Notices

Arizona/Havasu boaters

Old 04-20-2003, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona/Havasu boaters

My Fire department is sending me to Phoenix in June to attend a fitness symposium. I'm thinking I might stay a couple of extra days and mix business with pleasure. I've heard so much about this "ditch in the dessert" and how it supposedly can compare with LOTO. I'd like to be the judge of that.

The meetings will be over around noon on Saturday the 28th and and I'll prolly stay till monday or tuesday. How far is Havasu from Phoenix? I'll be staying at the Biltmore. Anyone wanna hook a brotha up on that Sunday? I suppose I could rent a car and drive up there and stay at the lake that Saturday or something?

Just puttin out some feelers, I have to make arangements in a couple of days.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt
Old 04-21-2003, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

There are a couple different ways to go. You can go straight west on the 10 freeway and then 95 north or you can cut across to Kingman on 93 and then south to Havasu. Either way, you’re looking at about 4 hours but 93 is a much more interesting drive. I just did it a couple weeks ago (Phoenix to Vegas).

It may be busy that weekend as it is weekend before July 4th. A lot of people may be rolling in for the week. I may do that as well but am not certain of my 4th of July plans yet. I will see how Memorial Day goes but it may be too much of a zoo. Most of the locals stay off the lake on the big weekends. I have several friends that live there so if I don’t go I may be able to hook you up with them.

Are you flying back out of Phoenix? You may want to look at a puddle jumper back to Phoenix or maybe Vegas.

-Al