about returning my money ???

Cord 04-21-2003 08:05 AM

Stop by your post office. They'll have the paperwork.

doright 04-21-2003 10:37 AM

What you do to avoid getting screwed is: Go on OSO and ask one of yer good buddies who live in the seller's area to actually eyeball the merch before ya pays for it.

Fine Columbian hemp for sale. $300/key. Western union only. Also, please include bank account number and PIN.
Of course we're on the level.

26sonic 04-24-2003 06:59 PM

thanks to everyone for their advice , finally with using some threatining tactics my money showed up today!!!