Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What To Do About Catmando? >

What To Do About Catmando?

Notices
View Poll Results: Should CATMANDO be allowed to post?
Yes, He wasn't so bad.
48.42%
No way, He gives me a headache.
38.42%
I don't know I'll have to ask the wife!
13.16%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

What To Do About Catmando?

Old 04-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup...Packinass has a point...we don't know the whole story.

I'm sure there is more to it than him being a assbag to some people..okay a lot of people!

Diversity is the key to life's amusement.Gotta remember that!

Let the board God's sort it out.Boy that sounds kinda fitting huh?
Old 04-21-2003, 12:22 PM
Registered

Damn! Just bring back the Cat. His posts cant be any more threatening than some of the nasty fat chicks posted in the uncensored section.

Besides, he was a "Cool Cat" in Chat. If you cant handle reading his posts, there are some great sailboat sites around.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:36 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

This is like "Augusta National" here the Gods should decide what they want with him, they are the ones suffering the biggest consequence when someone breaks the posting rules.

If they let him post then more power to him, we all know what he spews but we don't have to read it (that first amendment thing) as long as he posts where it belongs and not pollute the other areas.

All in all he's a little man who thrives or gets off on putting turds in a punchbowl, and a lot of us fall for it and play right into his hand. If no one would reply to his dubious treads and posts I wonder how long they would last?

But if authorized let him post whatever he wants, that's his right, mine is to ignore the old bitter pu$$y.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:56 PM
Steve_H

Diversity is the key to life's amusement.Gotta remember that!

what Shorgasm said.

wouldnt it be boring around here if everyone agreed all the time.

bring him back.

Old 04-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make him send a case of beer to the first 20 people who vote bring him back!

The world needs a few good idiots! Heck I work with enough of them .
Old 04-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Those of you who like to speak bad about the man have never had a good chat with him. Come into the chatroom and people are different than on the board. It's not censored, so you can say what you want without fear of reprisal, bashing, spam email, etc... Catmando was a real PERSON in the chatroom, full of what I felt was good things to say about nearly everyone of you.

I agree, his banter on the board concerning politics and religion often got past what I feel this board is about. But that would not happen if all of US just ignored those posts. It's said often around here, if you don't like it, don't open it. Don't read it. Simple as that.

I say let him back in, if HE WILL HAVE US.

As for the advertiser thing, I know the whole truth behind the incident, and I can't say it is anything good or bad, it just happened. Seems one advertiser got peeved off (I do not know which advertisor it was, nor do I want to, nor have I asked) because Catman was trying to help out several OSO'ers with a group buy, something many of us have done. Plain and simple.

I'll leave it at that.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I didn't care for some of his political or religous remarks, but, in my book, every one is entitled to an opinion. The way I look at it is this a boating forum and I know many other topics arise on here, some are good and some are not, and he is not the first one to talk about something other than boating, so the presedent was allready set. The desicion should be made by the board Gods, but, I always like to give everyone a second chance, especially after an apology, just my .02.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I say good riddance Cannot even recall one worth while post he made.. BTW freedom of speech applies to us all not just the God-Less Anti American snake group
Old 04-21-2003, 05:46 PM
Registered

Why not suspension followed by probation? Was the offense so egregious that it warrants expulsion??

This board means alot to most of us...I'll bet even more to Catman...give him another chance...why be binary when you can be human...
Old 04-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve 1
[B]I say good riddance Cannot even recall one worth while post he made..

Well I can...............and he never made any personal attacks.
I really don't think he would want to come back. It was comedy
how some people got churned up . He's got his views, different
strokes for different folks!

MEMBER: #1479

[QUOTE] Originally Posted by Catmando
"Thank you, Timucin. But let me also say that I support our troops, and I believe this war will rid the earth of a monster who should have been removed a long time ago. The Iraqi people have suffered long enough, and the Middle East will be the better for removing him. We will get al Qaeda too."

Quick Reply: What To Do About Catmando?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.