Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What To Do About Catmando? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48212-what-do-about-catmando.html)

Erie Desire 04-21-2003 08:45 AM

What To Do About Catmando?

Well here goes. The thread you've all been waiting for. I'm sitting here with plenty of popcorn.

Audiofn 04-21-2003 09:23 AM

I am not sure 100% the reason behind his removal but it did have something as I understood to do with pissing off a advertiser. I guess that as long as he has learned not to do that then I am cool with it. If the advertisers are going to walk however I do not want to have to pay to play if I do not have to.

Jon

BAJA WILL 04-21-2003 09:28 AM

Catmando, I didn't always like what he said but, chit their are others that are just as bad? Actually I haven't seen any of them lately either????

Only one I really hated was that jackass "Super Crash".

WILL:rolleyes:

liquid lounge 04-21-2003 10:07 AM

I say keep him off...politics and religion disussions that he continually propagated never went anywhere and generally just riled people up...there are plenty of other forums out there that would be more up his alley...Look at all the wasted hours this man has used of his life to not even change one heart or mind!!! I think boating was a secondary intrest for him.

Just Say N2O 04-21-2003 10:08 AM

If he could come back and only be allowed to post about boating related topics, then sure.

If not, NO WAY.

Dock Holiday 04-21-2003 10:40 AM

I can take a lot of **** from people. But we live in a country now where it seems that all the values this great nation was founded on are not politically correct anymore.

I have not come on this board bashing "Catmando" in any way, but he take every opportunity to bash everyone else's politics and views on religion.

This is a boating forum and he abuses it.

I could care less if I never hear from him again.

You asked, just my opinion.

mlitefan 04-21-2003 10:45 AM

Cat is an Internet troll. His only purpose in life is to post inflammatory remarks meant to piss people off. He is all about pushing buttons. If he were generally interested in conversation, be it politics or religion, that is one thing. He is/was not. He only intends to inflame. Screw him…

CigDaze 04-21-2003 10:54 AM

I'm with Mlite and Dock.

Tantrum 04-21-2003 11:01 AM

I wish there was an F'off smiley...I would have liked to have said good bye.

packinair 04-21-2003 11:28 AM

my 2 cents is let Steve worry about it and stay out of it. it is not our site but his. we do not know the whole story, nor is it really our concern. if OSO wanted to know out feelings on it I am sure they would ask. that is just my opinion

Shorgasm 04-21-2003 11:47 AM

Yup...Packinass has a point...we don't know the whole story.

I'm sure there is more to it than him being a assbag to some people..okay a lot of people!

Diversity is the key to life's amusement.Gotta remember that!

Let the board God's sort it out.Boy that sounds kinda fitting huh?;)

TEAMBAJA 04-21-2003 12:22 PM

Damn! Just bring back the Cat. His posts cant be any more threatening than some of the nasty fat chicks posted in the uncensored section.

Besides, he was a "Cool Cat" in Chat. If you cant handle reading his posts, there are some great sailboat sites around. :)

GLH 04-21-2003 12:36 PM

This is like "Augusta National" here the Gods should decide what they want with him, they are the ones suffering the biggest consequence when someone breaks the posting rules.

If they let him post then more power to him, we all know what he spews but we don't have to read it (that first amendment thing) as long as he posts where it belongs and not pollute the other areas.

All in all he's a little man who thrives or gets off on putting turds in a punchbowl, and a lot of us fall for it and play right into his hand. If no one would reply to his dubious treads and posts I wonder how long they would last?

But if authorized let him post whatever he wants, that's his right, mine is to ignore the old bitter pu$$y.

Steve_H 04-21-2003 12:56 PM

Diversity is the key to life's amusement.Gotta remember that!

what Shorgasm said.

wouldnt it be boring around here if everyone agreed all the time.

bring him back.

CAP071 04-21-2003 01:23 PM

Make him send a case of beer to the first 20 people who vote bring him back!:D

The world needs a few good idiots! Heck I work with enough of them .:crazy:

Waterfoul 04-21-2003 05:17 PM

Those of you who like to speak bad about the man have never had a good chat with him. Come into the chatroom and people are different than on the board. It's not censored, so you can say what you want without fear of reprisal, bashing, spam email, etc... Catmando was a real PERSON in the chatroom, full of what I felt was good things to say about nearly everyone of you.

I agree, his banter on the board concerning politics and religion often got past what I feel this board is about. But that would not happen if all of US just ignored those posts. It's said often around here, if you don't like it, don't open it. Don't read it. Simple as that.

I say let him back in, if HE WILL HAVE US.

As for the advertiser thing, I know the whole truth behind the incident, and I can't say it is anything good or bad, it just happened. Seems one advertiser got peeved off (I do not know which advertisor it was, nor do I want to, nor have I asked) because Catman was trying to help out several OSO'ers with a group buy, something many of us have done. Plain and simple.

I'll leave it at that.

Jassman 04-21-2003 05:22 PM

I didn't care for some of his political or religous remarks, but, in my book, every one is entitled to an opinion. The way I look at it is this a boating forum and I know many other topics arise on here, some are good and some are not, and he is not the first one to talk about something other than boating, so the presedent was allready set. The desicion should be made by the board Gods, but, I always like to give everyone a second chance, especially after an apology, just my .02.

Steve 1 04-21-2003 05:46 PM

I say good riddance Cannot even recall one worth while post he made.. BTW freedom of speech applies to us all not just the God-Less Anti American snake group

tachyon 04-21-2003 05:46 PM

Why not suspension followed by probation? Was the offense so egregious that it warrants expulsion??

This board means alot to most of us...I'll bet even more to Catman...give him another chance...why be binary when you can be human...

kitten 04-21-2003 06:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve 1
[B]I say good riddance Cannot even recall one worth while post he made..

Well I can...............and he never made any personal attacks.
I really don't think he would want to come back. It was comedy
how some people got churned up . He's got his views, different
strokes for different folks!

MEMBER: #1479

[QUOTE] Originally Posted by Catmando
"Thank you, Timucin. But let me also say that I support our troops, and I believe this war will rid the earth of a monster who should have been removed a long time ago. The Iraqi people have suffered long enough, and the Middle East will be the better for removing him. We will get al Qaeda too."

:D

OffshoreOnly 04-21-2003 07:06 PM

He did not piss off an advertiser, he pissed off the Board Gods and several members. He was warned and he is welcome to come back if he can stick to boating and not rocking the boat.

God has spoken...

US1 Fountain 04-21-2003 07:08 PM

Originally posted by OffshoreOnly

God has spoken...

Ut Oh, theres that religion chit again. :D :D :D

tanned fat looks better 04-21-2003 07:09 PM

Phuck him...............leave him gone.

ragtop409 04-21-2003 07:11 PM

Cat

I chated with him alot in the chat room and I think he was not all bad. Even if he did/does not curently own a boat he loves boats and I do belive if nothing else he is well read on boats. There has been others around here that dont always own a boat. STEVE1 how would you feel if you were kicked it the nuts repeatedly. I bet you would leave and never come back. Mabey if the let Catmado back you should try it and see if he still affends you. Rag's

bajabob38 04-21-2003 07:37 PM

" Let He Who Has Not Sinned Throw the First Stone."

Just make sure you hit the cat man in the head.

:D :D :D

H2Xmark 04-21-2003 07:58 PM

some people never learn, maybe cat will or will not, I don't really care if he comes back or not, its up to Jeff and Steve, not my decision, but if he comes back and starts more crap, pull his chain please!!!!

liquid asset 04-21-2003 08:30 PM

Has anyone met him other than me??

Shorgasm 04-21-2003 09:19 PM

This is almost funny.....I bet he reads this and laughs.Among other things.I sure would like to know who he pissed off so bad.

I mean I can only imagine one thing that would make me whine like a baby to mommy that someone isn't playing fair!

Well to think about it a little more NO I can't.

He'll be back some of the guys on here are an easy target.

:crazy:

mcollinstn 04-21-2003 09:20 PM

I kind of miss him...

mcollinstn 04-21-2003 09:20 PM

I kind of miss him...

thedonz 04-21-2003 09:55 PM

I'm damned sorry I never read his posts by what I read about his departure.....sounds like a damn colorful guy.....last I heard this was still a free country and we can speak our minds and be entitled to our opinions.........those that don't agree are free to disagree........let the guy back in, I assure you there is nothing he can say that would move me to the point I'd ask that he be prohibited from participating here, I will read what he writes if I choose to do so, or not, its only his opinions in my view...

SCARABJ 04-21-2003 09:57 PM

good riddance glad to see him gone. most of the time i read his posts it had nothing to do with boats. if i wanted to see his kind of crap i would go to www ***** and moan.com

US1 Fountain 04-21-2003 10:20 PM

Notice how many of those replying within this topic against letting Cat back in because his topics are non boat related, are in fact themselves replying to a topic that is not boating related?

Hmmmmmmmmm :) :)

Lucididee 04-21-2003 10:37 PM

Just let Cat back!

Please?

OldSchool 04-22-2003 06:14 AM

Originally posted by bajabob38
" Let He Who Has Not Sinned Throw the First Stone."

Just make sure you hit the cat man in the head.

:D :D :D

You better watch out Bob, or he will kick your a$$- Remember that? :eek: :eek:

Fever500 04-22-2003 06:58 AM

Originally posted by Shorgasm
This is almost funny.....I bet he reads this and laughs.Among other things.I sure would like to know who he pissed off so bad.

I mean I can only imagine one thing that would make me whine like a baby to mommy that someone isn't playing fair!

Well to think about it a little more NO I can't.

He'll be back some of the guys on here are an easy target.

:crazy:

Hahaha... seems Shorgasm gets it.... buncha whiners.. they need to rename the Report This Post to Moderator button to MOMMY! :)

Highmark 04-22-2003 07:01 AM

Piss on the "Freedom of Speech" crap on this board!! The Gods of the board should be able to let anyone on here THEY want. If Catmando wants to spew his liberal bullsh%@ let him do that at the anti war ralley's. Then he will be just like his Hollywood mentors, CNN or ABC. Freedom of speech is one thing that made this country great but it still should be reserved for the correct time and place. Did you see thousands and thousands of Conservative Americans and Republicans marching in the street to get Bill Clinton impeached when he was corrupting the White House and lying under oath? No, because there is a time and a place and that would have done our Country no good at that time.

Shorgasm 04-22-2003 07:55 AM

I don't want anyone confusing my posts with approval of Catmando's words or actions.He is his own person and that is that!

Hell matter of fact I don't care what he does.He won't affect me in either way!

But,I don't think you can "get rid" of some people just for their views and how others feel personally about them.We are all a bunch of big boys and girls on here.If someone pisses me off and I don't care for their point I will take care of it myself!

OSO has been a very good "home" for me and one of the only one's I still continue to visit and think about.That should say enough about my feelings for OSO.

I just don't understand how some people can get soo worked up by what someone else says.We all know what Catmando is all about.Why the shock when he does something off the wall?

Think about this for a moment and see if you agree....With out bad there is no good.Furthermore without good there is no bad.
If everything is always good it WILL feel bland and unapprecited.Throw in some bad times and the good times are all the sweeter!

That's why we like boats soo much.They always have bad times and when the good times come they are sweet as pie! :crazy:

Same thing with Catmando.He spewes 99% crap and that's his perogative.But when he's good.he's really good.Only a few of you see it.I haven't but I'm sure it's there.

Diversity is the spice of life and Moderation is the key to using it to its full potential.Catmando had his spot on here and some people on here can't seem to find it.I for one find it amusingly obviuos!:crazy:

Erie Desire 04-22-2003 09:09 AM

originally posted by offshoreonly He did not piss off an advertiser, he pissed off the Board Gods and several members. He was warned and he is welcome to come back if he can stick to boating and not rocking the boat.
blah blah blah....He is still in "TIME OUT" isn't he.

packinair 04-22-2003 09:43 AM

notice it's always the ones that don't support the site with a membership that stir up all the **** and talk all the smack.. it is very easy, if you don't like it, start your own site.. pretty simple huh